Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How did I do?

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just had my first driving lesson and my instructor said that I'm good with the pedals but my steering needs work.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're good with the pedals but you need to work on your steering.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    I agree with this guys.

It sounds like you're good with the pedals but you need work on your steering.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you need to improve your steering and you're good at using the pedals.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Please, my sides are splitting. Is that normal for the first lesson or is steering meant to be easy?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well seeing as you've had one lesson focus on your steering, but your pedals should be fine.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's fine! Stop stressing! It's great that your good with your pedals already and I'm sure you'll get used to the steering soon.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Happens to everyone. Go on youtube and watch how people steer especially at different cornering angles. Make sure you don't cross your hands, or let go of the wheel and expect it to straighten itself out (Works at times but it would get you a few deductions during a test).

try pull and push technique.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ0vLK1zbkg
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some of you guys deserve a cookie for stating the obvious...

"I just had my first driving lesson and my instructor said that I'm good with the pedals but my steering needs work."

After reading that i don't think the OP needs someone to tell her that her steering needs to improve but she's ok with the pedals.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Erm, you've sort of answered your own question.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're good with pedals but need to work on your steering
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2_plus_X_equal_me)
    Some of you guys deserve a cookie for stating the obvious...

"I just had my first driving lesson and my instructor said that I'm good with the pedals but my steering needs work."

After reading that i don't think the OP needs someone to tell her that her steering needs to improve but she's ok with the pedals.
    ...I don't think you got the joke.

But in all seriousness OP, that's fine. It's your first lesson, it doesn't matter if you were absolutely terrible. The first few lessons are a learning curve until the driving feels more natural, as long as you progress that's the main thing.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 6, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.