The Student Room Group

Biology B3 Edexcel..using genetics

in the revision guide, on page 81, B3 topic 1-using genetics there is a bit that talks about insulin sticky ends, I think it's in a box, could someone type it up for me please, as I have an older version of the revision guide THANK YOU.
Reply 1
hi, i think it is this :

**************************************************************************************
The enzyme used to cut human and bacterial DNA (the plasmid) is called a restriction enzyme.

The enzyme used to 'stick' the human gene back into the plasmid is called ligase.

The sections of the plasmid and the human gene where they stick together are called stick ends.

**************************************************************************************
im taking the exam on 15th may. all the best
Reply 2
Original post by 1123rp
hi, i think it is this :

The enzyme used to cut human and bacterial DNA (the plasmid) is called a restriction enzyme.

The enzyme used to 'stick' the human gene back into the plasmid is called ligase.

The sections of the plasmid and the human gene where they stick together are called stick ends.

im taking the exam on 15th may. all the best

Thank you! It is that bit, I'm taking it on the 15th too! Good luck!
Reply 3
Are you taking the B3 exam on the 15th May?
How are you revising for it? and what do you think is going to be in there?
Reply 4
hey guys, im taking the same exam, i find past papers work for me most also flashcards, just know the content and you'll be fine.
edexcels exams are really challenging this year so i expect the same with this one /:
Reply 5
Hey Guys!

I'm also taking this exam on 15th May. Best of luck to everyone taking the exam. How are you all getting on with revision, don't suppose anybody wants to test each other via PM or something? I've been mainly revising using flashcards - starting to feel the pressure of the exam as it's not long to go now!

Thanks for the explanation of sticky ends - it's exactly what I needed.

Many thanks,

Joe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending