The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laut_biru
:hugs:

That's fairly normal with depression. I bet you're far more able to cope with this than you think.

Original post by luno
I hope I can will last 4 months! :h:

Thank you, guys! I'll make sure I get to university! Hopefully I'll find the motivation to start going to the gym (I'm petrified at the moment though, so I might just get some dumbells at home despite everyone saying the gym is better).
Trying to watch Captain America, finding concentration so ****ing difficult right now. Meant be to writing an essay, yeah that's not going to happen when I can't even follow a movie with a tiny plot. :sigh:
Reply 482
I feel really bad for my mum :frown: She has to face both me and my sister becoming more and more independent on her own and I feel like I'm not ring a good enough daughter since my dad died. Soon I will be going to uni and then y sister and then she will be all on her own :cry: I can hear her downstairs cooking right now and it's so sad that soon she'll only be cookin for one :frown: :cry2:
I've got part of my history exam tomorrow and I think freaking out might be an understatement. I'm barely functioning as it is, I can't believe I forgot! This is why I should triple check dates rather than convince myself it's still weeks before I need to worry.
Sometimes good days really confuse me because they make me doubt if I'm depressed or not...the last few days I haven't felt happy or sad, just nothing at all, which is worse in a way.
Reply 485
Original post by alexlduffy
Thank you, guys! I'll make sure I get to university! Hopefully I'll find the motivation to start going to the gym (I'm petrified at the moment though, so I might just get some dumbells at home despite everyone saying the gym is better).

Completely get that ... I really want to start going to the gym again, used to be really fit but since all this kicked in I haven't been able to do all the sporty stuff I used to! But it is just such a scary situation ... the gym with all the people and stuff like that! hope you manage to get the motivation to start going though (and hope I do to)
Original post by Phoenix07
Completely get that ... I really want to start going to the gym again, used to be really fit but since all this kicked in I haven't been able to do all the sporty stuff I used to! But it is just such a scary situation ... the gym with all the people and stuff like that! hope you manage to get the motivation to start going though (and hope I do to)

Thanks, hope you get the motivation too! My therapist suggested going with a friend, but the problem is that my friends just keep on letting me down time and time again so I have nobody to go with. It's pretty much either go by myself and be completely scared, or fork out the money for stuff at home.
Reply 487
Thanks, hope you get the motivation too! My therapist suggested going with a friend, but the problem is that my friends just keep on letting me down time and time again so I have nobody to go with. It's pretty much either go by myself and be completely scared, or fork out the money for stuff at home.

Yer I know the feeling, I used to go with my friend but we don't talk anymore ... and I don't have anyone else to go with which really sucks! So really my options are go by myself and panic lots or just go for a run by myself which is really stressful anyway! Hope you manage to sort something out though hun!
Guys, I have the common problems but its just tp depressing................sometimes i am even soo shocked that I am so depressed.
First of all I am an international student. I will be graduating hiigh school this year an I will be 20. This age is one depressing thing.
I applied to medicine and hoped to get into Bristol. I worked as hard as I could and be focused but cudnt make it totally in the june 2011 exam.
i got aabbcd
but then i repeated the bs and got As....in the chem I scored the highest from my school. now my AS are all As
I know luck is suppose to play a BIG role and maybe gap year is better for me but man I am so depressed to even take it. I will be older when I will graduate not even starting foundation training. my fellow frnds will be like 25 when they will and I will be like 28 If i am alive...........and thats makes me want to cry to bad at times that it is unbearable.
I an also having th guilt of being queer as if responsible for it, although it even hard to change. Everytime I end being all anxious and depressed.
I feel like total failure and my Alevels seem to take me forward. I try to pray five times a day, feeling grateful for all that I have, reading blogs on how to feel ok. I plan to go for swimming after exams but i still feel soo insulted for being older than my frnds being left behind for a gap year. Its hard to get into medical school in my country
and it will tough for me to get into the best one but honestly i dnt want to study here, I am much more comfy with UK education and By Allah's Grace if got the money.
I just hope it dosnt go away. I always wants things soo perfectly but now all this is happening its too much to take. Its sooo unbearble that ALL my frnds will be graduating before.
One year was fine , but now it is sooo hurtful to think that they eill be twp years ahead of me. I feel so bad and insulted. Meds take a long time. I know and i have the enthusias and the patience..........BUT I REALLY WANT TO STOP THINKING ON THINGS THAT I DONT HAVE..............its just when i do i cannot bear the pain.......bcs of everything.....i am so ungrateful and i try to be to make me feel better and to trust Him..............I completely changed from this happy cheery person to sad dump and asswipe :'(
I am have issues like a girl..(I am a guy)...............but the pain is unbearable
I try so hard to be happpy with will power but it dsnt seem to be working
She's on her way...I hour and she'll be home :cry2:

Original post by rmhumphries
I think that you get DSA, but it is funded by the NHS as opposed to SFE/SAAS/etc. So you can't apply to Student Finance England, but filling in the form you linked and returning to the NHS funding people will mean that the NHS give you the DSA instead.

However, you might be best ringing the NHS funding people to confirm.

I think you're right, thank you.
Original post by Anonymous
Guys, I have the common problems but its just tp depressing................sometimes i am even soo shocked that I am so depressed.
First of all I am an international student. I will be graduating hiigh school this year an I will be 20. This age is one depressing thing.
I applied to medicine and hoped to get into Bristol. I worked as hard as I could and be focused but cudnt make it totally in the june 2011 exam.
i got aabbcd
but then i repeated the bs and got As....in the chem I scored the highest from my school. now my AS are all As
I know luck is suppose to play a BIG role and maybe gap year is better for me but man I am so depressed to even take it. I will be older when I will graduate not even starting foundation training. my fellow frnds will be like 25 when they will and I will be like 28 If i am alive...........and thats makes me want to cry to bad at times that it is unbearable.
I an also having th guilt of being queer as if responsible for it, although it even hard to change. Everytime I end being all anxious and depressed.
I feel like total failure and my Alevels seem to take me forward. I try to pray five times a day, feeling grateful for all that I have, reading blogs on how to feel ok. I plan to go for swimming after exams but i still feel soo insulted for being older than my frnds being left behind for a gap year. Its hard to get into medical school in my country
and it will tough for me to get into the best one but honestly i dnt want to study here, I am much more comfy with UK education and By Allah's Grace if got the money.
I just hope it dosnt go away. I always wants things soo perfectly but now all this is happening its too much to take. Its sooo unbearble that ALL my frnds will be graduating before.
One year was fine , but now it is sooo hurtful to think that they eill be twp years ahead of me. I feel so bad and insulted. Meds take a long time. I know and i have the enthusias and the patience..........BUT I REALLY WANT TO STOP THINKING ON THINGS THAT I DONT HAVE..............its just when i do i cannot bear the pain.......bcs of everything.....i am so ungrateful and i try to be to make me feel better and to trust Him..............I completely changed from this happy cheery person to sad dump and asswipe :'(
I am have issues like a girl..(I am a guy)...............but the pain is unbearable
I try so hard to be happpy with will power but it dsnt seem to be working

Hey if I'm reading this correctly you're worrying because everyone will graduate before you? that shouldn't be a problem, when I (eventually) go to uni everyone will be three years ahead. Then again I myself feel bad about the same thing, so I guess this is one of those cases where I can see the logic and apply it to you but not myself. Still, take my advice: in the long term it does not matter in the slightest, lots of people at uni are older than 18.

I am sorry you are feeling so bad :frown: How long have you been on meds for? If it has been a reasonable number of weeks then maybe they are not the right ones and you should go to your doctor to try and get something that works. DO NOT STOP TAKING WHAT YOU ARE TAKING. Even skipping doses is bad. Last year I was on meds and I kept forgetting and it led to me being so, so, much worse. I ended up hallucinating. Once I came off them I was better because not having a steady dose screwed up my brain chemistry.

Do you mean 'queer' as in gay or 'queer' as in odd? If you mean as in gay that is not a problem at all and you should not try and change trust me. Feeling guilty for that is really sad. Even though I struggle with myself sometimes too....

I realise that this message probably doesn't make sense because I am in the middle of a minor breakdown and so my concentration and my verbalisation of what I want to say isn't very good. Keep going though. It will work out okay even if it takes a little while longer than it does for other people. Remember that you are unwell and it is not a weakness of character or a failure on your part. :h:
Yer I know the feeling, I used to go with my friend but we don't talk anymore ... and I don't have anyone else to go with which really sucks! So really my options are go by myself and panic lots or just go for a run by myself which is really stressful anyway! Hope you manage to sort something out though hun!

Thank you very much, same to you! Hopefully I'll find someone who's willing to go with me, even just once. If not, then I'm going to just buy some equipment at home. It's the wimpy way out but I don't care.
Reply 492
Thank you very much, same to you! Hopefully I'll find someone who's willing to go with me, even just once. If not, then I'm going to just buy some equipment at home. It's the wimpy way out but I don't care.

Well it is the easy way out ... but you don't want to end up not doing anything just because you can't go to the gym! Its better to do something and then you might feel more confident about going to the gym in the future!
Well it is the easy way out ... but you don't want to end up not doing anything just because you can't go to the gym! Its better to do something and then you might feel more confident about going to the gym in the future!

Very true :smile: Thanks to your help, I plucked up the courage to text one friend to ask if he's interested in going to the gym sometime soon. If I don't end up sorting something out by Thursday, then I'll buy a set of dumbells for home. Thank you for all the help :smile:
I was not informed of the new thread. *Huffs off about being ignored and victimised especially as I know all about the magic of cheese*

Just displaying my feelings as my counsellor tells me I should :tongue:

Anyway. Back at uni for my exams and feeling strangely positive, even though I've done little to no revision for the exam tomorrow and didn't go to any of the lectures so I am well and truly rogered up the arse. I've stumbled into the bad side of youtube - documentaries on children with mental disorders* - and now I feel sad :frown:

*Currently watching one on diagnosing bipolar in 3 year olds and medicating them. Wtf.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I was not informed of the new thread. *Huffs off about being ignored and victimised especially as I know all about the magic of cheese*

then you must be ancient :tongue:
subbed
Original post by ViceVersa
She's on her way...I hour and she'll be home :cry2:

:hugs: Is your mum home now ??? I find when my dad comes back from being away he is a bit different for a few days :s-smilie: Im not sure what its like for you though.
If your depressed and looking for a purpose,
PM me
Im starting a cultural revolution. :smile:
Im looking for people :wink:
Original post by kahinalouise
:hugs: Is your mum home now ??? I find when my dad comes back from being away he is a bit different for a few days :s-smilie: Im not sure what its like for you though.

Yeah she is, and yeah she's being different, but not so much BAD different...yet anyway

Latest