The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ViceVersa
I hate that I can't have the life of others. I so hate it.

Me and you both :hugs:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Me and you both :hugs:

Shame you can identify with me, I wouldn't wish the feeling on anyone :sadnod:

:jumphug:
Reply 522
I really am not feeling well. Just regret getting into this situation. Why can't I be happy like everyone else? I feel like :cry: but can't make myself :frown: . I've had enough of this.
Why can't my life just get better?? The only reason I'm having nostalgia problems is because of my life being complete ****, back as a kid life was just so much better and happier. I hate my life now.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I was actually thinking something along these lines too today. Not that I ever feel suicidal or anything, but after all this stressing about what to do with my life, trying to get a job, trying to do all this education, stressing about all this stuff when why does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? In 100 years time we'll all be gone and then that's that :dontknow:

very true, everything we stress about now is to somehow serve us in lessening the pains of existence by going after success and just making life easier in the present. So it's that versus the everything is pointless as it isn't going to last argument :frown:
anyone seen that film It's kind of a funny story
might temporarily distract you if your depression isn't that severe

also my sister told me about this documentary called the suicide tourist

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1246599/
about a man with a terminal illness who decides to be euthanised and lets a camera follow his every move, i don't mean to cause further depression, just check it out if you've ever had these feelings, might give a new perspective on a largely untouched upon topic
Original post by winning11
very true, everything we stress about now is to somehow serve us in lessening the pains of existence by going after success and just making life easier in the present. So it's that versus the everything is pointless as it isn't going to last argument :frown:

Yep :yep:. I'd rather not give up though, as I'd still like a relatively happy life, I just need to somehow figure out how to get that without all this constant stressing out. I mean, if we're put on this earth I guess we may as well make the most and best of it whilst we can :dontknow:
Reply 527
EIS assessment :afraid:
Reply 528
Original post by Noodlzzz
EIS assessment :afraid:

:hugs:
Reply 529
Original post by avhhs
:hugs:

Thank you very much :smile: How are you doing today?
How is everyone today?

I'm getting increasingly anxious about the future. I know I should think about it too much, but it's hard not to. Everyone keeps asking me what I'm doing next year. I don't know. It's hard to make decisions. I'm scared of choosing something and then regretting that choice. I can't get certain thoughts out my head either.
Reply 531
Original post by Noodlzzz
Thank you very much :smile: How are you doing today?

I'm feeling very crap :cry: :cry: . I haven't been in a good mood since last night, and I don't want to go to school. There was also an appointment with social services, but I decided to not go there. And my mum has told me that she will be checking later to see whether I've gone to school :angry: . I'm still not going. My dad is such a massive liar too. And I'm getting strong urges again :angry: :cry: :cry:

At least you're feeling better :hugs:
Reply 532
Original post by avhhs
I'm feeling very crap :cry: :cry: . I haven't been in a good mood since last night, and I don't want to go to school. There was also an appointment with social services, but I decided to not go there. And my mum has told me that she will be checking later to see whether I've gone to school :angry: . I'm still not going. My dad is such a massive liar too. And I'm getting strong urges again :angry: :cry: :cry:

At least you're feeling better :hugs:

Oh I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so crap :frown: Why did you decide not to go to the appointment? If you do decide not to go to school today, try and make the most of it and cheer yourself up. I have no idea what this involves for guys (COD and sandwiches? ha) but I know for me staying in my pjs and watching crap TV and eating junk food always cheers me up. Try and hang in there ok? You don't need to give in to the urges, you are strong enough and we're all here for you :smile:
Reply 533
Original post by sunfowers01
How is everyone today?

I'm getting increasingly anxious about the future. I know I should think about it too much, but it's hard not to. Everyone keeps asking me what I'm doing next year. I don't know. It's hard to make decisions. I'm scared of choosing something and then regretting that choice. I can't get certain thoughts out my head either.

:hugs: I feel the same and when I eventually make a choice about something, I usually regret it at some point when my mood is low.

What do you need to choose? If it is something to do with uni/ college maybe you could speak to your tutor?

My main advice is to choose something you enjoy and even if you regret it later, it is not the end of the world :redface:.
Reply 534
Original post by Anonymous
Why can't my life just get better?? The only reason I'm having nostalgia problems is because of my life being complete ****, back as a kid life was just so much better and happier. I hate my life now.

:console: Life will get better one day. Try and stay strong.
Reply 535
Original post by tweedletallie
I've got part of my history exam tomorrow and I think freaking out might be an understatement. I'm barely functioning as it is, I can't believe I forgot! This is why I should triple check dates rather than convince myself it's still weeks before I need to worry.

Just try your best :hugs:. Good luck :h:!
Count me in, mum died right at the beginning of revision period. I still haven't got over it. Fianl exams at uni start in two days and my revision has been put on hold indefinatley! Just lost all motivation for everything, I managed to secure a great graduate job in an investment bank and now cba with that even, literally fml

:sigh: bye bye first class, hello third
Reply 537
Original post by Anonymous
It could do, not had one for so long!

Hope it's going well! :hugs:

Just got back from the trafford centre, hate that place. Mum dragged me into debenhams to see about make-up for the leavers do. Ended up in this chair with a lady asking me questions about my skin and I had no idea how to respond. She then told me off for rubbing it in too much while her and my mum laughed at me. Lots of mirrors were involved and it was just a generally uncomfortable time. :sigh:

:eek: This is my second one in an hour.

Actually managed to sit down for an hour straight and revise last night, usually it's at most 10 minutes. If I could just do that consistently then there wouldn't be a problem but it's like as soon as I sit down my mind goes "aah work = stress, must stop!". Wish I could control my ridiculous mind!
On the plus side Ronnie won the World Championship! :biggrin:

Aww sounds like a complete nightmare! Make-up departments make me feel really intimidated and I hurry past them. At least it's over! :jumphug:
Have you made a decision about the leavers do? :hugs:
Reply 538
Original post by jermaindefoe
Count me in, mum died right at the beginning of revision period. I still haven't got over it. Fianl exams at uni start in two days and my revision has been put on hold indefinatley! Just lost all motivation for everything, I managed to secure a great graduate job in an investment bank and now cba with that even, literally fml

:sigh: bye bye first class, hello third

Sorry about your mum, this must be a really hard time for you. :console:
Does your uni know about the situation? There should be something they can do for you like perhaps having the exams delayed.
Original post by Webberino
Sorry about your mum, this must be a really hard time for you. :console:
Does your uni know about the situation? There should be something they can do for you like perhaps having the exams delayed.

yeh i told them, they said they would be leniant but thats about it - nothing concrete has been said to me, they told me people have been given marks for less but i mean whats that to say?

I have literally done no revision, i had massive problems about 7 years ago with depression when i came off of stuff... and now im exactly the same. i went to the drs and got citalopram but they aren't working :sigh: still haven't cried about my mum :/

Latest