The Student Room Group

Scariest films you have ever seen?

I would go with...

Rosemary's Baby (especially the last 15 mins)
The Shining (Jack Nicholson...enough said)
Rec (The last bit was freaky deaky!)
Misery (crazy, scary lady!)

There is more but I cant think of any. What are yours?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Evel dead: I watched it ages ago and it scared the freak out of me at a time. And I think there is three of them.
Scary films don't scare me, but weirdly enough I did get scared during the first Chronicles of Narnia :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by Billion1995
Evel dead: I watched it ages ago and it scared the freak out of me at a time. And I think there is three of them.

Well. That's kinda funny (lololol), given that it's one of the greatest comedy/'horror' films ever.

I've never really been scared by a film. There was a scene/episode of The Moomins that was kinda creepy.
Original post by Billion1995

The first one is a semi horror semi spoof
second one more spoof than horror
third one out and out spoof.

anyway the one that got me was the grudge, just something about it.
The Grudge 1 and 2.. they both **** me up every time!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Hm, those Japanese horror films where scary (Grudge 1 & 2); but while people say they couldn't sleep for three days after watching that, I got over it in a day.

I did watch a Malay film called Pontianak Haram Sundal Malam (literally Vampire Lady, it tells the story of a female vampire who is seeking revenged on those who killed her). I couldn't get over that Lady's face in two days!

I was told "The Exorcist" was a scary film....... and my mother particularly said the head-spinning part was most scary, but I laughed out during that part of the movie.

And so was Evil Dead. My father said it was his scary movie, so I watched. But it wasn't so scary (I guess the effects made it laughable) but granted, it was very suspenseful!

I have watched all Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street.... they're just a overdose of highly grossly creative imagination... Yet, no I won't curl up under my blanket. If anything horror films are suspense. They don't make me want to switch on the lights the whole night away.....
The Ring. That bloody film!
Reply 8
- Megan is missing (crap all the way through but the end is pretty tense and theres one image I couldn't get out my head for days) :frown:
- The Shining
- The Ring (first watched this when I was about 11 with my dad and when I went to bed he kept making scary noises to try and scare me and telling me not to go downstairs because someone would come out the TV)
Reply 9
Original post by screamaimash
The Ring. That bloody film!

This, absolutely. I assume you're talking about the first film (the second one was not as scary).
Reply 10
Original post by MancBoy
I would go with...

Rosemary's Baby (especially the last 15 mins)
The Shining (Jack Nicholson...enough said)
Rec (The last bit was freaky deaky!)
Misery (crazy, scary lady!)

There is more but I cant think of any. What are yours?

Poltergeist when I was about 7 years old... :frown:
Reply 11
The Ring is the film that has lost me the most sleep in my life. I was about 12 when I first watched it and I did not sleep for weeks afterwards.

I didn't really get why everyone was scared of the Grudge. I think I was scared for a night or so then quickly forgot about it.

Oh, Insidious also scared me (I was scared for about 2 nights after that).
Martyrs, truly harrowing film wouldn't recommend anyone watch it. Not because it's a bad film, it's just so disturbing.
Reply 13
Original post by concubine
There was a scene/episode of The Moomins that was kinda creepy.

Are you talking about the Groke? I can't post pictures atm, but that **** gave me nightmares for weeks.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
i absolutely love horror films my faves are rec 1 and especially 2, grave encounters- this is a must see!!, and paranormal activity 3. Human centipede 1 and 2 made me laugh Haha xx
Reply 15
your mums pussy last night
Hostel
The Human Centipede
Boxing Helena
:frown:
Reply 17
I can't handle horror films but I think I saw the first Ring movie about 5 years ago and naturally hid during most of it, I just remember 2 scenes scaring the hell out of me...the girl in the pantry and when the chair swivelled round and the girl came out the tv ahhhh!

I was forced to see Insidious at the cinema last year too, again I barely watched any but my god the baby monitor bit was horrible.
Reply 18
13 Ghosts (the 2001 remake one) aged about 10, the bathtub bit scared me to bits, I suddenly spent the subsequent, oh 5 years maybe, taking showers instead of baths!
Reply 19
The ending of Megan is Missing was not fun

don't talk to strangers on the interwebs!

Quick Reply

Latest