The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by jermaindefoe
yeh i told them, they said they would be leniant but thats about it - nothing concrete has been said to me, they told me people have been given marks for less but i mean whats that to say?

I have literally done no revision, i had massive problems about 7 years ago with depression when i came off of stuff... and now im exactly the same. i went to the drs and got citalopram but they aren't working :sigh: still haven't cried about my mum :/

Hmm seems like they could be doing more. Maybe you could go to your teaching hub and ask about having the exams delayed, I think there is usually a form and they ask for supporting evidence which I really wouldn't see being a problem in your case, you could get a letter from the doctor you saw aswell.
The only problem is time with your exams starting so soon, but you could see what they say. Shame they didn't explain more what they mean by leniant as you don't know how helpful that will be.

How long have you been taking the citalopram?
Original post by Webberino
x

2 weeks so far, i had them before and they worked eventually but its jsut my motivation has gone for anything, it shouldn't be like this i had such a lot to look forward too, 6 years of solid work after coming from where i was is nuts, on course for a first and all to go at the last hurdle.
Original post by Noodlzzz
EIS assessment :afraid:

Good luck!!

(I thought you already had one? Or was that someone else.....:confused: )
Reply 543
Original post by Sabertooth
Good luck!!

(I thought you already had one? Or was that someone else.....:confused: )

Nope it was me. They decided I was just 'briefly psychotic'. 3 months later and it's got worse so the CMHT have referred me back with a 'please help her, you got it wrong' note :P And thank you :smile:
Nope it was me. They decided I was just 'briefly psychotic'. 3 months later and it's got worse so the CMHT have referred me back with a 'please help her, you got it wrong' note :P And thank you :smile:

Ah right, fair enough. Well at least you know what format the interview takes etc so you shouldn't feel too nervous about it.

Hope it goes well for you and you get the right answer (whichever that is).
*sigh* seeing my keyworker today. Everything was clear on sunday morning, it was clear what was real and what was imagined, but then I saw my friend and he said it was all real, and I'm still feeling confused as **** over it. I mean if an outsider with an unbiased view on the situation tells you one thing then surely it's probably right? But people here are saying he's wrong, although, to be fair, I haven't explained the reasons to people here so he is more informed.

Bah, I dunno, I hate going to see people without a clear idea about things in my head. I'm gonna come across like a total retard.
wow, okay, so some people on TSR are ***** then. that was pretty much the last thing I needed to be told right now and in that way as well.

edit: to avoid any confusion this post does not refer to anything said in this or any other dep soc thread.
Reply 547
Original post by SciFiBoy
wow, okay, so some people on TSR are ***** then. that was pretty much the last thing I needed to be told right now and in that way as well.

edit: to avoid any confusion this post does not refer to anything said in this or any other dep soc thread.

Don't worry about those people :console: . Its because of views like that that we don't get taken seriously and get the right support. Made worse by them using the word "depressed" when they're just feeling a tiny bit sad :angry:
Original post by avhhs
Don't worry about those people :console: . Its because of views like that that we don't get taken seriously and get the right support. Made worse by them using the word "depressed" when they're just feeling a tiny bit sad :angry:

I know, is just really something I find offensive, not to mention im not in a good place right now so is literally the last thing I need said to me :frown: had a rough morning so far. the fact people don't take mental health issues seriously in our society ****s me off so much, just part of this whole arrogant self righteous culture people have these days, people think they are gods and everything they say, do or think is gospel that nobody else should deviate from and ****.
I know, is just really something I find offensive, not to mention im not in a good place right now so is literally the last thing I need said to me :frown: had a rough morning so far. the fact people don't take mental health issues seriously in our society ****s me off so much, just part of this whole arrogant self righteous culture people have these days, people think they are gods and everything they say, do or think is gospel that nobody else should deviate from and ****.

Why do you care so much what stupid people say?

Do you watch Jeremy Kyle and get annoyed with how mindblowingly stupid the guests are? Or do you just accept it and move on? TSR has a hell of a lot of incredibly stupid people but it's not healthy to allow them to wind you up, just accept they're morons and move on. You're not gonna be able to change them anyway. :dontknow:

Do you watch Jeremy Kyle and get annoyed with how mindblowingly stupid the guests are? Or do you just accept it and move on? TSR has a hell of a lot of incredibly stupid people but it's not healthy to allow them to wind you up, just accept they're morons and move on. You're not gonna be able to change them anyway. :dontknow:

idk, just bothers me I guess, I shouldn't pay any attention to these things but for some reason they really bug me :/ idk, I might get some sleep cause im tired and hopefully feel better after a nap!
Reply 551

I don't think any thread with that tehFrance chap in it will do wonders for the mood :console:

Try to ignore them. Ignorance about mental illness is pretty rife, but we know the truth :hugs:

I know what you're referring to, but try not to take it too personally; some people are just ignorant and small-minded :hugs:

Yeah, very good comment :top:. I admit they used to wind me up too, especially when I first joined TSR and was shocked by how rude some people are, but now I've slowly learned to just laugh at how pathetic they are that they think the way they do.

Original post by Nut.
I don't think any thread with that tehFrance chap in it will do wonders for the mood :console:

Try to ignore them. Ignorance about mental illness is pretty rife, but we know the truth :hugs:

:lol: How did you know? I never see you post in that thread :p:
I'm curious what thread this is now, I feel like I'm missing out. :holmes: Can anyone link me?
Reply 554
Oh I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so crap :frown: Why did you decide not to go to the appointment? If you do decide not to go to school today, try and make the most of it and cheer yourself up. I have no idea what this involves for guys (COD and sandwiches? ha) but I know for me staying in my pjs and watching crap TV and eating junk food always cheers me up. Try and hang in there ok? You don't need to give in to the urges, you are strong enough and we're all here for you :smile:

I didn't go to the appointment because I know it doesn't help me at all. It would only ruin my mood further. And I haven't gone to school. At least that means I don't have to do mock exams :biggrin: . The problem is, going out somewhere cheers me up, and I can't go out all the time, especially when its cold :frown: . I played a bit of Mario Kart :colondollar: , but got bored quickly :frown: . I think that if I'm going to be able to revise, I need to go to the library, and I need to walk there because if I take the bus I'll have my oyster card with me, and that will tempt me :tongue: . And thanks for being so kind :cry2: :jumphug:

Oh God. I hate those kind of people so much :mad: . They are so ignorant. I suggest that you don't look at this thread, because of some of the ignorance displayed :biggrin: [s]rolleyes[\s]
Reply 555
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom

:lol: How did you know? I never see you post in that thread :p:

I may lurk there every now and then :lurk: :ninja:
I'm curious what thread this is now, I feel like I'm missing out. :holmes: Can anyone link me?

Here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1968201&page=346&page=346
I actually enjoyed my history exam. I'm not certain I passed with astounding marks, but I enjoyed it which is probably proof above all else that I lack common sense. Oh well!
Reply 558
Original post by tweedletallie
I actually enjoyed my history exam. I'm not certain I passed with astounding marks, but I enjoyed it which is probably proof above all else that I lack common sense. Oh well!

Good to hear you passed :smile: :hugs: . There's nothing wrong with enjoying the exam. It shows that you are motivated to study :smile: :yep: :hugs:
Reply 559
So there are police cars crawling all over campus and one just stopped me to ask me my name :afraid:

Spoiler

Latest