The Student Room Group

Why do girls hate me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Girlproblems
So im a girl and girls have an issue with me
I spent a lot of time with boys, e.g. living with mostly boys next year, when i go out its with boys (e.g. clubs/pubs/town/supermarket) 90% of the time im just with boys and this is because/maybe why girls hate me?

Im really laid back, hate bitching, easy going and sociable but for some reason girls just want to punch me..

what am i doing wrong here? :frown:

P.S. i work at hollister
girls who hate me like to mention that.
but in all seriousness Im not stuck up in the slighest and if i could find a better job id take it..

I don't hate you :biggrin:

To be honest, they're just jealous, trust me hun, been there done that
Reply 41
A lot of it is probably in your head. I'm sure if you got to talk to more girls more often you would find that you get on well with them. Also I doubt where you work has much of an influence on what they think about you

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
They hate you because, unlike them, you are not insecure around guys. I wouldn't say hate tbh but i would say they envy you. In other words there damn right jealous!

'Why should you be able to freely move around boys, while they find themselves feeling insecure and the need to adjust there shirt or hair to make them look the par every minute there around guys'.

Thats what i think anyways.
Reply 43
from reading the whole of this thread I would guess its a combination of

seeing you as some sort of threat when it comes to guys they like
feeling like your not as interested in them as your male friends
and you assuming they will hate you so it becoming a self fulfilling prophecy

oh and possibly the fact that most of your friends are boys and therefore you presumably have lots in common with them means you don't have as much in common with these girls, or they assume that to be the case.

I'm sure there are girls who don't hate you though, you don't seem horrible or anything so there must be.
Reply 44
Here's a life lesson, girls do not like other girls EVER
Reply 45
Original post by Staceycake
Fake yourself up with fake tan and make-up and they will love you :rolleyes:

ew no haha

Original post by Some random guy
Jealous of the attention you get probs. Do you share any interests with these girls? If there isn't any common ground to stimulate social interaction, then that could explain it too. I'm no mind guru tho.

Well i do cheerleading, im really girly..
Reply 46
Original post by Lydia1234
Here's a life lesson, girls do not like other girls EVER

:frown:
Reply 47
Original post by PeterOkenla11
They hate you because, unlike them, you are not insecure around guys. I wouldn't say hate tbh but i would say they envy you. In other words there damn right jealous!

'Why should you be able to freely move around boys, while they find themselves feeling insecure and the need to adjust there shirt or hair to make them look the par every minute there around guys'.

Thats what i think anyways.

intresting..
Reply 48
Original post by st_23
A lot of it is probably in your head. I'm sure if you got to talk to more girls more often you would find that you get on well with them. Also I doubt where you work has much of an influence on what they think about you

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

went to a girls school for 7 years and was pretty much bullied the whole time iwas there
Reply 49
Original post by hopingtobeadentist
I don't hate you :biggrin:

To be honest, they're just jealous, trust me hun, been there done that

tehe awww thanks :biggrin:
Reply 50
Original post by Girlproblems
So im a girl and girls have an issue with me
I spent a lot of time with boys, e.g. living with mostly boys next year, when i go out its with boys (e.g. clubs/pubs/town/supermarket) 90% of the time im just with boys and this is because/maybe why girls hate me?

Im really laid back, hate bitching, easy going and sociable but for some reason girls just want to punch me..

what am i doing wrong here? :frown:

P.S. i work at hollister
girls who hate me like to mention that.
but in all seriousness Im not stuck up in the slighest and if i could find a better job id take it..

Maybe girls think you're slaggy. Or they're jealous.
Reply 51
Original post by Like a BAWS
From my own experience, the girls who post fb statuses saying "Why do girls hate me? " or " boys are so much better to hang round with than girls" are either:

a.) Hated by not just girls but everyone, because they're arrogant, attention-seeking bitches, but think boys like them when really they just want sex.
b.) slags, and sleep with all the people they call their 'friends'

However, on occasion you do find lovely girls who just so happen to get on better with boys simply because they like the fact that boys are (generally) less bitchy and aren't so judgemental about what you're wearing and how you've done your hair that day etc etc. I'm sure you're that type of girl OP. :smile: And since you're obviously attractive by the fact you work in Hollister, any new girls you meet may become jealous of you aswell.

1) i have never posted a status like that
2) slept with 2 people who were my bfs

but haha thanks i like to think maybe that second bit is true :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by yothi5
Maybe girls think you're slaggy. Or they're jealous.

im like the least slaggy person ever :frown:
Reply 53
anyone else have an opinion ?
Reply 54
Original post by nutrition2012

haha erm dont quite know how to reply to that haha
Reply 55
Original post by nohomo
The author of the article is a normal reasonably pretty girl. The kind you look at and think "she looks pleasant and there's nothing repulsive about her", and then forget a few seconds later.

i dont think shes that great really
Reply 56
It sounds liek your playing a 'victim' kind of role like 'omg I'm so nice why does everyone hate me'. You seem like a nice person I'm just imagining what they might think, either that or their jealous of your hollister job?
Most girls are just jealous about others being better then them
Reply 58
Original post by Lumos
you're attractive and popular with guys... and you know it. go figure.

i dont get it..
Reply 59
Original post by Soph(:
It sounds liek your playing a 'victim' kind of role like 'omg I'm so nice why does everyone hate me'. You seem like a nice person I'm just imagining what they might think, either that or their jealous of your hollister job?

i have never said this to anyone in my life btw, just on here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending