The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2180
Original post by WantCakeGetCake
What's the matter sweetheart?

Student Finance woes. Asked my GP to 'confirm my identity' - never heard back. So I phoned SFE and asked if it was okay to have someone who didn't meet all of the criteria and they said it was okay, so asked my former manager and, despite our emailing on the same day, haven't heard anything since. :unimpressed:

Looks like I won't have any money in September.
Original post by Cool Cat
cheers :h: just worried that the longness of the fringe and the shortness of the rest of my hair looks odd. Also it doesn't seem to want to flip up properly but I can't work out why :s-smilie:

You'll get used to it.

Have you tried using some product to get it to flip up?

Original post by Lacus
Student Finance woes. Asked my GP to 'confirm my identity' - never heard back. So I phoned SFE and asked if it was okay to have someone who didn't meet all of the criteria and they said it was okay, so asked my former manager and, despite our emailing on the same day, haven't heard anything since. :unimpressed:

Looks like I won't have any money in September.

Is it worth dropping into the surgery, or your former employers? People tend to respond better in person:smile:?

If all else fails, could like your headteacher not do it?
You'll get used to it.

Have you tried using some product to get it to flip up?

yeah, I've tried my usual stuff. It seems to be too long to flip up even though it's been cut and the length before was just about ok to flip

bizarre
Reply 2183
Is it worth dropping into the surgery, or your former employers? People tend to respond better in person:smile:?

If all else fails, could like your headteacher not do it?

I did :tongue: Well, I could drop in and see my manager as I am in the area tomorrow, but it would be a bit weird.
yeah, I've tried my usual stuff. It seems to be too long to flip up even though it's been cut and the length before was just about ok to flip

bizarre

Try washing, conditioning and then blow drying, hair becomes more err pliable after I always find:smile:.

Original post by Lacus
I did :tongue: Well, I could drop in and see my manager as I am in the area tomorrow, but it would be a bit weird.

Why would it be weird?
Reply 2185
Try washing, conditioning and then blow drying, hair becomes more err pliable after I always find:smile:.

Why would it be weird?

Just would :tongue:

If my manager doesn't want to do it then I don't want to make it awkward.

hmmm, I haven't conditioned since about 2 yrs ago when i got me hair cut :tongue: I'm afraid how fluffy my hair could go with it nowadays tbh :h:

haven't blowdried in yonks either. I may crack out the hairdrier if washing and airdrying doesn't help
Original post by Lacus
Just would :tongue:

If my manager doesn't want to do it then I don't want to make it awkward.

Oh okay, thing is though, sometimes, without someone being there, it's very easy to put it at the back of your mind, it happens to me, I tend to pay more attention to the people in front of me, it's not intentional, it's just one of those things,
hmmm, I haven't conditioned since about 2 yrs ago when i got me hair cut :tongue: I'm afraid how fluffy my hair could go with it nowadays tbh :h:

haven't blowdried in yonks either. I may crack out the hairdrier if washing and airdrying doesn't help

I condition my hair otherwise it just goes greasy. It does go a bit fluffy after washing, though. Try blow drying and applying some wax or mousse to make it less fluffy. :smile:
Original post by thurin
6 in one year! :redface: My seven are stretched over two years!
Yay, Greek Music :smile: (I realise that's not ancient but still...)

I'm envious! Do you get to spend a year abroad/have you chosen where you want to go? I wish I'd carried French on into A-level (and got rid of maths - I found that so dull)
I can't believe it's nearly the end of first year too! And even this term is going quickly :\

I'm most likely going to be in Europe as it's easier to sort out, though wouldn't mind Canada (that's if I overcame a fear of flying :frown: )
I really need a hug :frown:
Original post by Mad Vlad
I really need a hug :frown:

:hugs:
What's the matter? :frown:

Original post by thurin

This is...unorthodox for running. But I can totally see myself running to this though. Thanks :tongue:

Original post by Aek-94
Here's the latest gay marriage video making its way around the web (with 1.2 million views so far), it's quite upsetting. :frown:

"Falling off the balcony" ? Did he kill himself or something? :frown:
Reply 2193
My shoes always squash my toes in even though the shoes are my size. A size up and they would be too big. Any solutions, people?

I don't even want to read it. :frown:
Reply 2194
Original post by Lacus
My shoes always squash my toes in even though the shoes are my size. A size up and they would be too big. Any solutions, people?

New feet?

Or larger shoes + insoles/thick socks
Reply 2195
DAY OFF!!! I have spent it lounging.
Worst day EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR! So this guy I have a huge crush on said Hi to me and all i did was look at the ground then smile! I'm so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Feartheunknown
Worst day EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR! So this guy I have a huge crush on said Hi to me and all i did was look at the ground then smile! I'm so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let these adorable baby bears cheer you up

Reply 2198
Original post by fretter778
Let these adorable baby bears cheer you up

Adorable
I have my Specials assessment day tomorrow :awesome:

Jace Falco
x

Any tips? :h:

Latest