The Student Room Group

Feel so confused right now!!!

Don't want to have a huge post which would be a ball ache to read. Basically I have been in a relationship for now 3 years and after starting uni, things were ok. Until this girl came along, she is in a lot of my labs and we hit it off quite well. This did not sit well with my girlfriend, well I don't blame her, I spent more time talking to this girl than I did my girlfriend. It comes to the point where my girlfriend could not take it. I did not want to lose someone so important to me so I sorted it, however this other girl then admits to me like a month later that she has feelings for me but can not trust me as I put my girlfriend above her and other stuff like that.

Problem now is I feel like i have quite strong feelings for this girl, at the time i only really saw her as a friend, this girl is now not talking to me to try and move on from me. Should I just accept it and move on with my life? (currently not with my girlfriend due to another arguement)
Reply 1
your gf should dump you, stop stringing her along if you like someone else! its not fair on her. Then let the other girl know youve broken up with your gf, and pursue things with her, gradually.
Original post by Anonymous
Don't want to have a huge post which would be a ball ache to read. Basically I have been in a relationship for now 3 years and after starting uni, things were ok. Until this girl came along, she is in a lot of my labs and we hit it off quite well. This did not sit well with my girlfriend, well I don't blame her, I spent more time talking to this girl than I did my girlfriend. It comes to the point where my girlfriend could not take it. I did not want to lose someone so important to me so I sorted it, however this other girl then admits to me like a month later that she has feelings for me but can not trust me as I put my girlfriend above her and other stuff like that.

Problem now is I feel like i have quite strong feelings for this girl, at the time i only really saw her as a friend, this girl is now not talking to me to try and move on from me. Should I just accept it and move on with my life? (currently not with my girlfriend due to another arguement)

This confuses me. If a guy sticks with his girlfriend despite another girl being flirtatious and whatnot, surely that makes him more trustworthy? Or is it being she basically got rejected and now feels like he likes his girlfriend more so she realises she won't win him over that easily and decides to give up?

Girls, please give your opinion on this because it'd be nice to understand her thinking.

And OP, if you find yourself clicking that well with another girl, you have to nip it in the bud and decide to cut them out of your life as much as possible before it becomes more problematic. It's understandable that you'd develop feelings for her; it's not like your girlfriend is the only person in the world that you have stuff in common with and can get along with. That's what a committed relationship means though, so you have to get rid of that relationship with the lab girl so there's enough room for that type of relationship with your girlfriend.

Anyway, that's all a bit too late now by the sounds of it, so you may as well try and recover the situation with 1 of the girls.
At the moment she is the forbidden fruit, the fact your girlfriend also has said she doesn't like her will be making her more desirable. From experience, the grass isn't always greener, hopping between relationships without any sort of gap rarely ends well. 3 years is a substaintial relationship at this age, it will take some getting over. Too right you should put your girlfriend before her, she should come first whilst you are still with her, don't let her girltrap you into moving on, only to lose interest in you once you do.
Reply 4
Original post by RichyFrench
This confuses me. If a guy sticks with his girlfriend despite another girl being flirtatious and whatnot, surely that makes him more trustworthy? Or is it being she basically got rejected and now feels like he likes his girlfriend more so she realises she won't win him over that easily and decides to give up?

Girls, please give your opinion on this because it'd be nice to understand her thinking.

And OP, if you find yourself clicking that well with another girl, you have to nip it in the bud and decide to cut them out of your life as much as possible before it becomes more problematic. It's understandable that you'd develop feelings for her; it's not like your girlfriend is the only person in the world that you have stuff in common with and can get along with. That's what a committed relationship means though, so you have to get rid of that relationship with the lab girl so there's enough room for that type of relationship with your girlfriend.

Anyway, that's all a bit too late now by the sounds of it, so you may as well try and recover the situation with 1 of the girls.

i would assume that his flirty friend, clearly fancies him and she knows he has a gf, so she does want him to break up with the gf and start a relationshp with her. But she obviously can't say that to him, because she will sound and look like a bitch. So by not talking to him, she is letting him know she isn't happy being just a friend, in a way she is trying to get his attention. She also probably finds it hurts to talk to him knowing that he has a gf who he is supposed to care about more than her. So she is distancing herself from him to not feel hurt and try and forget her feelings. She also probably feels bad herself, for liking the guy, no nice girl would want to split a couple up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending