The Student Room Group

How to get a body like these guys ?

This is a picture of the employees/models outside of the newly opening Gilly Hicks in London.

gilly hicks model.jpg

To me, these are killer bodies to have. They look so fit and healthy, they have nice chest, arms, shoulders, aswell as a great set of abs. And the girls LOVE this type of look too, because they're not tooo muscular, and can pretty much wear any kind of clothing well.

How do they do it ? Is there a certain kind of routine to have this sort of body ? Certain dietary requirements ? Or are those sort of bodies just down to genetics, or perhaps even steroids ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
they are on a normal bodybuilding routine, it takes about 2 years to get a body like that (from being average/normal, not fat)
Are you gay?
Theres nothing wrong in admiring them but i am just curious.

To your question. They probably use protein shakes and in some cases steroids. They must exercise a lot.
I personally don't think they will let people on steroids advertise them but that just me.
Reply 3
Original post by BonjournoDeano
Are you gay?

What made you think I'm gay?
That picture depresses me :lol:
Those guys? Steroids? Hahaha. All it takes to get those kind of bodies is a decent bodybuilding program a decent diet and a few years (if your going from skinny to that). Will take less if you've got the genes.
Original post by Like a BAWS
This is a picture of the employees/models outside of the newly opening Gilly Hicks in London.

gilly hicks model.jpg

To me, these are killer bodies to have. They look so fit and healthy, they have nice chest, arms, shoulders, aswell as a great set of abs. And the girls LOVE this type of look too, because they're not tooo muscular, and can pretty much wear any kind of clothing well.

How do they do it ? Is there a certain kind of routine to have this sort of body ? Certain dietary requirements ? Or are those sort of bodies just down to genetics, or perhaps even steroids ?

Original post by BonjournoDeano
Are you gay?

To your question. They probably use protein shakes and in some cases steroids. They must exercise a lot.
I personally don't think they will let people on steroids advertise them but that just me.

Being as he said "And the girls LOVE this type of look too" I can't imagine he was gay.
Tough exterior yet weak interior. If they actually spent that time doing community service, they would have their communities respect.
They also look exactly the same. With crappy fake tans. How boring. What a bunch of sheep.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
what a bunch of gimps.
Reply 9
OP, despite the charmingly optimistic replies so far, this kind of body is completely out of reach for most men. They will have basically always looked like that, maybe a bit smaller.

Even if we pretend then anyone "could" look like that with [super simple training] and [short time span], obviously the fact is that most people do not achieve it. Even if we can keep a straight face when claiming they were obv just lazy and didn't try hard enough, chances are the same will apply to you.

Post pics of your current physique, and your age, and I can advise further about your potential.
Reply 10
I think to get a body like that it's a mixture of genes, workout routine, diet and skincare routine.
If you really want a body like that I'd suggest you;

Workout daily, cardio and body building. 2-3hours worth a day.
Balanced, healthy diet.
Shop around/research good moisturizers etc
Reply 11
Eat well, lift heavy during a bulk then eat well, lift heavy, cut down carbs and do some cardio during the cut. Quite simple, just a long, committed process.
Reply 12
It's one of those if it were easy then we'd all look like that. I wouldn't be surprised if some use steriods but some might not.

How you achieve it depends on where you are at now, so like has been said you'd need to post a pic to get advise or at least give a realistic description of your body.

In general you start by reading- learn about nutrition, otherwise you are wasting your time. Then add mass, unless you are fat then loose that first with loads of cardio. Add mass at first on a strength program like strong lifts or starting strength. Then move to a body building routine. Find a respected one, don't make one up yourself. Once you get somewhat squishy you cut- loose the fat you gain from adding mass. You then go back to adding mass while doing the BB routine and repeat until achieved which may or may not be never
Be dedicated and focused, with reasonable genetics and will be able to become better than them.
yummmmmmmmmm
oh my.... *droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool*
Reply 16
Lol at the girls in this thread haha!
Original post by Like a BAWS
What made you think I'm gay?

Raised a thread on a bunch of fit guy models admiring their looks and probably wanting to be like them. That's the impression i got
Reply 18
An unimpressive array of 'buff' White guys with skinny legs and spray-tanned abs. Why would you want to be like any of them?

They are the male equivalent of those skinny, bleached-blond, caked on make-up, fake tanned and shapeless crackwhores who are idolised by the media for their 'beauty'.

Get a life -- or better, find your own swag instead of being a sheep.
Hottie town? directions ........PLEASE? There so many ..maybe one of them will want to go out with me.:date:

negged by guys who are JELLY!
Girls... don't judge book by its cover... they could be smart!
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest