The Student Room Group

Introversion =/= Forever Alone/Social Anxiety/Shy/Dislike People

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh thank you! Just thought I was going insane..seriously.
There's this one thing I personally dont like it about being an introvert, is that when I feel the need to talk with someone about whatever is going on with me or is upsetting me, I REGRET EVERYTHING I've said because I feel like I opened up too much and now they know lot of things about me.. thats why I usually oblige myself to just keep silent and not talk about anything at all rather than to spill it out and regret it later.. (even the usual stuff) lol too complicated, and its tiring.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire
Reply 21
:adore: OP
Reply 22
Original post by Ray.benj
Oh thank you! Just thought I was going insane..seriously.
There's this one thing I personally dont like it about being an introvert, is that when I feel the need to talk with someone about whatever is going on with me or is upsetting me, I REGRET EVERYTHING I've said because I feel like I opened up too much and now they know lot of things about me.. thats why I usually oblige myself to just keep silent and not talk about anything at all rather than to spill it out and regret it later.. (even the usual stuff) lol too complicated, and its tiring.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire

SO TRUE!
Reply 23
Original post by Dark Horse
Myth #1 Introverts don’t like to talk.
This is not true. Introverts just don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.

Myth #2 Introverts are shy.
Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to interact. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite.

Myth #3 Introverts are rude.
Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.

Myth #4 Introverts don’t like people.
On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.

Myth #5 Introverts don’t like to go out in public.
Nonsense. Introverts just don’t like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for Introverts.

Myth #6 Introverts always want to be alone.
Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.

Myth #7 Introverts are weird.
Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.

Myth #8 Introverts are aloof nerds.
Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying attention to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.

Myth #9 Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to the neurotransmitter called Dopamine. Introverts and Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just look it up.

Myth #10 Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study (Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ.

Epiphany was had when I read this.

wow that is the first time i have ever heard that word "introvert" before, and it sums me up perfectly. almost scary actually!!!! that description is me!!

i am one !!!
Reply 24
Sounds a lot like me
Blatant positive rep fishing.

You didn't write this, its been posted on this forum before.

My reply will be the same;

Said with all the bias of the original author being an introvert.
Reply 26
Original post by Alpharius
Blatant positive rep fishing.

You didn't write this, its been posted on this forum before.

My reply will be the same;

Said with all the bias of the original author being an introvert.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Thats some mighty fine LSD your on.
Reply 28
Thats some mighty fine LSD your on.

The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.
The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

OK, I get it. Crack cokane, right?
Reply 30

Please stop with the peer pressure my friend. Keep your destructive habits to yourself.
Please stop with the peer pressure my friend. Keep your destructive habits to yourself.

You definitely copy and pasted the original post, your replies confirm that. You write nothing like the original post.

Not that your replies made any sence.
Reply 32
You definitely copy and pasted the original post, your replies confirm that. You write nothing like the original post.

Not that your replies made any sence.

Unless you're the original author of the text then I don't see why you're crying about it.

Dark Horse, you posted this EXACT same bullcrap to me yesterday on a different thread. I don't know where you get your material from, but they're definitely not your words.

Get a life man :rolleyes:
Unless you're the original author of the text then I don't see why you're crying about it.

I'm not, but if your going into university, I would advise against plaigerism.

And heroin.

Original post by sophisticated
Dark Horse, you posted this EXACT same bullcrap to me yesterday on a different thread. I don't know where you get your material from, but they're definitely not your words.

Not at all surprised.
Reply 35

Three times is a charm, brah.
Reply 36
I'm not, but if your going into university, I would advise against plaigerism.

And heroin.

Not at all surprised.

I appreciate the advice my friend.

Please stay safe.

Three times is a charm, brah.

Such flattery will get you nowhere my friend :smile:

See, I'm not the only person who can copy and paste crap that I can find on the Internet. In case you've forgotten you said it, that line came from your gob. More than once.
Reply 38
Such flattery will get you nowhere my friend :smile:

See, I'm not the only person who can copy and paste crap that I can find on the Internet. In case you've forgotten you said it, that line came from your gob. More than once.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

And such flattery will get you nowhere my friend. :smile:
Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

And such flattery will get you nowhere my friend. :smile:

Hahahahaha :rofl:

Such a shame that you can't even construct a decent response yourself, so resort to parrotting the same rubbish all the time...that you've taken from someone else.

Run along now and find a 2nd brain cell to rub against your single one. It's getting a bit lonely up there on its own.

P.S. u mad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending