The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chickenonsteroids

Spoiler

Yes... I think you mean:

Spoiler

Original post by Etoile
Italian was surprisingly fun, I really got into the flow of it :ahee:
You get study leave?! I am so jelly! I have three on the 16th :nothing: What about you?

:awesome:
You don't?! Oh my god, poor you! :console:
Wow, that's so harsh! :console:
Only Core 1 next week.
Reply 1002
Original post by --emma--
:awesome:
You don't?! Oh my god, poor you! :console:
Wow, that's so harsh! :console:
Only Core 1 next week.

Sadly it went too quickly :tongue: God, I'm such a nerd... XD
How long to you get it for?
:hugs: At least then three of my 7 are out of the way in one day I suppose :L
Core 1 as in maths? Don't you have Core 2 as well?

Original post by wcp100
La Boheme, in Wales with the Welsh national opera.

Awesome :awesome:
Original post by Etoile

You get study leave?! I am so jelly! I have three on the 16th :nothing: What about you?

You don't get study leave? :eek:
Original post by --emma--
:biggrin:

Yep! :woo:

Well done! :party:

How've you been?

Thanks!

I have been good thank you - study leave has started today for me:colone: Just finished my second past paper of the day. :colone:

I tried explaining the hunger games to my mum today, and she started crying with Prim's name got taken out of the reaping. :lolwut:
I've been so sleepy this week... I've spent more time asleep than I have doing work. :sigh:

I wonder why... :holmes:
Original post by Maths_Lover
I've been so sleepy this week... I've spent more time asleep than I have doing work. :sigh:

I wonder why... :holmes:

Too much sleep can be bad for you. Too little sleep can also be bad for you. Sleep is a complicated process, I won't bore anyone by explaining it.

There is a certain allotted amount of time you should be asleep. Generally, I'd say around 9 hours sleep is recommended. It's also important to wake up to natural light.You can tell I have 2 doctors for parents... Ugh, I even sound vaguely like them now

Note "bad" can be synonymous with tired/ little energy/ mild depression/ anxiety/ etc. (Things that you don't want to be)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1007
Original post by berryripple
You don't get study leave? :eek:

No :emo:
But I go to college rather than school, so there would be no one in if we had study leave :tongue:
On the plus side, once our exams for a subject are over, we don't have to go to the lessons any more. When did/does yours start?
Original post by Etoile
No :emo:
But I go to college rather than school, so there would be no one in if we had study leave :tongue:
On the plus side, once our exams for a subject are over, we don't have to go to the lessons any more. When did/does yours start?

fair enough :smile: today's my last day, so I don't really get that much time.
Reply 1009

My first day of study leave is the first day of the exams.
Original post by Llewellyn
Too much sleep can be bad for you. Too little sleep can also be bad for you. Sleep is a complicated process, I won't bore anyone by explaining it.

There is a certain allotted amount of time you should be asleep. Generally, I'd say around 9 hours sleep is recommended. It's also important to wake up to natural light.You can tell I have 2 doctors for parents... Ugh, I even sound vaguely like them now

Note "bad" can be synonymous with tired/ little energy/ mild depression/ anxiety/ etc. (Things that you don't want to be)

Yep... thanks for the concern. I just couldn't stay awake at all and just went to bed whenever I got home from school. :s-smilie:

I have 2 doctors for parents too. :rolleyes:

I hope it lifts soon because it's really annoying...

yeah my first's on Tuesday :smile:
M1 exam on Wednesday. :eek:
Original post by NutterFrutter
M1 exam on Wednesday. :eek:

same! :biggrin: can't wait
yeah my first's on Tuesday :smile:

haha quoting yourself?
So how nervous is everybody for their exams? And is it just me or has this year just flown past? I cannot believe we are almost in Year 13...
Reply 1016

Are your exams spread out? Better than nothing I suppose :tongue:

Original post by wcp100
My first day of study leave is the first day of the exams.

How pointless :lol:
I have a German essay due the first day of my exams, when I have three exams totalling 5 hours... fortunately that means I will miss the lesson :lol:

Original post by Karma is a bitch
So how nervous is everybody for their exams? And is it just me or has this year just flown past? I cannot believe we are almost in Year 13...

I know right! :eek:
:moon:.

I played this earlier, and stopped halfway through. Not sure why. I have 2 exams next week and 3 the week after, I feel oddly calm about it all. Not because I've done adequate work, but because these exams don't seem to hold any real significance any more. That's just the way I feel and I do feel very resigned about it all.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Llewellyn
:moon:.

I played this earlier, and stopped halfway through. Not sure why. I have 2 exams next week and 3 the week after, I feel oddly calm about it all. Not because I've done adequate work, but because these exams don't seem to hold any real significance any more. That's just the way I feel and I do feel very resigned about it all.

Ah... I love that piece. I listen to it when I have trouble sleeping - it usually does the trick. :moon:

I feel oddly calm about it... probably due to the fact that strangely enough, nothing properly excites me anymore and hasn't done in a while. It is an odd feeling, no? :hmmmm2:
Today, while returning from my piano lesson, I saw a primary rainbow along with its secondary rainbow and it cheered me up to no end. I took pictures (from the car), of course. :ahee:

If you look really closely, you can see the secondary rainbow to the right of the primary rainbow - it was much more vivid in life:

Now that I have seen one in real life, my life = complete. :love:

/goofyness (goofiness?)
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest