The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Etoile
I got 47% in my Core 2 mock though :smug: Although in my defence I'd just come from a mock German oral and wasn't thinking in English yet :lol:
I am just good at languages, and since that's three of my subjects, it makes me look smarter than I probably am :tongue:

Share some of your talent pls
Reply 8981
Original post by Rainingshame
Maths, biology, geography, Further Maths and Chemistry. I want to do Chemical Engineering via Nat sciences. In core 3 i'm averaging around 90-95% in past papers but i got full marks in the last one we did. In chemistry i got 85% in january and i'm averaging around 85-90% in the past papers. I'm averaging around 80-85% in Biology and got that in June. I got 70 in FM in jan(grade boundaries were harsh!) but in the papers i'm, averaging 85-90% in one and i haven't started papers for the other :P ( i got month to solely focus on it).
Geography i got a mid B in Jan and should get 80-85% in june if i'm lucky.
Hopefully i can get AAAAA + A* in C3 :biggrin: more likely though i'll get AAAAB + A* in C3 :smile:

Oh awesome :smile: Don't they look for 90% in the three most relevant subjects for sciences though?

Original post by chickenonsteroids
Share some of your talent pls

In maths? If I did I would barely be able to count :tongue: As it was, most of my mistakes were arithmetic-based :grumble:
Original post by Etoile

In maths? If I did I would barely be able to count :tongue: As it was, most of my mistakes were arithmetic-based :grumble:

You've taken all the intellectual language potion... I need some :sadnod:

I'm doubting my ability to apply now
Reply 8983
You've taken all the intellectual language potion... I need some :sadnod:

I'm doubting my ability to apply now

Übung macht den Meister :tongue: (everyone else: practice makes perfect)
Don't! Your grades are amazing chicken, and you've got nothing to lose by applying, it's only one space on the form!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Etoile
Übung macht den Meister :tongue:
Don't! Your grades are amazing chicken, and you've got nothing to lose by applying, it's only one space on the form!

We're doing the environment now and it's so much effort :yawn: I'll see how much I can learn on it this weekend.

Eh, I dunno. Some people have so really crazy grades here
Reply 8985
We're doing the environment now and it's so much effort :yawn: I'll see how much I can learn on it this weekend.

We don't do that til next year :moon: We're doing family relationships :nothing: You're so lucky you don't have exams!
Ignore them, they're not applying for the same thing as you and there are other factors as well as grades too!
Reply 8986
Original post by Etoile
Übung macht den Meister :tongue:

I'm obliged to demand a translation in English :poke:

Etoile is right. You have absolutely nothing to lose in giving it a shot. That is the most sensible thing to do. Just make sure you have one or two backups on the UCAS list.
Original post by Craghyrax

Practice makes perfect :tongue:

Etoile is right. You have absolutely nothing to lose in giving it a shot. That is the most sensible thing to do. Just make sure you have one or two backups on the UCAS list.

Ok, I think I'll try. I've been stuck between courses however. I'm not sure what type of IB score I'd need :dontknow:
Reply 8988
Practice makes perfect :tongue:

No, I mean its against the site rules to write in foreign languages without providing an English counterpart. Its just a courtesy to other forum members :smile:

No, I mean its against the site rules to write in foreign languages without providing an English counterpart. Its just a courtesy to other forum members :smile:

I know :cute:

:eek4: I noticed you did pps :eek4: do you mind if I PM you about some reading stuff? It's just something I'm considering though I'm leaning more towards philosophy on its own.
Reply 8990

:eek4: I noticed you did pps :eek4: do you mind if I PM you about some reading stuff? It's just something I'm considering though I'm leaning more towards philosophy on its own.

Sure :smile:
Scottish Qualifications -
4th year - seven 1's and a 2 (standard grade)
5th year - 5 A's (highers)
6th year - 3 Adv higher A's / 2 AH and 1 higher all A's

Would this get in?
Reply 8992

Sorry :colondollar: Edited in :smile:
What kind of offer level would you suggest for backups?
Original post by SneakyDoug
Scottish Qualifications -
4th year - seven 1's and a 2 (standard grade)
5th year - 5 A's (highers)
6th year - 3 Adv higher A's / 2 AH and 1 higher all A's

Would this get in?

It sounds good enough to get an interview. The equivalent GCSEs and A levels would be impressive. Are the number of higher/ advanced highers you are doing typical for a Scottish student? If so, I think that is completely fine.
Reply 8994
Original post by Etoile
Sorry :colondollar: Edited in :smile:
What kind of offer level would you suggest for backups?

Your guess is as good as mine! Perhaps one place with BBB/ABB? It all depends on your priorities. If you're really set on going to University straight after A levels, then it is worth putting a very safe choice into that list. Whereas if you're alright with reapplying and taking a year to resit some papers in order to get into better places, then it doesn't matter so much.
Original post by Etoile
Oh awesome :smile: Don't they look for 90% in the three most relevant subjects for sciences though?

I hope so, and i'm sure you'll be fine with languages with what you're getting currently! :L Now to get 90+ UMS in Biology, Chemistry and Maths......
Reply 8996
Your guess is as good as mine! Perhaps one place with BBB/ABB? It all depends on your priorities. If you're really set on going to University straight after A levels, then it is worth putting a very safe choice into that list. Whereas if you're alright with reapplying and taking a year to resit some papers in order to get into better places, then it doesn't matter so much.

Thank you :smile: Yeah, I'd prefer to go straight to university because my course is four years as it is. Most places seem to offer around AAB-ABB so that should be okay I hope!

Original post by Rainingshame
I hope so, and i'm sure you'll be fine with languages with what you're getting currently! :L Now to get 90+ UMS in Biology, Chemistry and Maths......

I just hope I can get in the real exam what I do in past papers! Good luck :tongue:
Haha I will take the fact people thought I was trolling as confirmation that my marks are decent. Don't worry there is no one else in my country with as many a-levels and the Marks, you guys in Britain are safe :smile: do you recommend sociOlogy, psychology or history for my 12th A-level?
Reply 8998
Original post by ALittleWayAway
Haha I will take the fact people thought I was trolling as confirmation that my marks are decent. Don't worry there is no one else in my country with as many a-levels and the Marks, you guys in Britain are safe :smile: do you recommend sociOlogy, psychology or history for my 12th A-level?

History as imo that'll stretch you more than the other two.
Original post by ALittleWayAway
Haha I will take the fact people thought I was trolling as confirmation that my marks are decent.

Did you really need confirmation?

Latest

Trending

Trending