The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

I feel so alone right now. It's not even justified. I know I have friends who care about me.

It's just that, typically, the one person I want here with me right now is a lot harder to figure out and, regardless of whether he does or doesn't, he can't be here and he's not replied to my last message. Shouldn't let that effect my mood so much. It's not productive or anything and it's pointless.
Reply 821
Original post by Anonymous
I feel so alone right now. It's not even justified. I know I have friends who care about me.

It's just that, typically, the one person I want here with me right now is a lot harder to figure out and, regardless of whether he does or doesn't, he can't be here and he's not replied to my last message. Shouldn't let that effect my mood so much. It's not productive or anything and it's pointless.

:hugs:
Reply 822
I did it again :cry: . Ate chocolate and have been feeling ill for ages :cry: :cry:
Original post by Anonymous

You may or may not know me, but know that I'm always here if you need. Sometimes you find the right person or thing in an unlikely source :hugs:
Reply 824

Cya.
Finished my 6.5 hour trip, all to do 15 minutes of work to my car and then drive it home.

The entire way back felt like ages, despite how far home I was, and just felt pointless, but yeah ><
Original post by rmhumphries
Finished my 6.5 hour trip, all to do 15 minutes of work to my car and then drive it home.

The entire way back felt like ages, despite how far home I was, and just felt pointless, but yeah ><

Original post by superwolf

No more squeaky wipers though :smile:

In other news, I hope that my neighbours think History of Soviet Union to Tetris Music is good predrinking music as I am playing it for them :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)

No more squeaky wipers though :smile:

In other news, I hope that my neighbours think History of Soviet Union to Tetris Music is good predrinking music as I am playing it for them :tongue:

Squeak squeak!

You heard from ParadoxSocks lately? She never replied to my PM, and I haven't seen her around in a while.
Original post by superwolf
Squeak squeak!

You heard from ParadoxSocks lately? She never replied to my PM, and I haven't seen her around in a while.

Was online yesterday on TSR apparently.
*dangles sock*

ParadoxSocks
xyz

Come out come out wherever you are...
So, what to do now *twiddles thumbs*
Reply 832
Hi everyone.

New depressive here, been on the Citalopram for 7 days now and today was the worst day yet.

My mum came up today (been putting off seeing her for ages but I needed a dress for the ball tomorrow so she insisted she had to take me shopping) and it was horrific. I am so irritable (or more than normal) with her at the moment, she just grates on me. I managed to make it round about 4 shops before I insisted we went back and then I was meant to go and meet a guy for lunch but I just couldn't face it so I made her drop me back at my flat and leave and I have been in my room hiding away since early afternoon. Not eaten and have been smoking way too much.

I have been told by my GP that it is not best for me to be taking my exams at the moment because I can't revise so I have been put on the happy pills and she has written a letter to the law school (which I need to go pick up but just can't seem to find the effort) so at least I don't have revision hanging over me now, although all my friends are revising and I now have nothing to fill my days with because before this got worse I was studying almost 24/7.

Got my sailing ball tomorrow and because I am on the committee next year I have to outdrink the person I am replacing so I am hoping tomorrow is a better day or I will just end up drinking crazy amounts and probably self-harming again in a drunken depressive state.

Sorry for the rambling, just needed to release some of this because it is brimming over at the moment and it is too late to go disturb my friends.

Hope everyone is good today xxx
Well this is fun, flicking between angry, sad, and amused every 5 minutes ><
Reply 834
Well this is fun, flicking between angry, sad, and amused every 5 minutes ><

At least you have variety, I am currently stuck on a mix of angry/sad, feel a bit like a broken record...
Original post by AmiB
At least you have variety, I am currently stuck on a mix of angry/sad, feel a bit like a broken record...

:hugs: Have you got anything good to look forward to for the weekend?
Reply 836
:hugs: Have you got anything good to look forward to for the weekend?

Got the sailing team ball tomorrow but all my friends telling me I shouldn't be drinking or at least not that much (I have a habit recently of drinking way too much and not making out out/being rather self-destructive) especially since I have only been on the happy pills 1 week and the worst is just starting. However it is tradition to out-drink the person you are replacing on the committee and I have a rather large guy who drinks a lot of ale... so we shall see how that goes. At the moment my plan is to drink until I don't care any more.
Original post by AmiB
Got the sailing team ball tomorrow but all my friends telling me I shouldn't be drinking or at least not that much (I have a habit recently of drinking way too much and not making out out/being rather self-destructive) especially since I have only been on the happy pills 1 week and the worst is just starting. However it is tradition to out-drink the person you are replacing on the committee and I have a rather large guy who drinks a lot of ale... so we shall see how that goes. At the moment my plan is to drink until I don't care any more.

Pro-tip for out-drinking someone: Set the rules so you each choose a drink, you try and choose a drink that they don't drink much, as even if you don't drink it normally they won't either, and so you have a better chance at getting them drunk. See, I have learned something at uni :tongue:

Although I can't say I don't do it, be careful about drinking to forget - it isn't a good path to start down.
Reply 838
Pro-tip for out-drinking someone: Set the rules so you each choose a drink, you try and choose a drink that they don't drink much, as even if you don't drink it normally they won't either, and so you have a better chance at getting them drunk. See, I have learned something at uni :tongue:

Although I can't say I don't do it, be careful about drinking to forget - it isn't a good path to start down.

I would follow that plan except it is up to the person I am replacing to choose the drinks and I have to match him until he (or I) can go no longer. I know drinking to forget it a bad road and I hate to be a burden on my friends when I get that drunk because they are so good to me, don't know what I would do without them but at the moment it seems like a favoured option, having a night off this constant lowness and having a 'good' time for once.
Original post by AmiB
I would follow that plan except it is up to the person I am replacing to choose the drinks and I have to match him until he (or I) can go no longer. I know drinking to forget it a bad road and I hate to be a burden on my friends when I get that drunk because they are so good to me, don't know what I would do without them but at the moment it seems like a favoured option, having a night off this constant lowness and having a 'good' time for once.

Hmm, challenger should always be able to choose the drinks, a true good drinker would still win! I would have thought Sheffield uni would have things being fairer :tongue:

To be fair, in this case, you have a semi-valid excuse, but if nothing else, try and make sure you know how you are getting home and so on, so you are not an unexpected burden as such - then you won't annoy anyone at all :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest