The Student Room Group

Ucas extra help asap

Hi could someone answer my question

on result day will you get offer from uni via extra/clearance if you don't meet requirements

Thanks
Reply 1
You'll go in to clearing.:smile:
Original post by Beebumble
You'll go in to clearing.:smile:

what is that. Sorry i dont know what that is
Original post by LittleMizzSunshine

If you don't meet either of your offers, you have a chance to ring round and try to get a place at a uni who have spaces left.
A newspaper will publish all the spaces for all the courses on results day, I think it's the Independent.
So you look through and see if there's anything you fancy and then you phone the uni and see if they will take you.
You can only proceed with one uni at a time, so if for instance, Cardiff and Edinburgh both offer you places you have to choose one.
Reply 4

If you miss your offer you're given a clearing number. They'll be a list released which shows all the universities and courses with available places. You find the course you like ring the uni up give them your clearing number and then they'll decide whether to give you an offer (they'll probably chat with you first) once they tell you they'll give you an offer I think you then have to put in the course in through ucas wait until they confirm and then you have a place.
Original post by Popppppy
If you don't meet either of your offers, you have a chance to ring round and try to get a place at a uni who have spaces left.
A newspaper will publish all the spaces for all the courses on results day, I think it's the Independent.
So you look through and see if there's anything you fancy and then you phone the uni and see if they will take you.
You can only proceed with one uni at a time, so if for instance, Cardiff and Edinburgh both offer you places you have to choose one.

Thank you, much appreciated :smile:
If you miss your offer you're given a clearing number. They'll be a list released which shows all the universities and courses with available places. You find the course you like ring the uni up give them your clearing number and then they'll decide whether to give you an offer (they'll probably chat with you first) once they tell you they'll give you an offer I think you then have to put in the course in through ucas wait until they confirm and then you have a place.

Thank you, I understand clearing much better now :smile:

one last thing (sorry) if i don't apply to any course via extra do I sill get a clearing number
Reply 8
one last thing (sorry) if i don't apply to any course via extra do I sill get a clearing number

Yes. Clearing is open to any ucas applicants who don't hold an offer. UCAS says clearing opens June 30th so I'll assume that's when you'll get a clearing number.

The full list of universities with places won't be available until A level results day but it won't hurt to ring up and ask places your interested in before then as long you have your clearing number.
Yes. Clearing is open to any ucas applicants who don't hold an offer. UCAS says clearing opens June 30th so I'll assume that's when you'll get a clearing number.

The full list of universities with places won't be available until A level results day but it won't hurt to ring up and ask places your interested in before then as long you have your clearing number.

Quick Reply

Latest