The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants for 2012 entry (& Offers - for when they're given!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
Original post by Meodien
Yeah I got an unconditional offer a week ago after sending an email asking about progress on my application. 3 days later UCAS Track was updated. :smile:

guess what? I just told them that I have received only the acknowledgement letter, then they just put me into unsuccessful applications... :mad:
Original post by clareyyyyyyy
aaaaaaaa just firmed sheffield! Crazy excited now! Any other sheffield firmers? :smile: xxxx

i have :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 1962
Original post by OK Computer
Not yet.. it's the one university where I didn't check the accommodation out during my interview day since I had my eye on a few other of my choices and only recently I had a change of heart towards Brookes :rolleyes: Am I right in thinking we get a letter/form about accommodation once we've replied to their offer? please tell me if I'm wrong, cos if I am, I better get cracking :eek:

Also, it's all down to personal preference I know but any suggestions on what you think is the best accommodation there, whether it be self-catered or catered? (Headington campus)

Yeah, as far as I know they'll send us letter about accommodation when we've replied to them. There will be student code or sth. Anyway,you should check this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37394380&highlight=

I'm an international student so I can't check the accommodation, mainly reading information on website. And surely I'll pick self-catered hall. I'm not familiar with British food (I'll try them in first few weeks tho) so I want to cook mine and try other's also. :biggrin: :biggrin: Kitchen facilities as seen are pretty good, there are table and chairs to gather around if you want to. I don't want to spend most of the time in my room and not seeing any of my flatmates. It'll be deadly boring.:rolleyes:

Are we going to be categorized into campus location in order to choose hall? Like if I study in Headington campus then I have to choose one of halls in Headington or I can choose other halls in other campuses?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1963
Original post by winniey
guess what? I just told them that I have received only the acknowledgement letter, then they just put me into unsuccessful applications... :mad:

Sorry to hear that. I think they had already decided, they just hadn't updated it on UCAS. So when you asked, they'd let you know. As far as I know you still have offers from other unis so wish you good luck. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Meodien
Yeah, as far as I know they'll send us letter about accommodation when we've replied to them. There will be student code or sth. Anyway,you should check this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37394380&highlight=

I'm an international student so I can't check the accommodation, mainly reading information on website. And surely I'll pick self-catered hall. I'm not familiar with British food (I'll try them in first few weeks tho) so I want to cook mine and try other's also. :biggrin: :biggrin: Kitchen facilities as seen are pretty good, there are table and chairs to gather around if you want to. I don't want to spend most of the time in my room and not seeing any of my flatmates. It'll be deadly boring.:rolleyes:

Are we going to be categorized into campus location in order to choose hall? Like if I study in Headington campus then I have to choose one of halls in Headington or I can choose other halls in other campuses?

Oh cool, you're an international student :biggrin:

Hmmm, I can't say I'm sure, but it would sound right to be situated in a hall which is specifically located within a close proximity of our campus right? Especially for architecture, I don't want to be lugging around materials from a further distance than I need :tongue:
Reply 1965
Original post by OK Computer
Oh cool, you're an international student :biggrin:

Hmmm, I can't say I'm sure, but it would sound right to be situated in a hall which is specifically located within a close proximity of our campus right? Especially for architecture, I don't want to be lugging around materials from a further distance than I need :tongue:

I think it's quite easy to notice that I'm not originally from any countries speaking English. :wink: I used words in a weird way. LOL
I'm from Asia and I have studied architecture for 3 years already. :biggrin: But I wasn't satisfied with what lecturers taught me so I decided to take risk coming to England for better education. :biggrin:
Anyone studying ARCHITECTURE at PLYMOUTH this September??? :biggrin: add me .. http://www.facebook.com/nickwmoores
Reply 1967
Original post by Meodien
Sorry to hear that. I think they had already decided, they just hadn't updated it on UCAS. So when you asked, they'd let you know. As far as I know you still have offers from other unis so wish you good luck. :smile:

:biggrin: actually I didn't plan to choose OB as firm/insurance, I just feel kinda disappointed to be rejected before the portfolio submission... would at least want to try something before getting a rejection! :rolleyes:
Reply 1968
Original post by winniey
:biggrin: actually I didn't plan to choose OB as firm/insurance, I just feel kinda disappointed to be rejected before the portfolio submission... would at least want to try something before getting a rejection! :rolleyes:

Yeah, at least OB still replied to you. I sent several emails to Westminster Uni asking for result and today is the deadline, but I haven't heard any thing from them. I sent my application way before Jan 15th. If tmr I still don't get response from them, my choice would automatically turn into "unsuccessful" by default. Such a waste of time.:mad:

Btw, did OB tell you the reason?
Reply 1969
Hi !

I hold an offer from Bartlett but i will not meet all conditions ;/ I am international student and i would like to know if I still have a chance to study there ? I mean do thay take a-levels very strict or it is more about the interview ? thanks
Original post by osiolek
Hi !

I hold an offer from Bartlett but i will not meet all conditions ;/ I am international student and i would like to know if I still have a chance to study there ? I mean do thay take a-levels very strict or it is more about the interview ? thanks

What are your conditions and what qualifications are you studying?
Reply 1971
Original post by osiolek
Hi !

Sorry just made a duplicate post, pls see below
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1972
Original post by osiolek
Hi !

Isn't the standard offer quite low already in comparison to other major arch schools? Like for a-levels it's ABB. Considering this I really doubt that they would be lenient when it comes to grades...and surely you know how competitive the Bartlett is.
Reply 1973
Are u study at the bartlett or have an offer ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1974
Original post by Meodien
Yeah, at least OB still replied to you. I sent several emails to Westminster Uni asking for result and today is the deadline, but I haven't heard any thing from them. I sent my application way before Jan 15th. If tmr I still don't get response from them, my choice would automatically turn into "unsuccessful" by default. Such a waste of time.:mad:

Btw, did OB tell you the reason?

nahh nothing other than the acknowledgment letter,
I guess if I didn't send them a letter asking for a reply,
it's basically the same situation as your case in Westminster.

The international admission officer just told me well, architecture is a competitive course. :s-smilie:

I thought you are an international applicant which not receiving all offers before the official deadline allows you to have a later reply. better check that on ucas website for confirmation!

PS. Sorry that I was sort of stalking you, but why do you apply for first year course instead of a master degree after studying 3 years of Architecture in your place?
Reply 1975
Original post by osiolek
Are u study at the bartlett or have an offer ?

I totally agree with Meh_ , the ABB offer is sort of like "you're 90% in" already after the very keen competition out there, but even if you obtain lower grades than your offer, you may still have a chance. don't worry tooooooo much. :smile:
Reply 1976
Original post by winniey
I totally agree with Meh_ , the ABB offer is sort of like "you're 90% in" already after the very keen competition out there, but even if you obtain lower grades than your offer, you may still have a chance. don't worry tooooooo much. :smile:

The point is i am from poland and my offer is not as easy to meet as yours so i am a bit stressed out. Thank u anyway :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1977
Original post by osiolek
The point is i am from poland and my offer is not as easy to meet as yours so i am a bit stressed out. Thank u anyway :smile:

Ah I see, well best of luck then mate.Yes, I've got an offer from them as well, hopefully we'll see each other in September.
Reply 1978
Original post by winniey
nahh nothing other than the acknowledgment letter,
I guess if I didn't send them a letter asking for a reply,
it's basically the same situation as your case in Westminster.

The international admission officer just told me well, architecture is a competitive course. :s-smilie:

I thought you are an international applicant which not receiving all offers before the official deadline allows you to have a later reply. better check that on ucas website for confirmation!

PS. Sorry that I was sort of stalking you, but why do you apply for first year course instead of a master degree after studying 3 years of Architecture in your place?

Well, I won't be graduated until 2014 and actually I'm studying Interior Architecture. To be honest, maybe I'm the main cause here. I wasn't satisfied with what I was taught. Lecturers are not sure with what they know.
I studied interior and they had me design exterior and landscape for my whole 3rd year. :confused:

In my uni, each project I'll have a different mentor. As a student I made mistakes on my project all the time. They're responsible for pointing that out (but they never explain why) and helping me correct those. One time, I decided to keep their corrections, not added anything else into it in order to check if they're really sure of what they're teaching us. After having a look at my project, they just insulted me. :eek: Stuff like: "What's on your head? How could you make such a stupid mistake like this? How could you be accepted to this school?" and then I said: "Well, that is your correction. That is your hand drawing. I did nothing but keeping it." They kept silence and I got bad mark. :confused: Some of them didn't know what to adjust in my projects. I asked them: "Does it look good? Is there anything need to change?".
They just said my model or my design is well-done, nothing else needed and I still got bad marks.:confused::confused::confused:
It's just ridiculous.:rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Hai everyone. I just firmed Manchester and insured Nottingham, and I also received the offer from Sheffield, Liverpool and Brighton. But after reading the previous posts, it seems Sheffield is better university for Architecture, so it made me feel a bit insecure about my choice. However, my conditional offer for Manchester is AAB (ABB for Nottingham) and for Sheffield, the requirement is higher which is AAA. Just want to hear the opinion from others, am I making a right decision? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending