The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Do Warwick place a lot of emphasis on GCSE's?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by J10
I'm sure what college, but I'll definitely be applying for maths :smile:

What about you?

maths at queens'
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by tehforum
How many offers were made in total?

How many offers were made to those with less than 7A*'s?

Thank you.

The University asks us not to give out any statistics relating to the current admissions cycle until it has fully completed, so we can't release info relating to the 2012 admissions cycle until September.

In the case of information relating to last year, the "notes on admissions" document, linked to in the Q&A thread, contains some information.

We have asked the admissions office to help us generate more statistics relating to admissions conditional on prior qualifications, but actually getting this information is a very labour intensive process as the diversity of previous qualifications we see (bearing in mind the range of countries we see applications from) means the information is not recorded in a standardised fashion. We have asked for this to be worked on over the summer, but it is not feasible presently given the current workload on finishing the current cycle.

To that end, I have limited information based on purely the admissions strategy we discussed and implemented at the start of the year, and the number of applications I have directly been involved with, but not summary information relating to the total applications process.
Reply 22
Original post by Yash13
I have 5A*s 5As and 1B at GCSE. I am predicted A*A*A* at A Level and have achieved 1A* already. I applied to Warwick for Economics and my academic record for them was too weak. I achieved 80/80 in my Economics Unit 3 exam the day I received the rejection. I called up and they said that my GCSEs were lacking in comparison to other candidates. If you do well at A Level, I would suggest you look at the London universities as they have take more interest in A Level UMS. Good luck. To be discrete do not listen to representatives of the universities. They will not help you. Decide based on where you want to go and how likely it is you will get in. Be strategic about your UCAS. I would look into Mathematics and Economics at LSE. 500 applicants a year. I am just giving you advice I wish I had when applying.

Wow that is depressing to hear, do you do further maths maybe that was why you didn't get in? Also in your opinion do you believe your ps was strong?

Where did you get offers from btw?
Reply 23
Original post by amg_22
Wow that is depressing to hear, do you do further maths maybe that was why you didn't get in? Also in your opinion do you believe your ps was strong?

Where did you get offers from btw?

Perhaps it was but I am not going to take a subject for university admissions, I'll take it if I want to study it. A few on tsr from my cycle applied with same or better predictions but including further math but had the same or worse GCSEs. They were all rejected by Warwick. Consider UCL and LSE before you apply to Warwick. Yes it was good. Bath and Exeter in the UK, Internationally: McGill and Erasmus. I am going to McGill in Canada. Good luck.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Yash13
Perhaps it was but I am not going to take a subject for university admissions, I'll take it if I want to study it. A few on tsr from my cycle applied with same or better predictions but including further math but had the same or worse GCSEs. They were all rejected by Warwick. Consider UCL and LSE before you apply to Warwick. Yes it was good. Bath and Exeter in the UK, Internationally: McGill and Erasmus. I am going to McGill in Canada. Good luck.

You're going to Canada? :eek:
Reply 25
Original post by Tateco
You're going to Canada? :eek:

Haha yeah Tat. Bath is nice n'all but I think Montreal will be a great experience :cool:
Reply 26
I've got an offer with 3 A* and a B, I'm sure they'll offer lower, providing Jan AS is good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending