The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7560
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37524884']
*yawn* Sat on the train at B'ham New Street, just waiting to leave so that I can tuck into my dinner. So glad I only have to do this journey a maximum of twice more. I just want to be gone now, but won't get in until at least 11.

Jess - I sometimes wonder whether you and I have ever passed on train to and from New Street

Had a lovely day with the boy - he was very sympathetic about my hangover, ans spent the day feeding me tasty food and looking after me :love: although hangover meant that it was definitely a cuddly day rather than a sexy one. 12 days til I see him again, by which point I'll have finished my degree (*fingers crossed*) which is quite scary. Can't believe we've made it all the way through my time at uni, especially when I was so unsure about starting anything in the first place

It's a bit weird when you're on the train at New Street because you're literally 10 minutes from the boy's house, and you've more than likely heard the train being announced. :p: If you've ever seen a girl with a crutch, carrying far too much stuff and looking exhausted then that's me! :p:

I feel like this, too. We got together at the end of my first year, so we've still technically got through a "normal" degree together. :p: And not to mention the fact that I buggered off to Italy for a year!
Ughhhhhhhhh sinusitis, only just got over the flu, bad times :frown:

Oh yeah, for all the people who still call me "Lady", which is actually quite lovely by the way, I'm Chiara :hi: :smile: And my boyfriend's called Sven, so I'm actually going to start using his real name here because it's frankly so much easier.

Wish I could be cuddled in bed being fed nommy food like Flo :frown: Everything hurts :frown:
Original post by Stray_talk
What a nutter. You ask me, he still likes you...

On the topic of annoying people. Ben's got a friend he games with pretty much every day. (He knows him off here actually, me too.) When Ben and I first go together it was joked by him that "they, his gamer friends, had Ben first. I took it lightly and went along with the joke. What's really frustrating is that now every time I make a Facebook status about enjoying a day out with Ben or the like, this guy has to make a comment about "when do we get him back/can we have him back now? It started off as a joke but now it's beginning to piss me off because that's all he ever says to me. Added to which he probably gets more time with Ben than I do.

I think underneath it all he's not even joking any more. Akjsdkjasdasdjbka.

Yeh I'm not sure i'd be surprised if that was true... :nothing:

As for that guy, I think I saw him comment on your status earlier and remember thinking it was a bit of an odd thing to say! From what you've said, I think you'd not be entirely foolish for thinking it might not just be a joke! Sounds like one of those things thats meant seriously but you cant say anything cos if you do, they'll turn around and ask you why you can't take a joke!
Original post by such_a_lady
Ughhhhhhhhh sinusitis, only just got over the flu, bad times :frown:

Oh yeah, for all the people who still call me "Lady", which is actually quite lovely by the way, I'm Chiara :hi: :smile: And my boyfriend's called Sven, so I'm actually going to start using his real name here because it's frankly so much easier.

Wish I could be cuddled in bed being fed nommy food like Flo :frown: Everything hurts :frown:

Double post but I cba to edit :tongue:

Hi Chiara (beautiful name by the way :smile: ) I'm useless with names so if i forget, don't take offence, just poke me :tongue: :hugs: for the sinusitis :hugs:
Original post by Jellybean91
Double post but I cba to edit :tongue:

Hi Chiara (beautiful name by the way :smile: ) I'm useless with names so if i forget, don't take offence, just poke me :tongue: :hugs: for the sinusitis :hugs:

Thankyou :smile: :smile: and :hugs: to you too for your support earlier :smile: It really does help being here!
Yeh I'm not sure i'd be surprised if that was true... :nothing:

As for that guy, I think I saw him comment on your status earlier and remember thinking it was a bit of an odd thing to say! From what you've said, I think you'd not be entirely foolish for thinking it might not just be a joke! Sounds like one of those things thats meant seriously but you cant say anything cos if you do, they'll turn around and ask you why you can't take a joke!

Thanks Jelly. I'm probably overtired from a long drive back from Ben's.
It just annoys me that this guy has more of Ben's time than I do and he makes these stupid, stupid comments. Prick.

:colondollar: Language, pardon.

So hard leaving Ben this weekend. Definitely the toughest I've ever felt leaving him. Feeling quite hollow and downcast. Bah.
Everyone else had a good weekend?
Thankyou :smile: :smile: and :hugs: to you too for your support earlier :smile: It really does help being here!

Yehh its so great having people to talk to here :biggrin:

It just annoys me that this guy has more of Ben's time than I do and he makes these stupid, stupid comments. Prick.

So hard leaving Ben this weekend. Definitely the toughest I've ever felt leaving him. Feeling quite hollow and downcast. Bah.

Yeh I bet :hugs: no need for a pardon, he does sound like a prick :smile:

More :hugs: I hope you had a good weekend despite the crappy leavingness :smile:
I've just been sat here slowly melting, not daring to go outside :s-smilie:

:hugs: totally know how you feel, I've had some really issues with a couple of Benji's friends - once he left his phone at home, and got his friend to text me and let me know, and I got a message saying 'Benji left his phone at home. Also, he doesn't love you' 0_o same friend has said stuff like that a few times, I just try and ignore it...

Also, :hugs: for Chiara *sends nommy food*

Just over an hour left on the train...
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37527820']:hugs: totally know how you feel, I've had some really issues with a couple of Benji's friends - once he left his phone at home, and got his friend to text me and let me know, and I got a message saying 'Benji left his phone at home. Also, he doesn't love you' 0_o same friend has said stuff like that a few times, I just try and ignore it...

Also, :hugs: for Chiara *sends nommy food*

Just over an hour left on the train...

This is why I'm slightly glad Sven is (currently) like me and barely has any friends that he spends any considerable amount of time with. We're such hermits :getmecoat: It's surprising that we talk to each other so much, since we're both incredibly asocial. And hate people.

Thankyou Flo!! I purposely stopped buying chocolate to stop myself pigging out and now I regret it :frown:
Reply 7569
Evening all :hello:

How are we all?

I'm good, in LDR hangover mood although coffee with one of my best friends and ben and jerry fixed that. Had a lovely weekend with the boy even though we spent most of yesterday working, was nice to chill today and we went to the local butterfly house which was awesome :smile: and just wandered around. Was a very much needed weekend for both us, especially as we're both so stressed out. Got another 4 weeks until i see him but just got to focus on the fact that in 2 weeks, 3rd year will be over :smile: and I'll be home :smile:

Stray: :hugs::hugs: He does sound like an absolute arse tbh, try not to let it get to you. Glad you had a lovely weekend with Ben though.

Flo: Yay for the boy looking after you, sounds like a lovely weekend :smile:

Lady: I would get annoyed about that, i would definitely speak about it, it's so annoying when it feels like you're the only one instigating things. :hugs:

:hugs::hugs: for all.

Ooh Chiara is a lovely name! :smile:

:hugs: guys! Hope you've all had great weekends xx
Original post by miraclemile
Ooh Chiara is a lovely name! :smile:

:hugs: guys! Hope you've all had great weekends xx

Thankyou! I'm relatively new here so only know about two people's real names :tongue: If anyone fancies introducing themself/their situation that'd be great :biggrin:
Thankyou! I'm relatively new here so only know about two people's real names :tongue: If anyone fancies introducing themself/their situation that'd be great :biggrin:

Haha ok, i'll go first then :smile: I'm Lizzie, my boy is Nathan. We've been together 10 months and I met him on here. I'm studying at Hull, but currently on a year abroad in spain (but only for 12 more days :cry2:) the boy goes to uni in manc so at best were always a couple of hours apart at least (even when we're at home)

:hi:
I'm Flo (if you hadn't guessed :tongue:), and my boyfriend is Benji. I live in London, but go to uni in Durham (or at least, for the next month I do), while Benji lives in Northampton. So we're just over 5 hours apart while I'm at uni, and about an hour and a half when I'm at home. We met in the summer of 2009 at Reading Festival, about a month before I started uni.

BUT in October, I'm starting an MA at Leicester, meaning that during term time, I'll only be an hour away from the boy :biggrin: (with a bus that goes pretty much door-to-door). Plus, he actually works about 15 miles outside of Leicester, so I'll hopefully be seeing him a lot more frequently :smile:

------

Just drinking a mug of peppermint tea and writing my shopping list for tomorrow. I'm tired, but can never sleep properly the first night back on my own, so I figure I might as well stay up for a bit.

In other news, I really want this shirt
To be fair, I've never properly introduced myself on here. I'm always a bit wary of telling people my actual name, or giving too much info about myself/the boy just in case, but I'll just hope noone knows me :tongue:

I'm Shannon, I'm from just outside Manchester, and I'm a young'un - just finishing up my first year studying at Edinburgh :smile: Met the boy at school, he was my best friend, then we went out, broke up in September because we thought it was for the best with uni and all, lasted til late October and realised we were totally miserable and decided it was worth a try :tongue: We're about 4/5 hours while at uni, see each other once a month, but when we're home we're pretty close so that's fab. Oh, and he's a drama student if I start rambling about performances and being proud and other stuff.
(edited 11 years ago)
Haha ok, i'll go first then :smile: I'm Lizzie, my boy is Nathan. We've been together 10 months and I met him on here. I'm studying at Hull, but currently on a year abroad in spain (but only for 12 more days :cry2:) the boy goes to uni in manc so at best were always a couple of hours apart at least (even when we're at home)

Hey Lizzie :biggrin: Oh wow you met your boyfriend on here as well? How did that happen? :biggrin:
What's the Spanish like at Hull? :smile:
How often do you see each other at home? :smile:

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37529909']:hi:
I'm Flo (if you hadn't guessed :tongue:), and my boyfriend is Benji. I live in London, but go to uni in Durham (or at least, for the next month I do), while Benji lives in Northampton. So we're just over 5 hours apart while I'm at uni, and about an hour and a half when I'm at home. We met in the summer of 2009 at Reading Festival, about a month before I started uni.

BUT in October, I'm starting an MA at Leicester, meaning that during term time, I'll only be an hour away from the boy :biggrin: (with a bus that goes pretty much door-to-door). Plus, he actually works about 15 miles outside of Leicester, so I'll hopefully be seeing him a lot more frequently :smile:

:biggrin: Ooh you go to Durham? Which college are you at? How often do you see each other? :smile:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37529909']We met in the summer of 2009 at Reading Festival

I was there toooooo :biggrin: :woo: (go figure though if you look at my location I guess :tongue:)

Love the t shirt btw :biggrin:
Original post by miraclemile
To be fair, I've never properly introduced myself on here. I'm always a bit wary of telling people my actual name, or giving too much info about myself/the boy just in case, but I'll just hope noone knows me :tongue:

I'm Shannon, I'm from just outside Manchester, and I'm a young'un - just finishing up my first year studying at Edinburgh :smile: Met the boy at school, he was my best friend, then we went out, broke up in September because we thought it was for the best with uni and all, lasted til late October and realised we were totally miserable and decided it was worth a try :tongue: We're about 4/5 hours while at uni, see each other once a month, but when we're home we're pretty close so that's fab. Oh, and he's a drama student if I start rambling about performances and being proud and other stuff.

Hi Shannon :biggrin: I'm younger than you :lol: What's Edinburgh like? :smile: I got an offer from them; it looks lovely!
Oh wow :smile: Where is he at the moment? How often do you two see each other? :smile:

Thanks for the introductions everyone! I'll try and keep up :biggrin: And I'll introduce myself as well :smile:

So, as you know, I'm Chiara and my boyfriend is called Sven. I live in Surrey right now, and he lives....in Hamburg. In Germany. :colonhash: We also met on TSR last June, on the Oxford Applicants thread. I noticed he was German (yeah my avatar says it all really) and shortly after exchanging names and so on, we started PMing and then MSNing...well, I won't give you the full story :biggrin: We got together last July but it wasn't the right time and we broke up, got back together in October, so it's only been about 6.5 months! We've seen each other about four times :tongue: In total, if you add all the days here and there up, we've only spent about two weeks in person with each other!

Yes, it's quite a journey, but in September he'll be starting at Warwick and I at Oxford (hopefully), so we'll only be 45 min away from each other in term time (although surviving an Oxford workload and a regular committed relationship should be interesting) but still at our current distance in the holidays.

I love being here and being able to talk to people about the littlest worries, so thank you for making me feel welcome :h:
Hey Lizzie :biggrin: Oh wow you met your boyfriend on here as well? How did that happen? :biggrin:
What's the Spanish like at Hull? :smile:
How often do you see each other at home? :smile:

We both used to use the Games and Competitions section a lot and we just got talking there about a year ago now. Hes a climber, and we decided we were going to meet so he could teach me a bit, but then a couple of weekends before wed planned to meet, he turned to me one afternoon and declared he was bored and wanted to come meet me, so drove all the way from his home town in telford, to my home in Reading and took me out for dinner :love:

I love spanish at Hull (I study Italian too and thats awesome :smile: ) Did i see from your sig youre gonna be studying spanish as well?

Ermm, at home its usually once a week or once every other week because I work full time during holidays so it can only be weekends :smile: when im back at uni, we're hoping itll be once every other week we visit. Been quite lucky abroad too in that our visits have been quite regular too :smile:

How about you, how did you meet your boy, and how often do you see him? Edit: never mind you answered it above :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)

:biggrin: Ooh you go to Durham? Which college are you at? How often do you see each other? :smile:

Yep :biggrin: I'm at Van Mildert.

We see each other every two weeks, pretty much. Occasionally it'll be two weekends out of three, and the last two years, we've spent three weeks apart over the summer exams, but that's the longest we've gone. I'm very lucky that I get financial support from my parents, so train fares aren't too much of an issue, and that he works an 8-4, Monday-Friday job, so we don't often have schedule issues :smile: When I'm at home, it's every weekend, unless something comes up (and even then, most of the time we fit something in, cause it's close enough that we can see each other for a day without spending most of the time travelling)

I was there toooooo :biggrin: :woo: (go figure though if you look at my location I guess :tongue:)

Love the t shirt btw :biggrin:

Awesome :biggrin: Do you go quite often then? That year was my first ever festival - I only met the boy because he and his friends were camped next to me and mine, and one of my friends drunkenly wandered over there on the first night (and proceeded to spend most of the weekend making out with one of his friends)
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest