The Student Room Group

AS Biology Resit Unit 1 AQA MAY 14th 2012!

I am sitting the resit on monday!!! I am so nerveous it is unbeleaveable! Please could someone tell me what topics are in Unit 1, I have seemed to have forgoten some of them and I'm pritty sertain that I am missing some. Pelease Help me. :work: :unsure: :work: :please:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Calm down, do you not have a textbook that has the topics in? It's mainly about cell structure, pathogens, immunity, heart and CVD and respiratory system and lung disease. If you need any help just ask.
Remember, there is ALWAYS a 3 marker on how enzymes work.
Reply 3
How did everyone find it
Reply 4
It was a decent paper but question 7 threw me off a bit
Reply 5
The rate of reaction one tricked me :frown:
Reply 6
Was that a division sum
Reply 7
Yeh but I did 4/30 and it's wrong
Reply 8
Was this easier than the Jan paper?
Reply 9
Original post by erniiee
Was this easier than the Jan paper?

Yes, I definetely found it much easier... but i tripped up on question 7!!! what was that?!?! what do u reckon will be the grade boundries??? how did you find it???
Reply 10
this exam was not that easy :frown:
on the first page there was a question asking about the function of Z.
i thought it was a ribosome, I wrote the right answer about aerobic resipiration but i wrote ribosome aswell. it was 1 mark, will i get a mark?? :frown:( i realised my mistake aftter the exam.
Reply 11
Original post by kimfern14
Yes, I definetely found it much easier... but i tripped up on question 7!!! what was that?!?! what do u reckon will be the grade boundries??? how did you find it???

I found it easier too...
What was question 7 again?
I hope the grade boundaries are enough to get me a high B, possibly a low A...
How do you think you did?
I hated the calculating the breathing rate question... I did the stupidest mistake :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by sedagezmis
this exam was not that easy :frown:
on the first page there was a question asking about the function of Z.
i thought it was a ribosome, I wrote the right answer about aerobic resipiration but i wrote ribosome aswell. it was 1 mark, will i get a mark?? :frown:( i realised my mistake aftter the exam.

I didn't right aerobic, will that cost me a mark? :frown:
I hate when that happens on when we realise stuff after the exam- I don't get why the human mind works that way, its so annoying!
Reply 13

Oh I didn't sit it, managed to get what I wanted in Jan. My friends however were resitting, pretty worried for them! They did say they found it easier though :smile:
Reply 14

Same here! i thought it was a decent paper apart from Q7 - i kno i lost so many marks on that one aah
i rekon boundries will be quite high because most people found it okay-ish but im hoping they'l be low!
Reply 15
What was question 7 about again?
Reply 16
what did you guys write about why the concentration in tube B was higher with ph8? also was the calculation question just 30/4?
Reply 17
Original post by nk93x
what did you guys write about why the concentration in tube B was higher with ph8? also was the calculation question just 30/4?

The calculation was 6/30 so it would have been 0.2
Reply 18
same I agree :frown: i actually wrote a whole load of rubbish but included so many key words to do with the topic. :frown:

it doesnt matter if you dont write aerobic, but im worried about me writing 'ribosome'. i was so stupid, i was tryna be extra, it didnt even say state the organelle. i think im gna lose a mark on the first question. :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by nk93x

the one that asked why the water level was higher in ph8 than in ph2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending