The Student Room Group

French aqa listening exam 14th may 2012

Well ive done it... dunno if i did it well ???

I found it hard did any of you find it hard... lemme know with some of your answers and we can compare.... i think i flopped. many of the kids in my year thought they flopped too?? hmm was it that hard of a test??
me thinks... YES

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by No brainer1
Well ive done it... dunno if i did it well ???

I found it hard did any of you find it hard... lemme know with some of your answers and we can compare.... i think i flopped. many of the kids in my year thought they flopped too?? hmm was it that hard of a test??
me thinks... YES

most of the people i talked to in my year (including me) thought it was incredibly hard! especially the writing questions, for some of them i had no clue AT ALL. i felt that it was much harder than the past papers i did.
Reply 2
Ive got to say that pretty much everyone who walked out of that exam said it was sooo hard and flopped it. Also comparing it to all the past papers i've done i'd say its a good 3x harder than them. Maybe there will be quite low grade boundaries :s
Reply 3
Pretty much everyone in my year felt it was so hard compared to the past papers too.. so the grade boundaries hopefully should be pretty low! :smile:
any guesses on boundries?
Yeah all of our year found this exam really hard.. so i'm just hoping for really low grade boundaries (even though they've always been low for this exam). In 2011 it was 32/40 for an A*, in 2010 it was 29/40 and January 2011 was 26/40. Which are all amazingly low and I've done those practice papers and I think this one was harder so I'm guessing maybe 29 or 28 for an A*.

Also, for the steak question I had no idea what it was and just wrote 'it wasn't cooked enough'. And the second last question about relationships, I said that 'He was spending all his time with his girlfriend and his friends were getting jealous.'

Anyone got any other answers plleaaasseee reply :smile:
Reply 6
Yes our year found it difficult, the majority of us were getting high A's and A*s on the past papers and we felt pretty confident. However, this exam did knock our confidence! For the majority of the written answers I just ended up guessing :s-smilie:
Reply 7
well its relieving to know that others feel the same. lets hope this will reflect in the grade boundaries!
Reply 8
I found it really hard! Guessed the whole last question and said that he wanted to be alone but was having to spend all his time with his girlfriend. Anyone have any ideas about how many marks would be needed for an A?
Reply 9
Original post by ketchup.smile
Yeah all of our year found this exam really hard.. so i'm just hoping for really low grade boundaries (even though they've always been low for this exam). In 2011 it was 32/40 for an A*, in 2010 it was 29/40 and January 2011 was 26/40. Which are all amazingly low and I've done those practice papers and I think this one was harder so I'm guessing maybe 29 or 28 for an A*.

Also, for the steak question I had no idea what it was and just wrote 'it wasn't cooked enough'. And the second last question about relationships, I said that 'He was spending all his time with his girlfriend and his friends were getting jealous.'

Anyone got any other answers plleaaasseee reply :smile:

For the steak question i said it was too rare which is basically the same as you! :smile: Last page i completely guessed and put something about her wanting him to spend all his time with her and no one else. Not too sure really. :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by smartchick
I found it really hard! Guessed the whole last question and said that he wanted to be alone but was having to spend all his time with his girlfriend. Anyone have any ideas about how many marks would be needed for an A?

I'd hazard a guess at low-mid 20s (22-24ish)
Reply 11
I'm hoping the reading paper on thursday will be a little easier!
Reply 12
I found the exam alright compared to the others :biggrin: Apparently the last question was that he spends to much time with his girlfriend and they need time apart. And he is depressed and cries constantly because of it. I didn't get it. Has anyone got any more answers?
Reply 13
the problem with our exam was that it was in the hall, so everything just echoed, i was confident because i had done all the past papers can got 60 UMS

what grade would you say i got, if i think around 28/40 if i'm pessimistic, or 32/40 if i'm optimistic, please tell me because i'm curious
for curry i wrote that it is spicy
for the tart, i wrote that it had too much sugar

for steak i wrote that he ate too much and he got sick (i heard malade - i think)

for the last question i had that his problem was that on friday night, his girlfirend didn't see him, and he thinks that she is with her mates/new bf

for the bed question, did you say that he worked in: a factory, a hotel, or a furniture shop.

Please answer my questions because i am very curious
Reply 14
I've never heard the word they used to describe the steak in any of my french lessons :O

Did you guys put furniture shop or factory?
Reply 15
Original post by flyhigh99
I've never heard the word they used to describe the steak in any of my french lessons :O

Did you guys put furniture shop or factory?

i put in facotry because, i heard tht he tests the bed, to make sure that they are comfortbale, and then they are sent to hotels and furniture shops - they're trying to trick us
Reply 16
Original post by A193
the problem with our exam was that it was in the hall, so everything just echoed, i was confident because i had done all the past papers can got 60 UMS

what grade would you say i got, if i think around 28/40 if i'm pessimistic, or 32/40 if i'm optimistic, please tell me because i'm curious
for curry i wrote that it is spicy
for the tart, i wrote that it had too much sugar

for steak i wrote that he ate too much and he got sick (i heard malade - i think)

for the last question i had that his problem was that on friday night, his girlfirend didn't see him, and he thinks that she is with her mates/new bf

for the bed question, did you say that he worked in: a factory, a hotel, or a furniture shop.

Please answer my questions because i am very curious

the curry was spicy, but that was not the negative point. it was that it was cold. i think u r right about the tart. for the steak, some people said it was burnt. i said it was too rare. for the bed one i put furniture shop. the last question, i got no idea :P
Reply 17
Omg i said he cried a lot is well, aha and i thought i was being stupid when i wrote that :')

and i knew he said something about studying but i didn't write it down,

I said that she wanted to be alone/single and he wanted to spend more time her her,

-- but then again i don't know if it's right? :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by domp27
the curry was spicy, but that was not the negative point. it was that it was cold. i think u r right about the tart. for the steak, some people said it was burnt. i said it was too rare. for the bed one i put furniture shop. the last question, i got no idea :P

you're quite right, but i think spicy would also be a bad thing (fingers crossed)
Reply 19
Original post by A193
you're quite right, but i think spicy would also be a bad thing (fingers crossed)

im pretty sure, that he said: it was spicy, but that is not bad. but it was cold.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending