The Student Room Group

Higher Chemistry 2012 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by KeithyDee
Thanks for uploading the answers. I'm not quite sure how I did - looking at the Section B I think I have done fairly well but I can't remember Section A at all.

Does anyone have a link to the PDF of the paper? Or can someone kindly scan in the five multiple choice pages? I will buy you an Irn-Bru :tongue:

They're already on page 26, 27 and 28
Reply 681
see for the question that asked you to draw a dotted line to show hydrogen bonding, i drew a dotted line between a H and an O instead of a H and a N - will i get the mark?
Reply 682
Original post by Tara I
How many marks was 15 b) ii) worth, anyone?

I have the paper here, its just one mark
hey thanks for the answers for section B, but i have a few questions if you wouldnt mind answering:

2.b)ii) how do you do it

5.a) why can't you do Vm= V/n as you know V is .110 L from the graph and you know the molar volume as it is given to you?

9.c) What part is "the head"

11.b)ii) how did u get that?!

If anyone could help that would be great, these are replies to MIMX's answers
Reply 684
Original post by n00b/
see for the question that asked you to draw a dotted line to show hydrogen bonding, i drew a dotted line between a H and an O instead of a H and a N - will i get the mark?

Hydrogen bonding occurs between Hydrogen and Oxygen as well as Nitrogen, so yeah I'm pretty sure!
Reply 685
Original post by Kaaal
Can someone explain to me how 3.a) is 0.125 moles?

I found Eh ( 4.18 x 500/1000(mass of water) x 82(rise in temperature) = 171.38kj
I then rearranged the triangle/formula Combustion = Eh/n into Eh=n x Combustion so to find n using this formula you would take Eh and divide it by combustion value = 171.38/1367 (given in question) = 0.125moles
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 686
SERIOUSLY hoping that these are the same as the SQA marking scheme, because i get an A, but scrape it! here's a' hoping!
Reply 687
Original post by Blue7195
SERIOUSLY hoping that these are the same as the SQA marking scheme, because i get an A, but scrape it! here's a' hoping!

Same! What percent did you get?
Reply 688
Original post by Kaaal
Same! What percent did you get?

72%! you? however a few qu's I just marked as 0 because i couldn't see the marks, so (hoping) get a few half marks here and there too!
Hope everyone did well in this exam :smile: i did a few stupid mistakes :frown: but overall not bad? i feel like i'll get penalized for some of the things i wrote down though :frown:
Reply 690
72%! you? however a few qu's I just marked as 0 because i couldn't see the marks, so (hoping) get a few half marks here and there too!

71% :smile: last year you needed 69%.. so i wonder how this year compares :P I did the same as you, no half marks, and just marked it at 0 if there was any doubt
Reply 691
Original post by Kaaal
71% :smile: last year you needed 69%.. so i wonder how this year compares :P I did the same as you, no half marks, and just marked it at 0 if there was any doubt

mainly did it so i could make myself feel better haha! i feel last year was a bit easier, some really horrible questions this time round, so hopefully it stays at 69% !
Reply 692
Original post by n00b/

Yeh, you will!
Reply 693
mainly did it so i could make myself feel better haha! i feel last year was a bit easier, some really horrible questions this time round, so hopefully it stays at 69% !

Yeah! :P I'm really anxious to get my results now... I know that if I get a B in chemistry, i'll have just missed out on A, how gutting!
Reply 694
Best case scenario I got 97%, worst probably about 91%.

Now watch me get 50% for being too confident. :frown:
Reply 695
Does anyone have the questions?
Reply 696
77% give or take a few marks, thank you for uploading those solutions!
Reply 697
Original post by mimx
Best case scenario I got 97%, worst probably about 91%.

Now watch me get 50% for being too confident. :frown:

Any chance you could post how many marks each question is worth? The pictures dont show it sometimes
Reply 698
for 15)b)ii) I never included stage 3, I thought you didn't need to include it as it wasn't really part of the reaction? I thought they were trying to trick us :frown: Looks like I was just trying to be to smart :frown:
Reply 699
Original post by Kaaal
Any chance you could post how many marks each question is worth? The pictures dont show it sometimes

I've just been using the pics that were already uploaded too so I don't really know unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending