Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need some advice on college

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically I suffer from personality disorder and anorexia.

I was sectioned twice this college year and after had to wait months for college to make a decision to let me back in. They decided I could with an LSA but the LSA was extremely unproffessional and lost her job...Now I've been back for 15 days and I recieve and email telling me that I'm not well enough to be in college, can sit my Drama A level but will have to study from home and then can't go back until September if they feel I'm well enough then.

I feel like this is because they can't replace the LSA and not because of my actual health. And by emailing me it gave me no chance to discuss.

I'm not sure what to do.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why are your school telling you that you are not well, shouldn't you be telling them?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    i like The Illuminati said!
    go in and argue your corner who are they to tell you how you feel?
    best of luck with the condition though and i hope you get better soon!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They're saying that I'm not eating enough, look tired and cold and that it shows I'm not coping.

But personally I think it's all because they can't employ a new LSA that they are telling me I can't come back in because nothing significant has happened and I've mainly stuck to my side of the bargain except for 1 or 2 bad days when I haven't drunk my fortijuce.

I'm not supposed to go on campus, I'll try and argue my case, but more than likely they will just throw me off.

Thank you
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think what they are doing is wrong. They can't prevent you from doing your exams for those reasons if you are keeping your side of the bargain. A few tiny slip-ups doesn't mean they can throw you off.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, it's just hard to get them to listen...am i right in thinking this is discrimination?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    From my (limited) experience this is sadly quite common... maybe find someone in college who is "on your side" who is willing to communicate with you to help you fight your case to those in charge?. Also, maybe your GP will help, and write a note saying you're well enough.
    I'm not sure it is classed as discrimination because your college has to feel that you're not in danger while you're there

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 15, 2012
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.