Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help with my diet and exercise plan?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i would like some tips on how to improve my diet and fitness plan. I posted a while ago about losing weight. I need to lose over 4 stone, and im very unfit. Ive tried to cut out junk food like choc and crisps and have started going the gym at least 3 times a week. And swimming once a week! I do 40 minutes cardio and then use some of the weight machines, which is what an instructor has told me to do! For breakfast i have brown toast and scrambled egg, lunch is chicken sandwich with salad and tomotoes. For dinner i had gammon and veg. Usually snack on fruit. This can vary each day. Any tips on where i can improve thanks?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do HIIT Runing.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The best phrase I've ever heard with regards to diet is don't drink calories. I was eating clean but still had stuff like milky tea/coffee, fruit juices etc - as soon as I cut them out my weight dropped faster and I felt so much better for myself
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replys. I was considering taking up running, so will give HIIT a go!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhiiSparks)
    The best phrase I've ever heard with regards to diet is don't drink calories. I was eating clean but still had stuff like milky tea/coffee, fruit juices etc - as soon as I cut them out my weight dropped faster and I felt so much better for myself
    Thanks for the tip. I know its probably a silly question but what is good to drink other than water lol x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Water is great for your respiratory cycle and more importantly your metabolism. I make sure I down at least half a litre as soon as I wake up. But if you want a bit of change I would definitely recommend blending up some fruit smoothies, or some freshly squeezed orange juice. Oh also green tea is brilliant to detoxify yourself.

Also try interval training, makes sure your body doesn't get used to your regular workout. Check out Turbofire by beachbody. Helped me and a lot of other people I know.

Good luck!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littlemisspiglet)
    Thanks for the tip. I know its probably a silly question but what is good to drink other than water lol x
    Green tea is amazing. It takes a little to get used to the taste but I get the ones which have lemon in them and they're a perfect refresher first thing in the morning. It has plenty of anti-oxidants too
    Black coffee's okay although you should still limit yourself to one or two cups a day max.
    I also make spinach smoothies. Before you say they sound horrible - you can't taste the spinach at all but you still get all the nutrients. I make it with bananas, skimmed milk and fat-free greek yogurt and its lovely You can add whatever you want though
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littlemisspiglet)
    Hi, i would like some tips on how to improve my diet and fitness plan. I posted a while ago about losing weight. I need to lose over 4 stone, and im very unfit. Ive tried to cut out junk food like choc and crisps and have started going the gym at least 3 times a week. And swimming once a week! I do 40 minutes cardio and then use some of the weight machines, which is what an instructor has told me to do! For breakfast i have brown toast and scrambled egg, lunch is chicken sandwich with salad and tomotoes. For dinner i had gammon and veg. Usually snack on fruit. This can vary each day. Any tips on where i can improve thanks?
    Much respect!

It sounds like you're doing great. Keep using weights with your cardio sessions to maintain healthy muscle mass.

All the best.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dont just eat a clean diet. You have to find out the amount of calories you need in a day (considering your female eating around 1200 calories a day minimum is good for you to lose weight). Eat clean foods but stop at 1200 calories, while you exercise you will burn more and you should be losing weight.

Good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound too bad actually- how fast are you looking to lose weight? And are you looking to build some muscle as well? The number of times you exercise per week is always a factor in how fast the weight comes off.

And how tall are you by the way? Don't mean to ask personal questions, but that's always a factor in how many calories you should consume. Remember, weight loss is a long, often frustrating process, but is so rewarding when you see the results.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 20, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.