The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4780
I wouldn't mind being speared by him.
Serious now, and at the LMA awards today Llambias said he reckons Simpson and Guthrie are both off. Debuchy will replace Simpson no doubt and that Ligue 2 midfielder who we apparently signed with replace Guthrie.
I wonder how far we are going to get in the Europa league next year...

Depending on the signings we make in the summer i'm going to stick a fat Β£50 on it. It has been way too long since our last (Decent) trophy.... :tongue:
Reply 4783
Original post by Sammys_Tekkers
Serious now, and at the LMA awards today Llambias said he reckons Simpson and Guthrie are both off. Debuchy will replace Simpson no doubt and that Ligue 2 midfielder who we apparently signed with replace Guthrie.

I recognise that username, N-O?
Original post by mau5

Yes he is.
Original post by mau5

Yes :h: Rarely post there though, quite a shocker you recognise it.
mau5 i presume you post on NO?
Reply 4787
Original post by Sammys_Tekkers
Yes :h: Rarely post there though, quite a shocker you recognise it.

I remembered the Frankie Sandford avatar.
Original post by mau5
I remembered the Frankie Sandford avatar.

:lol: She's worth it
Reply 4789
Newcastle have moved to strengthen their Academy squad with the signing of 16- year-old Slovakian central defender Lubomir Satka, who has signed a three year deal.

Satka is the current captain of Slovakia's U17 side and moves from Dubnica - our Intertoto Cup opponents back in 2005.

Another great young prospect secured. :coma:
Original post by Vintage
Another great young prospect secured. :coma:

Sounds good. Hopefully this will continue in line with what was said about restructuring the academy.
Reply 4791
Original post by Chriswuk
Sounds good. Hopefully this will continue in line with what was said about restructuring the academy.

Yeah me too. Though i hope we start bringing some good English prospects through along with foreign ones.
Original post by Vintage
Yeah me too. Though i hope we start bringing some good English prospects through along with foreign ones.

English prospects tend to turn out to be ****e and over-valued.
Gamiero told he can leave PSG already? That's strange, given there was so much competition for him last season.
We made Β£7 million more from the Premier League this year due to finishing 5th. :borat:
Reply 4795
Original post by TCD23
English prospects tend to turn out to be ****e and over-valued.

But if we get them cheap at 15/16. Play them. They have a few games... We can sell them for ridiculous money :coma:
I know Newcastle doesn't field that many English players in the starting eleven, but it still bothers me that no one from Newcastle made the Euros squad despite their best season in recent memory. Steven Taylor showed signs of progression and would have likely had a fantastic season and made the squad.

I dunno, just s'pose I'm disgruntled about players from big-name teams just going through the motions or, worse yet, having a lackluster season, and still being called up for international duty because of where they play. Same stuff year after year.
Original post by I Kant Spall
I know Newcastle doesn't field that many English players in the starting eleven, but it still bothers me that no one from Newcastle made the Euros squad despite their best season in recent memory. Steven Taylor showed signs of progression and would have likely had a fantastic season and made the squad.

I dunno, just s'pose I'm disgruntled about players from big-name teams just going through the motions or, worse yet, having a lackluster season, and still being called up for international duty because of where they play. Same stuff year after year.

Your best players aren't English. Krul, Colo, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba.
Reply 4798
Original post by Gob Bluth
Your best players aren't English. Krul, Colo, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba.

James Perch. Fantastic Season.

Danny Guthrie. Exceptional when coming in for Cabaye & Tiote.

Danny Simpson. 'Statisically' the best right back in the premier league this season :teeth:

Shola Amoebi. Just as many goals as Andy Carroll and same type of player.

Steven Taylor. Would have had a good chance of being in the squad having not been crocked all season.
Reply 4799
Original post by Vintage
James Perch. Fantastic Season.

Danny Guthrie. Exceptional when coming in for Cabaye & Tiote.

Danny Simpson. 'Statisically' the best right back in the premier league this season :teeth:

Shola Amoebi. Just as many goals as Andy Carroll and same type of player.

Steven Taylor. Would have had a good chance of being in the squad having not been crocked all season.

Must be a troll

Latest