The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drgoodier
I've just got a few questions I hope someone can help answer.

Hi,

PSA/VSA is Pedestrian Screening Area/Vehicle Screening Area

No idea when we know job specific and it seems like no one does thats the impression I get at training. I wasn't even told at interview what they thought I would be doing.

My referees weren't contacted for G4S screening but maybe they will be for LOGOC - everyone is different i'm sure it depends on something?
Hello,

Is all training done in London even if you don't live anywhere near London?
Reply 522
Original post by grizzletheconquerer
Hello,

dont think so as i had an interview 2 weeks ago and still waiting for training dates and references check to be completed....they said within 6 weeks they will tell me....so max 4 week wait for me..
Original post by niyaz93
so we get paid 100 plus the hours we do at the training ? bdw which training have you attended?

IIRC, my tutor told me that we're getting paid £8.30 an hour during our training, and then it rises to £8.50 when we're qualified and start the actual job :biggrin:

All this week I'm being trained for SIA Door Supervisor. Next week I'm doing Rapiscan Equipment Training and Pedestrian Screening Area Training.

Original post by H.Maleki
Is this with bridging the gap? or G4S directly?

G4S.

Original post by David20
How long is training each day? From when till when?
Thanks.

My SIA Door Supervisor course is from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday all this week.
Original post by grizzletheconquerer
Hello,

I'm not too sure, but I have been told that some people have been travelling from quite far away to come to training at my venue in London - there's even one guy in my class who gets a coach all the way from Bournemouth! :eek:

G4S should tell you where you're doing your training, but if in doubt then just contact them and ask :smile:
Reply 525
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I'm not too sure, but I have been told that some people have been travelling from quite far away to come to training at my venue in London - there's even one guy in my class who gets a coach all the way from Bournemouth! :eek:

G4S should tell you where you're doing your training, but if in doubt then just contact them and ask :smile:

woahh, thank god mine was only round the corner lol
Original post by H.Maleki
woahh, thank god mine was only round the corner lol

Ooh, lucky you :p:. It takes me about 1.5 hours to get to mine.

Still, commuting in from Bournemouth each day is quite ridiculous. I'd be staying in temporary accommodation in London if that were me.
Reply 527
Original post by Erazor
No I think you misunderstood. If you get paid the minimum wage for training £6.50 you will get £416 (in my case for 8 hours of 8 days of training) £6.50 x 8 x 8 = £416 = A few hundred pounds as the other person stated.

However I got a feeling that SIA training hours wont be counted so we would get around £208 or something, come on they won't even specify how much we get during the training it's obviously going to be low.

its 8.30£ for further training with g4s per hour and sia is £6.50 or something but we dont get the sia training money until we do the first 5 shifts because i order received my payslips regarding further training...
How long does it take to get paid? Do they only pay once all training is complete
Reply 529
Damn still no training dates for me.
Reply 530
Original post by Prodigy
Damn still no training dates for me.

No training dates for me as well apart from a phone call which I received about 10 days ago asking me if I'm still interested in working for them.
Reply 531
Hi

I just had my interview yesterday. I was told by the interviewer that I had done well and that he was happy for me to get the job. But I was not told what I would be doing in my job. some people in this form where told what they will be doing straight after the interview. Does that mean I did not get the job? I have got a email saying that my form is sent for screening and the email also said I passed the interview? Btw my interview was at west ham.
(edited 11 years ago)
To be honest no one real knows whats going on. I had my interview back in december, i done all the training days there ask for. But i still have no idea what am going to be doing and when.
Reply 533
Has anyone actually failed the interview?
Reply 534
Original post by Isildur1

I asked this a few days ago. I honestly think they're literally taking everyone on.
Reply 535
Original post by Isildur1

no when I had my interview, the guy opposite me failed and im sure quite a few others did aswell when I had it 2 weeks ago
Reply 536
I just got a call from G4S saying they havent got my bank statement a month after my interview -_- I had it on the day aswell

So bloody disorganised, I have to go in tomorrow to give it to them. Then its going to take a extra 2-12 weeks from when I give it.

I don't think I'll have enough time to do training :frown:
Im worried about having to pay peak fares untill we get payed which is £15+ each day.
is there any type of transport organised for this event for workers?
I got an invitation to security training with a date but no date for SIA trianing...so confused.
Reply 539
Original post by GuitarWizard
How long does it take to get paid? Do they only pay once all training is complete

well the further training i got paid after nearly a month but sia training paid after first 5 shifts..

Quick Reply

Latest