The Student Room Group

AQA MPC2 (Core 2) Exam June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by shyamr93
222?

i got 222 too!
Original post by ryanboi
Apparently the answer to the stretch question is x-direction s.f 1/root 10.

I got this :smile:)))) apparently doesnt mean it is right though :/
For putting stretch in Y direction scale factor root 10, what do you think I'll get out of 4? So annoyed with myself for not putting stretch in X 1/root 10...
Reply 63
What will 90UMS be in raw marks do you think guys?

I got
Reply 64
What do you think 60 raw marks will be in UMS?
Original post by Taylor_R
What will 90UMS be in raw marks do you think guys?

I got

Well, if last June is anything to go by then about 61/75, however, in my opinion this paper was A LOT harder.
Original post by nathano14
Did anyone find the shaded area in the arc sector question? What I done was split the whole thing in half so that you get two right angled triangles, and then I worked out the area of that. Then I worked out the arc area, and took that away from the overall area.

Yh i did that, but i did something weird with the sector area... i got 689 something... i did r^2/2pi/3... i gues i got that wrong but do i get atleast get 2-3 marks for working? D:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by mattmattmatt
Well, if last June is anything to go by then about 61/75, however, in my opinion this paper was A LOT harder.

Hoping your right....yeah i did the june one as a past paper, lost 8 marks but got 98UMS on it i think!!....if these are the boundaries even tho ive probs lost 10 i could still be in the 90's !!! heres me praying
Reply 68
Found that incredibly hard, really hoping they lower the grade boundaries.
everyone here found it hard too..
Reply 69
If I got tanx to be equal to be -1 and 3 in part a), and then in part b) solved them and done the entire method right and got the right answer for when tanx=-1 and tanx=3, do you think they'll mark all of question b) right, as like an error carried forward kind of thing?
Reply 70
The last question was surprisingly hard, the rest wasn't too bad although everyone else at my school found the later questions difficult. I expect grade boundaries to be low.

Here are some answers to questions I can remember and have short answers (not prove questions). Questions might not be in the correct order. Links go to Wolfram Alpha pages.
Arithmetic Series (1?)
(a) 9 (b) 914 (c) 357 980
Triangle (2?)
(a) 157.5 cm^2 (b) 12/13 (c) 12.5 cm
Integration (3?)
integral = 41.95
Geometric series (4?)
terms are 12 and 3
(ratio = 1/4 was this asked?)
sum to infinity = 16
sum from 4 to infinity = 1/4
Shaded area (5?)
(a) 12pi m (b) pi/3 (c) 222 m^2
Function/ second derivative (6?)
13.5 -> minimum
y=x^3+(4/x)-11x+13
Exponential function(7?)
y=4, x=0.712
Trigonometry(8?)
-1, +SQRT(3), -SQRT(3)
Logs (9)
Integral 0.117
Translation:
(0)
(1)
Stretch by 1/(SQRT(10)) in x direction
log(1000/729)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 71
I think someone should ake a poll question for how hard u found the paper...then we can see our percentage chance of low grade boundaries hehe....hopeggull 90% + find it hard!! (i dont know how to make poll questions)
Reply 72
Hoping to get a high mark in Decision to balance this mess, but then again I thought Core 2 was easy and they spat out this monstrosity of a paper!
Reply 73
Anyone in loreto is dead gayyyyyyyyyyyyy
Original post by onimusha370
For putting stretch in Y direction scale factor root 10, what do you think I'll get out of 4? So annoyed with myself for not putting stretch in X 1/root 10...

3/4 I'd say! I think remembering to square root was the trickiest part.
Reply 75
**** this man im revising physics, by the way i cheated
Original post by Kev.1995
Hoping to get a high mark in Decision to balance this mess, but then again I thought Core 2 was easy and they spat out this monstrosity of a paper!

Same the past papers i done without difficulty of getting around 57-65's
but this ahhhhhhhhh!!!
First few questions were pretty easy. 7/8/9 were horrible!

Completely work out how to use quadratics to get the y co-ordinate for the 7^x curve intersection but I used the solver on my calculator to get y=4, doubt I'll get more then 1/2 marks on that.

I got the shaded area as 222 (3 S.F).

Trig identities (tan θ-1)(sin2 θ-3cos2 θ)
(tan θ-1)(sin2 θ-3(1-sin2 θ))
(tan θ-1)(4sin2 θ-3)
tan θ=1 or +/-√3

so the tan values between 0-180 were 60,135,120.

Hopefully the grade boundaries will give a bit...
Reply 78
I got 2 for the last question :/
Original post by Nebula
The last question was surprisingly hard, the rest wasn't too bad although everyone else at my school found the later questions difficult. I expect grade boundaries to be low.

Here are some answers to questions I can remember and have short answers (not prove questions). Questions might not be in the correct order. Links go to Wolfram Alpha pages.
Arithmetic Series (1?)
(a) 9 (b) 914 (c) 357 980
Triangle (2?)
(a) 157.5 cm^2 (b) 12/13 (c) 12.5 cm
Integration (3?)
integral = 41.95
Geometric series (4?)
terms are 12 and 3
(ratio = 1/4 was this asked?)
sum to infinity = 16
sum from 4 to infinity = 1/4
Shaded area (5?)