The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ben Wade? Is that you?
im a girl with brown hair and green eyes haha didnt know it was uncommon, have you never met anyone with brown hair and green eyes before?? :s-smilie:
Reply 122
Does it matter?
Reply 123
Im brunette with green eyes, infact allmost my whole family is, so not that rare.
Reply 124
Me and my boyfriend both have brown hair and green eyes, him light green and me dark...

you stay away from our future daughter!
Reply 125
Original post by lolablue
Me and my boyfriend both have brown hair and green eyes, him light green and me dark...

you stay away from our future daughter!

Does he know you're planning to have children with him?
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Yeah...it's one thing to have a preference but to seek out these girls is another matter. What if you meet a lovely brunette with brown eyes?! Or a girl who was brunette with green eyes but was rather unattractive/mean?!

Indeed, if you happen to meet them and fall for them then good for you.

But if you're actively seeking out a partner, what's wrong with a bit of what you fancy?
Reply 127
Original post by Hopple
Does he know you're planning to have children with him?

well it was a joke, so no.
Out of my school friends 3/4 of us have green eyes and brown hair. Ive always loved my eye colour. I know people say it's rare but tbh I kniw so many people with green eyes. Mostly girls though!
Original post by Torpedo Fish
I really want to go out with a girl who has brunette hair and green eyes, but I am struggling to find one. I assume they do exist? There's nothing genetic to stop this combination of features? I know green eyes are pretty rare anyway, but those who do have green eyes tend to have either blonde or black hair rather than brunette and I really want to find a brunette with green eyes.

So have you ever seen one? Or indeed, are you one yourself.

Edit: lol, negged to oblivion for having a personal preference on eye/hair colour...because, of course, none of you have opinions or preferences on what makes a person attractive. :rolleyes:

Consciously or subconsciously everybody seeks out certain attributes in potential partners. How many times have I heard girls in clubs call an 'unattractive' guy who approaches them a 'creep', whilst when an 'attractive' guy approaches them they're 'cute' and they can't get enough of it.

Hypocrites...the lot of you.

My mum has brown hair and green eyes, so does my brother, but I'm guessing your not looking for a 50 year old widow with two grown up children or a 27 year old loner with a passion for musicals? But for an example it shows they do exist. I once had friends who was brunette with green eyes, but I don't know a huge amount of people with that combination, I think green eyes in general are quite rare.
Reply 130
Its not that rare - the rarest hair/eye combinations are red hair and brown eyes, and black hair with blue or green eyes.
Reply 131
Original post by seafolk
Its not that rare - the rarest hair/eye combinations are red hair and brown eyes, and black hair with blue or green eyes.

Both my sisters are ginger with hazelly/brown eyes.....
But then again I'm blonde with the same eyes, so I'm the genetic mutant in my family :tongue:
Reply 132
Original post by lapples
Both my sisters are ginger with hazelly/brown eyes.....
But then again I'm blonde with the same eyes, so I'm the genetic mutant in my family :tongue:

I'm auburn with brown eyes, so your sisters are my kin! I've got lots of redheaded friends, but all with blue eyes. I think its unusual because red hair is a mutation/recessive trait, and brown eyes are domiant; they don't combine together usually, or something, I can't quite remember how my biology teacher described it.:tongue: But also blonde hair and hazel eyes are rarer, you'll find, than blonde with blue.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 133
Original post by seafolk
I'm auburn with brown eyes, so your sisters are my kin! I've got lots of redheaded friends, but all with blue eyes. I think its unusual because red hair is a mutation/recessive trait, and brown eyes are domiant; they don't combine together usually, or something, I can't quite remember how my biology teacher described it.:tongue: But also blonde hair and hazel eyes are rarer, you'll find, than blonde with blue.

Red hair is the most recessive hair colour trait, with blonde being more common but still not as common as black or brown.
Brown eyes are definately the most dominant, but I was expected to get them cos my dad has brown eyes. I would've only had blue eyes if there was a recessive blue allele belonging to my dad...... I Think..... :tongue:
Quite scientific how it works, I learn about the genetics of it in my Biology class....
Yes, I exist, but you seem a bit too specific in looking for the girl you like. :/
Reply 135
Original post by lapples
Red hair is the most recessive hair colour trait, with blonde being more common but still not as common as black or brown.
Brown eyes are definately the most dominant, but I was expected to get them cos my dad has brown eyes. I would've only had blue eyes if there was a recessive blue allele belonging to my dad...... I Think..... :tongue:
Quite scientific how it works, I learn about the genetics of it in my Biology class....

I love genetics :biggrin:. The fact red hair was a mutation particularly interested my younger self
Reply 136
Original post by seafolk
I love genetics :biggrin:. The fact red hair was a mutation particularly interested my younger self

Do you do genetics now or did you just remember it from before??
I have this combination, and so do a fair few of my friends, so not too unusual i guess!
Reply 138
Original post by lapples
Do you do genetics now or did you just remember it from before??

Not anymore, but it was a large part of the IGCSE specification for biology. It was a shame that basically the whole paper ended up being on plants :s-smilie: after a year of human biology, needless to say I was disappointed!
Reply 139
Original post by seafolk
Not anymore, but it was a large part of the IGCSE specification for biology. It was a shame that basically the whole paper ended up being on plants :s-smilie: after a year of human biology, needless to say I was disappointed!

Oh, I see....
I'm doing Higher Biology this year (exam wednesday :tongue:) and more than half the course is plants :frown: gets a bit boring...
I love all the human related stuff, esp. the genetics :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending