The Student Room Group

Applying for a new college after AS.

Hi,

So I'm going to a 6th form now in South East London and I am not enjoying it at all. I started with Chemistry,Biology,Maths, and English Literature. I'm not currently only doing 2 AS levels and am failing at both possibly with U's. I was originally thinking of Medicine and went to lectures etc but the school is just a let down. And there are some other personal reasons as to why I haven't been able to do well.

I'm due to apply to a few new colleges.This time not a 6th form but whilst I was looking at the application forms, they all wanted a reference from my college that I had been to before. The problem is that my college will not even (probably) give me a good reference if any. However as I said, everything went wrong in year 12 and I was known as really "bright" in secondary school (got on with the teachers.. Good GCSE grades etc). I don't know if I am allowed to ask for a reference from my secondary school and explain why everything went wrong this year to secure a chance to get into the college I want to?

Also a lot of people have been telling me that it is a very stupid idea but I'm Turkish and I thought that if I cannot study med here, which I can't because I'm re-taking a year I could go to Turkey and Study it there at the top 2 universities that offer Med(istanbul and ankara). They only want I think about 2 A levels at A grade.(I think!) So I was wondering about your thoughts and ideas on that.

Thank you if you got this far! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending