The Student Room Group

WTF is going on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by DancinBallerina
No, no I had my doubts from the 'day after' the nookie occurred that things weren't right!

Ah well :dontknow: lesson learnt = learn to keep my guard firmly up, NEVER ever trust a man ever again and keep a firm grip on my knickers!

This annoys me. Just because you fell for the six-pack, bad boy, douche on the online dating site and (unsurprisingly) got played doesn't mean all guys are like this. Also what do you expect from dating sites anyway? 90% of guys on there are players or horny losers.
Reply 61
Original post by DancinBallerina
Yea, I've come to that conclusion. But what I don't get is my FB acc't got deleted, he messaged saying "U deleted me from FB?" I said "No", but he insisted I did. My acct was reinstated however the last few people who I recently added vanished. So I had to re add inc. him - he accepted my request, no problem. If he wanted nothing more to do with me, why accept the req. UNLESS it's a ploy - start off friendly and then eventually remove my request when he's finally got the balls to finish with me properly?? (which I have, in my book as of Tuesday, well sent him a message and he didn't 'get the hint', until I was blunt yesterday).

I feel like such an idiot :-(, and I don't deserve this. I don't hurt people, so why do people hurt me? :-(

Sorry to hear about how that chump played you. You weren't to know, and its only when its happened and you look back in hindsight that you clock on. Its guys like him that give genuine brothers a bad image, he doesn't represent the majority of us. Anyway, take care of yourself and sooner or later you'll find a guy who deserves you, whoever and whenever that may be :smile:
Original post by MancBoy
This annoys me. Just because you fell for the six-pack, bad boy, douche on the online dating site and (unsurprisingly) got played doesn't mean all guys are like this. Also what do you expect from dating sites anyway? 90% of guys on there are players or horny losers.

Thanks for the "preaching lesson". He doesn't have a 6 pack :rolleyes: but thanks for assuming anyway. How I feel and what I say is my opinion and if I wish to say I don't trust men, then that's how I'll continue to think for the time being. Yes I know theyre probaby are a few who are perhaps genuine but im yet to find at least 1; all encounters with men, theyve lied to me - how am I suppose to trust any after the continuous stint of lie after lie after lie??. (not online dating). This was the first and last time of online dating so don't worry, I won't be going back there again. Like I said elsewhere in the thread, it's done with, I'm over it and moving on. :-)

(If there is anything positive I can take from this - I got crappy sex lol - cleared out a few "cobwebs" lol!)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mr.Zen
Sorry to hear about how that chump played you. You weren't to know, and its only when its happened and you look back in hindsight that you clock on. Its guys like him that give genuine brothers a bad image, he doesn't represent the majority of us. Anyway, take care of yourself and sooner or later you'll find a guy who deserves you, whoever and whenever that may be :smile:

Thank you.

Yea when I look back, I think "Ahh ****" lol, but like you said I wasn't to know, I didn't know the website I met him from was full of this sort of thing
(if I knew I would have dropped him like a hot potato). What I can say is I've learnt my lesson (jus the hard way), and I know it won't happen again (not doing online dating again and will keep my guard up ).

:-)
(edited 11 years ago)
I do think you look too critically at people who have had problems in the past.

Like I consider myself a nice guy and good friend but even I have done drugs when I was young and stupid. As it happens I have a caution for possession of marijuana and a caution for theft (even though I was an unknowing accomplice I still got done (similair to unknown possesion of stolen goods - what a silly law that is)) yet now aged 26 I can honestly say I am one of the nicest and mature people I know...
Original post by thesmileyone69
I do think you look too critically at people who have had problems in the past.

Like I consider myself a nice guy and good friend but even I have done drugs when I was young and stupid. As it happens I have a caution for possession of marijuana and a caution for theft (even though I was an unknowing accomplice I still got done (similair to unknown possesion of stolen goods - what a silly law that is)) yet now aged 26 I can honestly say I am one of the nicest and mature people I know...

It's an attitude I seem to have inherited from my parents - ''do not date anyone who has a bad past and etc''. I don't intentionally do it, but when you hear it time and time and time again, it's something that is ingrained into my brain. :dontknow:
The problem is you need to make mistakes in life otherwise you never learn anything from real experiences!
^^Agree with you.That's why I take this whole ''episode'' as one big lesson, and vow never again to fall for it. We all make mistakes and this surely is one of them!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by thesmileyone69
The problem is you need to make mistakes in life otherwise you never learn anything from real experiences!

True but I don't think you need to steal to learn that it's wrong to steal..

Quick Reply

Latest