The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

I'm postgrad and still haven't received an offer even though I applied way back in March. :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2261
Original post by member910132
Are you postgrad ?

No
Original post by Reggio
No

In which case I guess there lottery system has started and your name got pulled out the hat early. Was Nutford your first choice ?
Reply 2263
Offer for Carr-Saunders. If it helps, I applied a month after the opening and it was my first choice.
Original post by barrelbowl
Hey all I recently accepted my offer to study Msc. Accounting and Finance during Fall 2011.

I am trying to decide on accommodations. Do you think I should stick with LSE accommodations, or try and find private ones? I barely know anyone in London, so would like to be in a social situation conducive to forming friendships.

I have only lived in the U.S. all my life, so making the move across the Pond has been taking up some research and time.

Any suggestions on this whole painstaking, but somewhat celebratory, process would be much appreciated!

Definitely lse accommodation its so much easier to make new friends. You have a whole two year to live in private accommodation. No need for the the rush now! And hall life is so much fun
Original post by barrelbowl
I am trying to decide on accommodations. Do you think I should stick with LSE accommodations, or try and find private ones? I barely know anyone in London, so would like to be in a social situation conducive to forming friendships.

I think LSE accom as well :smile: All but Carr saunders and passfield have quotas for postgrad students and there are halls that are specifically for postgrad students only so it should be no problem meeting new people :smile:
Reply 2266
Hey!
I got my reply for accomodation: Grosvenor House!

Do you guys know how it is? from the pics rooms look quite small and the price is a bit expensive.
Also what's the cancellation policy? If I accept it now and then find something better and want to reject my offer? (lse accomodation office is not giving me replies).
Original post by anil10100
Quick question, I'm on hallpad, and I'm checking as to whether I'm eligible to apply for accomodation, it asks me to put in my UCAS number and DoB, when I put my UCAS number in it says it isn't a valid UCAS number and UCAS number's are meant to be 9 digits long (mines 10)? Anyone else?

mine didn't work either, you have to use the lse student number on your offer letter
Gotta offer from Northumberland House!!!! Anyone else heard?
Original post by val_vi
Hey!
I got my reply for accomodation: Grosvenor House!

Do you guys know how it is? from the pics rooms look quite small and the price is a bit expensive.
Also what's the cancellation policy? If I accept it now and then find something better and want to reject my offer? (lse accomodation office is not giving me replies).

I'm guessing you are postgrad, since you got into Grosvenor. Now, I can't speak from experience (I am going for my MSc this year), but from what I've heard Grosvenor House is actually quite good. I don't think the rooms are any smaller than any other accommodation to be honest and it may be more expensive but it is also closer to the school and a studio (personal bathroom, kitchen), so it is logical.

I think cancellation depends on your booking method, really. There's probably something relevant on the LSE website. Why isn't the office answering you? How long ago did you send them an email?

Question: If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply for accommodation?
Reply 2270
Original post by helen-2012
I'm guessing you are postgrad, since you got into Grosvenor. Now, I can't speak from experience (I am going for my MSc this year), but from what I've heard Grosvenor House is actually quite good. I don't think the rooms are any smaller than any other accommodation to be honest and it may be more expensive but it is also closer to the school and a studio (personal bathroom, kitchen), so it is logical.

I think cancellation depends on your booking method, really. There's probably something relevant on the LSE website. Why isn't the office answering you? How long ago did you send them an email?

Question: If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply for accommodation?

Thank you Helen!Yeah I'm a post grad, I'm the double Msc between Peking University and LSE.
I actually found some info about cancellation on the LSE website:smile:
About the application: I applied on April 11th, but I know of other people in my course who applied earlier and still didn't get a reply. it might depend on the Hall.
anyone going to intercollegiate halls? if so, which one? Garden halls are the best!
Reply 2272
I got an offer from rosebery for accom, does anyone know how many people it is to a bathroom/shower facilities or whateverrr?
I got an offer for Carr Saunders for a single room, was my first choice too ! Applied on the 12th of March :biggrin:
Who else got an offer for Bankside?? :biggrin:
Original post by 21Grapes

I really hope I will!
Original post by 21Grapes

I just did, where does it the say the price on the offer ?
And on mine it just says "single" does this mean that I have no chances for an en-suite ? Or does it say "single" on everyone's ?

Edit: are you doing econ ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2277
Original post by member910132
I just did, where does it the say the price on the offer ?
And on mine it just says "single" does this mean that I have no chances for an en-suite ? Or does it say "single" on everyone's ?

Edit: are you doing econ ?

Hello! Me too! I think it means that we're not getting the en suite. First choice was en suite too, but sharing with 1 other person isn't too bad. By the way, do you know how to check how much the room costs?
Original post by tkv1994
Hello! Me too! I think it means that we're not getting the en suite. First choice was en suite too, but sharing with 1 other person isn't too bad. By the way, do you know how to check how much the room costs?

I think its £180/week but that is what I read on the pdf on their website.

Are we sharing toilets with someone of the same gender or could it be the opposite one ?

What subject you doing ?
Reply 2279
Just got an offer from intercollegiate College Hall, but I'm gutted I didn't get into LSE accommodation. Is anyone else in the same situation? Terrfied I'm going to be isolated in a non-sociable hall!

Latest