The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham 2012 Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
I applied for my accommodation two weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. Should I be starting to worry? :s-smilie:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Toniaa
I applied for my accommodation two weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. Should I be starting to worry? :s-smilie:

No, just be patient. If you've firmed them, you're guaranteed accommodation. Nothing to worry about. :smile:
Reply 822
Original post by karateworm
I'm typing this from a shared bathroom room in Lenton and Wortley, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Hiii :smile: I accepted my offer of a one bedroom flat at L&W. Do you know anything about them? Also, any information you could give about the hall in general would be much appreciated. xx
Reply 823
Hi I have a conditional offer for nursing and have applied for rayliegh park ! :smile: any other nurses? or people that are going to stay in rayliegh park? x
Original post by Shaz51
I have accomodation at BGP. It's single study though. I am doing Chemical Engineering! :smile:

Wow chemical engineering sounds like a clever persons subject! Never know we might bump into eachother at Broadgate! Have you visited? It's such nice accomodation I was so impressed compared to some of the accomodation I've seen! really excited to start now, do you know when we can move in or anything? x
Reply 825
Original post by emilyjanee19
Firmed my offer for Law at Nottingham! :smile: and I've confirmed a large en-suite at Broadgate park! Anyone else doing law or have accomodation at Broadgate?

Hey I have also firmed an en suite at broadgate park :smile: so excited now!
I firmed the Eco and philosophy, anyone else doing the same? Feeling a bit lost with all the medics and lawyers lol :redface:
Reply 827
Hi everyone!

I'm an international student from Singapore and will be heading to Nottingham to study Law this year!

Any other international students studying Law as well? :biggrin:
Reply 828
Original post by emilyjanee19
Wow chemical engineering sounds like a clever persons subject! Never know we might bump into eachother at Broadgate! Have you visited? It's such nice accomodation I was so impressed compared to some of the accomodation I've seen! really excited to start now, do you know when we can move in or anything? x

Hahah...I dont know about Chemical Engineering but Law sure is a smart people thing! :P And yes, we might come to know each other at uni since we are in the same accomodation. :smile:)

I have never been to Nottingham and I have no idea how the accomodation is going to be like. I chose BGP 'cause it is the only selfcatered site closest to the main campus.

I am in a gap year and am bored to death now. I cannot wait till it all begins. We can move in from the 23rd Sept. , I think, because our contract starts on that day. :smile:)

EDIT: PS: Where have you been allocated to? I am at the ALPINES! :smile:)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 829
Firmed Notts to do Medicine :banana2:

So happy!! Also, how do I know when to apply for accommodation? Should I be receiving a letter, or how do I go about it?

Thanks everyone!
Hey all,

firmed nottingham for theology, had an offer for a studio at BGP, but considering finding my own accommodation- mainly to save some money. is that a good idea?
Reply 831
Original post by karateworm
I'm typing this from a shared bathroom room in Lenton and Wortley, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Hey, I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about the social side on Lenton, what the rooms are like if you've got shared private bathroom please! Also, do you have a little room on each floor for making coffee etc?
Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 832
Original post by CharleyChester
For future reference for anyone who has firmed and wants questions answering, just quote either myself, alex2606, Rachel08 or yahyahyahs and we'll try and answer any questions you have :smile:

Hey, I just have a question about accommodation...I can't decide what to pick! I think I want to go for self-catered, but there are none on University Park Campus - will that be a disadvantage if most of my lectures are there?
At the moment I'm looking at St Peter's Court and Broadgate Park. Would you say there are any advantages to one of these over the other? And I'm also worried about sharing a bathroom, because my older sister had a nightmare of a first year due to sharing with some boys who were really unhygenic...has anyone found this an issue?
Sorry, that's loads of questions! Thank you! :smile:
Original post by inceje
Hey, I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about the social side on Lenton, what the rooms are like if you've got shared private bathroom please! Also, do you have a little room on each floor for making coffee etc?
Thank you :biggrin:

Well, it's a University hall.. it's by nature very sociable. The hall is split into 12 blocks, there's 20 in my block (12)... the real joy of living in halls is how easy it is to meet people. All of my best friends live in my block.

I know a few people from different blocks, I could go out and meet a lot more if I wanted to, I just haven't. There's lots of opportunities to meet people: meal times, formals (we all get dressed up and have waiters bring us food! The St Patricks day one was great because we got unlimited free Guinness and an irish folk band), a common room.

My room is really good - walls are thick enough for my neighbours to not be a problem (unless they leave their doors open in a crazy COD-session :rolleyes:) and they're very big. You get a mini-fridge in every room too.

There's a kitchen on the middle floor with a microwave/kettle which is very useful.

The bathroom's are alright... obviously not luxury powershowers, but they do the job :smile:

The hall's got a good placement as well, 10 minutes walk to Sports Centre/5-10 for Portland/10 for the science bit of campus. On the road behind the hall (derby road) there's a bus stop right there which takes you to to town/the train station.
Reply 834
Original post by Mytol
Hey, I just have a question about accommodation...I can't decide what to pick! I think I want to go for self-catered, but there are none on University Park Campus - will that be a disadvantage if most of my lectures are there?
At the moment I'm looking at St Peter's Court and Broadgate Park. Would you say there are any advantages to one of these over the other? And I'm also worried about sharing a bathroom, because my older sister had a nightmare of a first year due to sharing with some boys who were really unhygenic...has anyone found this an issue?
Sorry, that's loads of questions! Thank you! :smile:

I was in the same situation as you but in the end I went with St. Peters Court its only like a 30 min walk away and there are free buses to the campus. I really like the look of the halls there too but brodgate park is only 10 mins away and the halls are pretty decent - its up to you really if you want nicer accommadation or be nearer to the campus :smile:
Reply 835
Just got my accommodation offer for single study in Willoughby. Anyone else there too?
Original post by Toniaa
Just got my accommodation offer for single study in Willoughby. Anyone else there too?

I'm in Willoughby too but I picked a shared ensuite! Hi there Tonia! :biggrin:
Reply 837
Original post by oliviagunapalan
I'm in Willoughby too but I picked a shared ensuite! Hi there Tonia! :biggrin:

Hi! I was going to pick shared ensuite, but I decided I wasn't too bothered about sharing a bathroom. I'm used to it :smile:
Original post by Toniaa
Hi! I was going to pick shared ensuite, but I decided I wasn't too bothered about sharing a bathroom. I'm used to it :smile:

I've never shared a bathroom before, so I was a bit paranoid about that. XD
Original post by Toniaa

Hi, I'm in a single study at Willoughby too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending