The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArcadiaHouse
So what do you call the man, then?

Original post by Captain Haddock
But not the man?

You can give the man whatever label you deem fit. I don't care.
Original post by badcheesecrispy
Why does having sex make a woman a slut?

It doesn't. It is the circumstances surrounding the sex that leaves her behaviour, and that of the man, open to question.
Reply 22
Why does having sex make a woman a slut? Why have no other posters mentioned the mans sexual deviancy?

Oh, wait, only women can be sluts.

Oh okay, the man is a manwhore, whose only tiny iota of wisdom lies in his boxers, happy now :smile:
Original post by aeterno
Was she allowed to finish? :cookie:

I'd probably never want to do the deed again if my latest romp were interrupted by swarthy bearded men donned in intimidating, encompassing cloaks.
Original post by Algorithm69
You can give the man whatever label you deem fit. I don't care.

But you seem to care a lot about labelling the woman. Why is that?
Original post by Good bloke
It doesn't. It is the circumstances surrounding the sex that leaves her behaviour, and that of the man, open to question.

But, its not anyone elses business what any person does with their bodily organs. Why is that so hard for so many people to understand?

What if, a man has a fat ugly wife/a woman has a fat ugly husband and other people oppose them ****ing as the idea is so vile. Do these people have this right? I'd say no, so why do people feel they have the right to dictate and judge other people's sex lives who arn't married?

This is disregarding that it was in dubai and illegal, in general, its got sod all to do with anyone who another person has sex with. I don't see why this is so hard to comprehend. Especially with women, society seems to think it is able to dictate to a womans sex life and who/when she is morally allowed to have sex. Society needs to understand it does not have this right and that people, including women have sexual needs and will satisfy them if they want to. Why people despise/feel so threatened by this I'll never know.

Crispy bad cheesey thinks these people need to grow some balls, and more appropriately their own lives.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Captain Haddock
But you seem to care a lot about labelling the woman. Why is that?

Because I am a straight male who is far more interested in assessing the conduct of women than men, as I have a vested interest in the former and not the latter when making decisions regarding potential relationships.

Further, I focused on the woman due to the thread title and the content of the article, which also focused on the woman.
(edited 11 years ago)
It's their country they can have whatever laws they want (within reason of course) who are we to tell them they are wrong it's their culture and law system we don't have the right to tell them that it's wrong. Same reason I get annoyed at people coming to our country and demanding we change to suit them it should never happen it's our culture if you don't like it then leave same for Brits abroad. It's not even some ridiculous strict Islamic law many countries police would arrest you for having sex in public.

Having said that she is hot so I wouldn't complain if she was doing it to me.
But, its not anyone elses business what any person does with their bodily organs. Why is that so hard for so many people to understand?

Well, it is when you do it in someone else's taxi.
(edited 11 years ago)
Because I am a straight male who is far more interested in assessing the conduct of women than men, as I have a vested interest in the former and not the latter when making decisions regarding potential relationships.

Further, I focused on the woman due to the thread title and the content of the article, which also focused on the woman.

But you are not making a decision regarding a potential relationship.
Reply 30
It's their law, both man and woman should have known about this. I don't see why Dubai should chnage their views for tourists, you idiots are always the first to tell foreignors to 'act more british' but suddenly it's a different country and you're saying they should change their views? Dubai has strict laws against this and these two were incredibly stupid to go against it. The punishment does seem harsh but 'when in Rome, do as the Romans do', i'm sure they were fully aware of what would happen so they really only have themselves to blame.
Reply 31
Er, having sex in someone's taxi is illegal here too.
Reply 32

Well thats a new excuse for sexism i havent seen before :rolleyes:

Hahahahaha Quality, +rep for you.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2145142/Rebecca-Blake-arrested-Dubai-having-sex-Conor-McRedmond-backseat-taxi.html

A British businesswoman faces up to three years in jail for allegedly having sex in a taxi in Dubai while she was drunk.
Rebecca Blake, 29, and Conor McRedmond were arrested after an all-day drinking binge.
They were held for five days and accused of having sex outside marriage and being drunk in a public place both criminal offences in the strict Islamic state.
Miss Blake, a recruitment consultant, met Irishman Mr McRedmond at The Irish Village, a hotel bar where patrons pay £10 a head for an all-you-can-drink brunch event. After drinking for 12 hours, the pair hailed a cab towards Dubai Marina.
Minutes later they were spotted in a passionate embrace by the driver in his rear view mirror, according to police reports.
Incensed by their behaviour, the driver stopped and complained to police in a patrol car parked nearby. When he returned with an officer, they saw Miss Blake having sex on the back seat of the cab with Mr McRedmond, it is alleged.
A source said: ‘They were completely drunk, started kissing and then got carried away. That’s when they started having sex.
‘When the police officer went over, he found the woman was completely naked and they were having sex on the back seat.’
Consumption of alcohol is punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to £340.

The case highlights the difficulties faced by more than 100,000 Britons who live in Dubai. Officials in the Gulf state have prosecuted several Britons for indecent behaviour over the past five years.
In 2008, Vince Acors, of Bromley, Kent, and Michelle Palmer, of Oakham, Rutland, were given three-month jail terms for having sex on Jumeirah Beach. They claimed they had simply been ‘kissing and cuddling’ and the sentences were suspended on appeal.
In 2010, estate agent Charlotte Adams and Ayman Najafi were jailed for one month by a Dubai court for kissing and fondling each other in a restaurant a breach of strict decency laws.

Not been, would never go. Dubai is flacid compared to other Islamic states, yet its laws like this one are outrageous. Foreign tourists should be exempt from these ridiculous laws.

Now, you can say that foreigners who come here must obey our laws yet many don't and continue their illegal cultural practices here, which is then ignored by the police, so why not in Dubai? The place is a hotspot for western tourists, its about time they changed their laws to accommodate so. They, despite being an islamic state sell alcohol to people (at £10 all you can drink?), enough to get them slaughtered (although it is apparently illegal and carries fines) yet woe betide you get seen in public drunk. On the other hand, this woman was careless and Dubai is one of the last places you would engage in this behaviour. Doesnt mean their laws arn't dictatory and ridiculous.

I lived in Dubai for six years, and cases like this is rare. Yes they accomodate drink, but being drunk in public is a big no-no there, and to be frank it should be here. It's a hell of a lot safer to walk home at night there I can tell you that.
Reply 35
I lived in Dubai for 5 years and by living in the UAE I had to abide by their laws. If I didn't like it, I had to leave, simple.
In Dubai they have strip clubs, prostitution, the lot. They just expect you to be somewhat civilised and NOT be kissing in public/having sex in the back of a friggin' taxi.

You expect foreigners to obey the laws in your own country which I assume is England.
Therefore saying foreigners should be exempt to laws in the UAE is purely hypocritical.
How would you like it if someone from a country where - lets say purely for exemplar purposes, murder is NOT illegal - came to England and casually started murdering people and he was allowed to get away with it because he's a foreigner and therefore doesn't have to obey the laws of the country he's in?
Silly really.
I think what the woman and man did in the taxi is revolting... I'm fine with them having sex but not in the back of a blooming taxi.
Original post by kunoichi
Well thats a new excuse for sexism i havent seen before :rolleyes:

Yeah, except I've already pointed out I don't mind what label people assign to the man. I have not argued he is not a 'manwhore', I'm apathetic to that question because of reasons already stated. However, if I assign the same criteria then of course he is a 'manwhore'.
Reply 37
TBH she was wrong for having sex in a taxi
and Dubai can make and enforce whatever rules they like.

That said, however Dubai may want to relax its laws when it comes to tourists as they seem to want to attract a lot of them. For many tourists from the West it is natural to hug/ kiss your partner and many people will do it without thinking. Also punishing tourists for having sex before marriage is ridiculous and I really think they need to accept that is our culture as we accept certain aspects of theirs when they come over here.

She should not have been charged for drinking either - if drinking is forbidden why is there somewhere that sells alcohol in Dubai?

Dubai is not going to continue to attract tourists for long on a large scale if it does not relax or get rid of some of its laws that conflict heavily with western culture.
Reply 38
Original post by Kya
I lived in Dubai for 5 years and by living in the UAE I had to abide by their laws. If I didn't like it, I had to leave, simple.
In Dubai they have strip clubs, prostitution, the lot. They just expect you to be somewhat civilised and NOT be kissing in public/having sex in the back of a friggin' taxi.

You expect foreigners to obey the laws in your own country which I assume is England.
Therefore saying foreigners should be exempt to laws in the UAE is purely hypocritical.
How would you like it if someone from a country where - lets say purely for exemplar purposes, murder is NOT illegal - came to England and casually started murdering people and he was allowed to get away with it because he's a foreigner and therefore doesn't have to obey the laws of the country he's in?Silly really.
I think what the woman and man did in the taxi is revolting... I'm fine with them having sex but not in the back of a blooming taxi.

As far as i can see muslims do just that - honour killings etc
£10 all you can drink?!?
TO DUBAI!

Latest

Trending

Trending