The Student Room Group

Higher Maths 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by rawragee
I'm really hoping the last question in paper 2 isn't a vectors question! I tried to do the 2009 paper the other day and the last question is a killer vector question :frown: I can do the normal vector stuff (find an angle, show they're perpendicular etc) but not like problem solving ones :frown:

that question was a killer, ngl! helps if you have done physics for that question:smile: im kinda hoping we get a comparable question tbh, just so there's something challenging in the paper :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 61
Original post by Reece:)
what did you call it haha? guessing you probably have an ancient teacher :P?

I don't think we even gave it a name haha! Yip, for half the year then he left
Reply 62
Original post by LLL17
I don't think we even gave it a name haha! Yip, for half the year then he left

aww, sounds like you'll do great if you were only taught half the course :P if you have any problems just ask:smile:!

Reply 63
aww, sounds like you'll do great if you were only taught half the course :P if you have any problems just ask:smile:!

Haha yeah I know! .. Thanks, I will :smile:
Reply 64
I am soooo scared! Maths is my favourite subject and I'm planning on taking adv. higher next year so I really need an A. I got an A in my prelim (just lol) So, I'm hoping I can do the same. I have no idea how to draw graphs of f'(x) though, but it never seems to come up (in the past papers i've done anyway lol.
Original post by rawragee
I'm really hoping the last question in paper 2 isn't a vectors question! I tried to do the 2009 paper the other day and the last question is a killer vector question :frown: I can do the normal vector stuff (find an angle, show they're perpendicular etc) but not like problem solving ones :frown:

It looks okay to me - what did you find tricky?
Original post by dead101
I have no idea how to draw graphs of f'(x) though, but it never seems to come up (in the past papers i've done anyway lol.

Sketch f'(x) the same way you'd sketch any other function.
Reply 67
Original post by dead101
I am soooo scared! Maths is my favourite subject and I'm planning on taking adv. higher next year so I really need an A. I got an A in my prelim (just lol) So, I'm hoping I can do the same. I have no idea how to draw graphs of f'(x) though, but it never seems to come up (in the past papers i've done anyway lol.

I have seen this a few times in older past papers, but don't fret about it, aslong as you can do everything else

Reply 68
Original post by TheUnbeliever
Sketch f'(x) the same way you'd sketch any other function.

Yeah, but i get confused about the shape of it. I get how to do it, but idk I never get the right answer.
Reply 69
that question was a killer, ngl! helps if you have done physics for that question:smile: im kinda hoping we get a comparable question tbh, just so there's something challenging in the paper :P

Okay, this is weird, but I only know one person who would like a challenging question & is really good at maths. Name is also Reece. It's either a Reece thing, or you are the same person! Haha
Reply 70
Original post by LLL17
Okay, this is weird, but I only know one person who would like a challenging question & is really good at maths. Name is also Reece. It's either a Reece thing, or you are the same person! Haha

aye lauren, it's me, ahaha! i wasn't sure if it was you either:tongue:.. saw you talking about glas menagerie and box room earlier so sorta figured :P! :wink:

Reply 71
aye lauren, it's me, ahaha! i wasn't sure if it was you either:tongue:.. saw you talking about glas menagerie and box room earlier so sorta figured :P! :wink:

Lauren? .. My name isn't Lauren :/
Jk, hi Reece :smile:! Okay, don't wish for a hard question & when have we ever called those thing optimisation questions? Hahaha
Reply 72
Original post by LLL17
Lauren? .. My name isn't Lauren :/
Jk, hi Reece :smile:! Okay, don't wish for a hard question & when have we ever called those thing optimisation questions? Hahaha

haha, but we do need some kind of question as a challenge:smile:! we have never called it that in class to be fair, but the other higher class do call it that so i just sorta adopted the name :P

Reply 73
haha, but we do need some kind of question as a challenge:smile:! we have never called it that in class to be fair, but the other higher class do call it that so i just sorta adopted the name :P

No we dont We can live without that haha! Aw okay, I can't do those questions anyway :L .. I knew this was you from the first comment cause of the way you wrote & the way you explained things. I was going to send you a message saying "mouldy Easter egg" but I thought it would look really creepy if I was wrong hahaha!
Reply 74
Original post by LLL17
No we dont We can live without that haha! Aw okay, I can't do those questions anyway :L .. I knew this was you from the first comment cause of the way you wrote & the way you explained things. I was going to send you a message saying "mouldy Easter egg" but I thought it would look really creepy if I was wrong hahaha!

Yes you can do them, believe in yourself and stay positive haha, yeahh... hard to type things on an ipod:P

Reply 75
Yes you can do them, believe in yourself and stay positive haha, yeahh... hard to type things on an ipod:P

You underestimate my power of badness in maths haha! .. But I'll try *I will pass* haha
Reply 76
Original post by LLL17
You underestimate my power of badness in maths haha! .. But I'll try *I will pass* haha

I'd hate to see your english essays after that sentence... :P but yes you can pass:smile:

I'm quite confident about it, but I really hope it's not a repeat of 2010 with a complicated optimisation question. Paper 2 of 2010 was absolutely brutal.
Reply 78
I'd hate to see your english essays after that sentence... :P but yes you can pass:smile:

Power of badness is a good phrase okay? .. Hahaha
Reply 79
Would anyone happen to have any good optimisation questions? :smile: I only got a C for my prelim but in my house I have done many past papers and get between 60-80% so I am hoping for an overall B

Quick Reply

Latest