The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology B3 paper 15th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chloee123
It think that's about the yoghurt production (your answer)

my bad... i meant that!
Could someone post the mark scheme if they have it please? X
Original post by rosie.sawyer
Could someone post the mark scheme if they have it please? X

It would be greatly appreciated!
If someone just even has the questions then could they post that? I'm sure once we had the questions we'd be able to ork out a pretty accurate mark scheme!
Reply 24
yh the question about the lactobacillus and the brine was supposed to go somehting like this (i think):

The Brine is added after the process of adding Aspergillus mould and adds to the salty flavour of the sauce, it also preserves the sauce and so prolongs shelf life. The Lactobacillus is then added with yeast and this stops the activities of Aspergillus and ferments the sugars produced by the breakdown of carbohydrates.

tht should give you the marks :P i hope ...
Reply 25
Agrobacterium tumerfaciens how does it become the recombinant???

that exam actually annoyed me, i took poride learing all the bacteria names and their uses as well as the medicine and it did not even come up.
Reply 26
For the soy sauce production I said the brine was used to add flavour and the lactobacillus was used to stop the actiOn of the aspergillosis mould. Would that give me enough marks or is that too vague :/?
anyone??
Reply 28
What is the ICP gene? i have my exam on monday the 21st will it be the same?
anyone got the unofficial mark scheme link?
Original post by nervouspupil123
on second thoughts, I'm not sure this is right, i thought the lactobacillus was added after the aspergillus, i think its the other way round mate

Yeh your right, The lactobacillus is added AFTER the aspergillus!
Original post by Chloee123
For the soy sauce production I said the brine was used to add flavour and the lactobacillus was used to stop the actiOn of the aspergillosis mould. Would that give me enough marks or is that too vague :/?

Well the bit about the Brine is right but i think that the bit about the lactobacillus is a bit too brief, a 2 out of 3 max i would say there.
Reply 32
did people find this hard, easy or just okay? Trying to get an idea to what the grade boundaries may be like. Do you think it will be in the 50s?
Reply 33
Original post by 07sid
did people find this hard, easy or just okay? Trying to get an idea to what the grade boundaries may be like. Do you think it will be in the 50s?

@07sid - the boundary will probably be between 50-53. I think it will be 52, but hopefully it could be lower. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending