The Student Room Group

OCR B G491, 17th May 2012 Morning.

Scroll to see replies

I think I got about 45, Damn i lost 2 marks on the most stupidest thing ever. on the pixel question I wrote down the length of the arrow and length of the diagonal of the picture then i forgot to do 3.7/16.3 in front when calculating the light year, only remembered after the exams and chatting to my friends about it. FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML. Also I think the polymer question didn't went to well....
For the estimating the power I did 5W and 50W... dafaq
Reply 241
so what was the answer to the light years one?
Reply 242
Has anyone made an unofficial Mark scheme for this exam yet?
Reply 243
Original post by Kabelan1
Has anyone made an unofficial Mark scheme for this exam yet?

I would do one, except some of my answers that i remembered are wrong and cant really remember all the Q :P
Reply 244
Original post by ila4e123
I would do one, except some of my answers that i remembered are wrong and cant really remember all the Q :P

Ok no problem, how did you find the test, easier then past papers, or slightly harder, or hardest so far.

ill say the test was 7/10 for me, 1 being awful, and 10 being amazing
Reply 245
Original post by Kabelan1
Ok no problem, how did you find the test, easier then past papers, or slightly harder, or hardest so far.

ill say the test was 7/10 for me, 1 being awful, and 10 being amazing

considering its my 2nd attempt of this paper, worse than january 2012 so 5 to 6 out of 10 on your scale.

the Qs today werent really popular in previous years tbh and some were not even phys related to the topics!
ie: estimating power of a kettle and strain on elastic band
the voltage calibration Q on finding the resistance i got a v high number which prob wrong, the diameter of andromeda i wasnt sure to use the horizontal or vertical pixel, calculating bandwidth etc etc etc lol
Reply 246
considering its my 2nd attempt of this paper, worse than january 2012 so 5 to 6 out of 10 on your scale.

the Qs today werent really popular in previous years tbh and some were not even phys related to the topics!
ie: estimating power of a kettle and strain on elastic band
the voltage calibration Q on finding the resistance i got a v high number which prob wrong, the diameter of andromeda i wasnt sure to use the horizontal or vertical pixel, calculating bandwidth etc etc etc lol

I was so gutted about the question on lens, instead of taking the "u" as a negative I took it as a positive, so I got 99.9, instead of 100. something. easy marks I lost. several people found the exam hard, hopefully the grade boundaries are low this time, and I totally agree that jan's paper was easier then this paper.
Original post by When you see it...
Really? Well done! What did you put for the last question and the bandwidth question?

Last question I said the fixed polarisation lens would partially polarise all light entering the eye, then when the right eye image is displayed, the left eye lens would have a voltage applied across its non-fixed polarisation lens that would fully polarise all light getting to the left eye, so only the right eye would see the right eye image, and vice versa.

For bandwidth I put the same as the bits/second, about 9 GHz

Those two and a couple of the voltage ones are the ones I'm not 100% on.
Reply 248
for the stress at the breaking breaking point of an elastic band, i got 5, its bound to extend at least 5 times before breaking! but 0.5 sounds like a better estimate ngl..
Reply 249
Original post by Ashlee93
so what was the answer to the light years one?

i got about 33000 light years i think but might of done it wrong
Reply 250

i got that too, hopefully its right
Reply 251
Original post by Dhanu123
i got that too, hopefully its right

yess! lets hope so coz it was worth 3 marks amazingly!

i got that too :P

FFs I forgot to put the3.6/16.3 before the final calculation. but i wrote down the length of the arrow and diagonal . So i'll prob get 1 marks, maybe 2 if the examinar is nice...
FFS i wish we got like 70min for the paper because with 60min you get no time to check answers....
Now need to concentrate on A2 physics exam G495.. field and particles it's on june 11th... -_-
the diameter of andromeda i wasnt sure to use the horizontal or vertical pixel,

They both gave the same (to 10^-6) value, so I don't think it mattered (I checked in the exam!).

Original post by GreenLantern1
Then get off here and concentrate lol you ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDwQJ64UpFQ
haha the kid who raged at me got banned.
Anyone here doing unit 2 a week today?
Reply 258
Original post by When you see it...
Anyone here doing unit 2 a week today?

yup :frown: im so scared :frown:
Original post by Rhiiannaa
yup :frown: im so scared :frown:

What questions do you think they will ask on the advance notice? The third article (on Cavendish's gravity experiment thing) is really complicated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending