Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf
That's cos you're thinking of us. :h:

the camping thread has brought back good memories :smile:

Original post by AmiB
Im wide awake but in a **** mood and the tears have reappeared too :cry2:

:hugs: you have anything you can distract yourself with maybe? like a book or tv? even listening some music can help if you feel down :smile:
Original post by AmiB

:hugs:
Original post by AmiB

:hugs: I don't suppose you're a South Park fan? Somehow watching that show just magically makes me feel better, practically every time.

Original post by SciFiBoy

Same here. :excited: More to come!

:smile: currently debating whether to go the London Expo next week, would like to, but not sure I can face going along on my own though :erm:
:smile: currently debating whether to go the London Expo next week, would like to, but not sure I can face going along on my own though :erm:

Be good to get out the house. I can be a bit off with there being crowds when I'm on my own personally, but it's better to give it a go after all, and you deserve to go out and have some fun. :yep:
Reply 1445

:hugs: you have anything you can distract yourself with maybe? like a book or tv? even listening some music can help if you feel down :smile:

Original post by rmhumphries
:hugs:

:hugs: I don't suppose you're a South Park fan? Somehow watching that show just magically makes me feel better, practically every time.

Thanks guys, just listening to Harry Potter at the moment and trying to concentrate on not sleeping in the hope I will trick myself into sleeping. Just finished book one and started book two, gone downstairs to try out the sofa because was getting nowhere in the bed.

Not really watched south park, might give it a try sometime but don't want to wake the rest of the house atm, listening through headphones now.
Be good to get out the house. I can be a bit off with there being crowds when I'm on my own personally, but it's better to give it a go after all, and you deserve to go out and have some fun. :yep:

true, it would, but doing these things scares me normally a bit, yet alone on my own :redface: fun would be good though! gah!

Original post by AmiB
Thanks guys, just listening to Harry Potter at the moment and trying to concentrate on not sleeping in the hope I will trick myself into sleeping. Just finished book one and started book two, gone downstairs to try out the sofa because was getting nowhere in the bed.

Not really watched south park, might give it a try sometime but don't want to wake the rest of the house atm, listening through headphones now.

Harry Potter is awesome :yep:
Reply 1447
true, it would, but doing these things scares me normally a bit, yet alone on my own :redface: fun would be good though! gah!

Harry Potter is awesome :yep:

End of book 1 was well scary! :scared:
Original post by AmiB
End of book 1 was well scary! :scared:

ah, yeah hehe :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 1449
ah, yeah hehe :smile:

Spoiler

Yeah, sadly this wasn't the first time I've read it so wasn't so shocked, bit forgot how creepy it was! My baby cousin will be awake in an hour and a half, looks like it will be zero hours sleep for me tonight.:hmpf:
Original post by AmiB
Yeah, sadly this wasn't the first time I've read it so wasn't so shocked, bit forgot how creepy it was! My baby cousin will be awake in an hour and a half, looks like it will be zero hours sleep for me tonight.:hmpf:

if it was would be shocking lol :tongue: aw, damn :hugs: maybe you can sleep better tonight?
Reply 1451
if it was would be shocking lol :tongue: aw, damn :hugs: maybe you can sleep better tonight?

Lets hope so.
Original post by AmiB
Lets hope so.

I'll cross my fingers for you for extra luck :smile:
Was all fine again (at least in pretence) about my sister going but now she's literally just left I'm in pieces :cry2: I have hypersomnia atm which really sucks cos my exams are so soon so I bought some caffeine tablets and took them tonight so I'm very awake (with a headache) and did a bit of studying which was good but now I'm all upset I can't focus so decided to go to bed but I'm so awake and with a headache I can't sleep. :cry2: :sigh:
Original post by ViceVersa
Was all fine again (at least in pretence) about my sister going but now she's literally just left I'm in pieces :cry2: I have hypersomnia atm which really sucks cos my exams are so soon so I bought some caffeine tablets and took them tonight so I'm very awake (with a headache) and did a bit of studying which was good but now I'm all upset I can't focus so decided to go to bed but I'm so awake and with a headache I can't sleep. :cry2: :sigh:

maybe if you try and think about when you will see her again? might be more comforting than just thinking about that she's left for you? caffeine tablets will do that sadly, maybe take a painkiller for the headache? that should ease the pain and might also help you sleep :hugs:
Reply 1455
Original post by Anonymous

Thanks for telling me about your experience :hugs:

Yeah, I'm 18 (19 in November), so I don't know whether that would effect things. I was re-referred from CAMHS to the "psychological well-being service" so I'm guessing they didn't think they could be of much help? :dontknow:

Have you find the crisis team helpful? Did you find staying in hospital any use? I think the problem is that I'm not quite sure exactly how bad you have to feel to think A&E is the best option :s-smilie: I'm so used to just waiting it out.

The crisis team I have found to be a bit hit and miss, sometimes they are ok, sometimes I find they do not help much at the time, however in hindsight it has been good to have someone aware of how I am doing and they have provided support to my other half who doubles as my carer on occasions. Hospital stays have been useful for me, recent ones have been short stays until I have calmed down enough to employ various coping strategies at home, I found the ward I was on did not do much in the way of therapy though it was more having time to remind myself of the CBT stuff I had learnt previously but within a safer environment. I do not know if that is the same everywhere though as when I was 16 (and in a different part of the country) I had a three month stay in an adolescent unit and they did assertiveness, CBT, art therapy, group therapy and family therapy which was very helpful.

Might be worth asking why they have changed the referral to a different service as there could be lots of reasons (e.g. their waiting list may mean you will be 19 by the time they can see you and at that point you should technically be under adult services) and also what the psychological well-being service offers.
maybe if you try and think about when you will see her again? might be more comforting than just thinking about that she's left for you? caffeine tablets will do that sadly, maybe take a painkiller for the headache? that should ease the pain and might also help you sleep :hugs:

Tried all that and managed to get to sleep so thanks :smile: and yeah I will see her in 8 days so it could be worse I guess..
***** receptionist who wouldn't listen to me yesterday sent the wrong ****ing thing to my GP, so it doesn't mention the quetiapine increase. I've been on the phone all morning trying to sort this ****ing mess out because some stupid **** doesn't listen. What did I say yesterday? That they'd mess it up. Why am I always right about this kind of ****? ****ing retards. Won't get the prescription before the weekend now so I'm on the lower dose until I can get it.

Stupid ****ing retard psychiatrist only gave me 2 weeks because she likes making life hard for me. ***** receptionists don't listen because they're *****. And GP surgeries are always ****ing engaged because they're a bunch of morons. :mad:
These dreams are too real and I want them to stop. I do not have a ****ing bat attached to my ear, or any other of the **** that went on.

Original post by Sabertooth
***** receptionist who wouldn't listen to me yesterday sent the wrong ****ing thing to my GP, so it doesn't mention the quetiapine increase. I've been on the phone all morning trying to sort this ****ing mess out because some stupid **** doesn't listen. What did I say yesterday? That they'd mess it up. Why am I always right about this kind of ****? ****ing retards. Won't get the prescription before the weekend now so I'm on the lower dose until I can get it.

Stupid ****ing retard psychiatrist only gave me 2 weeks because she likes making life hard for me. ***** receptionists don't listen because they're *****. And GP surgeries are always ****ing engaged because they're a bunch of morons. :mad:

:hugs: That ****ing sucks big time. I know there's such a thing as human error but what the hell is it with the NHS and their constantly giving out inaccurate prescriptions? Happens to me all the time too - yesterday, and fortunately this wasn't one of the times when it could have been actually detrimental to me, my GP tried to prescribe me a third of a packet of complan. Not helpful. :indiff:

If you want to vent your anger more (and you're entitled), put in a complaint about the receptionist (and the doctors behind her?) - she's putting your health at risk with this, and it's not like she even gives a ****. Could be she's done the same with other patients, or might do in the future, and some good could actually come of your complaining.

Speaking of which, I might go fill in my complaint about the abysmal state of the ovens in halls... :colone:

Rant rant rant RANT RANT!!!!!
Original post by ViceVersa
Tried all that and managed to get to sleep so thanks :smile: and yeah I will see her in 8 days so it could be worse I guess..

cool :smile: glad it helped! hope you are doing a bit better today!

Latest