The Student Room Group

OCR C2 Exam May 18th 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by needtosucceed=)
is that the same as recurrence relations?

is what the same, what do you mean..? :s-smilie:
Reply 362
Original post by J.C
Do you think they would allow "repeating"?

identical question is found in may 2008, 2ii)

answers accepted were "repeating/periodic/cyclic" and it was noted that any equivalent comment is accepted.
Reply 363
Original post by kenann

answers accepted were "repeating/periodic/cyclic" and it was noted that any equivalent comment is accepted.

Thought I had done it before and got the mark. Fingers crossed they haven't got more strict. I asked Mr.M over in his answers. If I get that mark it should hopefully be 69/72 for me.
Original post by a10
i got all those except the radius was sq root of 225 if i remember so just 15 the pi's cancelled out

Was just about to panic when I saw the other post as I got radius = sqrt 225 = 15 too! :smile:
Reply 365
Original post by kenann
yes, and that is the correct answer

How about fluctuating?
Reply 366
Original post by Ursin
How about fluctuating?

although that word does mean 'rise and fall', it probably won't be in the mark scheme. it's upto the examiner to decide whether he/she accepts that word. i personally would have difficulty deciding because it doesn't describe a repeating pattern, just a contrast.
Reply 367
Original post by kenann
although that word does mean 'rise and fall', it probably won't be in the mark scheme. it's upto the examiner to decide whether he/she accepts that word. i personally would have difficulty deciding because it doesn't describe a repeating pattern, just a contrast.

I wrote that it fluctuates between (the two values, I can't remember what they were). Would that count?
Grade boundary predictions anyone?
Reply 369
Original post by Ursin
I wrote that it fluctuates between (the two values, I can't remember what they were). Would that count?

oh, then yes, you should get the mark.
damn, minused the ones i think i got wrong, marking quite harshly got 59 out of 72, just hope that's enough for an A..
lol anyone hopeful that for 9 part i, they'll get a mark just for writing -1 < r < 1 as that's how i left it..
Ran out of time and ended up not having enough to attempt the 5b because I skipped it earlier after panicking and wasting lots of time doing random scribbles before I realised I should do simultaneous eqns. Just as the invigilators were saying 'Stop writing now please' I was writing my answer for the last question. Think I might have only just got an A so I'm a bit gutted because I knew how to do everything on that paper, just didn't have enough time to finish it :/ Sucks when that happens. Both times i've sat Chem1 I ran out of time as well, I don't know what it is, lots of other people manage to finish early, but it's damn annoying.
Reply 373
Original post by Katherine1
I found that awful! So much harder than past papers, and I didn't finish a few questions because I ran out of time... For me, that was my worst exam ever eughhhhhhhhh I'm so annoyed at myself!

:hugs: At least it's over! :biggrin:
Reply 374
Original post by kenann

I'd just done that paper the night before so when I saw it in the exam this morning I was like :smug: one mark in the bag, BOOYEAH
Reply 375
Original post by katles
I'd just done that paper the night before so when I saw it in the exam this morning I was like :smug: one mark in the bag, BOOYEAH

yea, same. got 71 on that paper, the only mark lost being...

oh god i can't even say it

...an addition error
are grade boundaries people thinking around 60ish.. ?
made so many stupid little mistakes!!
Reply 377
It seems to me most people found it difficult so hopefully the grade boundaries will be low... :biggrin:
Reply 378
for question 7aii) if you put [(2√10)+pi]/7 would you get any marks or did it have to be negative? or would this even remove it from its exact form?
Reply 379
For the log ratio one, did people get
0 < y < 2 since you can't take log of negative number?

Quick Reply

Latest