The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1460
Managed to get to sleep about 5 and then was woken up by the baba at half 7, what joy... Been on the verge of tears ever since :cry2:
Original post by AmiB
Managed to get to sleep about 5 and then was woken up by the baba at half 7, what joy... Been on the verge of tears ever since :cry2:

:jumphug: are you not able to get a nap during the day maybe? if the sleep problems are ongoing maybe speak to your GP as well, might be something they can do to help!
Original post by SciFiBoy
cool :smile: glad it helped! hope you are doing a bit better today!

Yep :smile: and a bit wobbly tbh. You?
Reply 1463
:jumphug: are you not able to get a nap during the day maybe? if the sleep problems are ongoing maybe speak to your GP as well, might be something they can do to help!

Just been getting worse over the past few days and seeing as I am away from uni I'm not seeing my GP for over a week or so, but thanks anyway, might try to nap later but with the baba here it becomes hard to find the time bless him! How are you doing today?

I'm aware my posts have been rather moany and self-centred recently, will try to post less moody and more helpful over the next few days. Hope everyone is having a good day today :hugs:
Original post by ViceVersa
Yep :smile: and a bit wobbly tbh. You?

im okay, just woke up :tongue: still exhausted as well so will probably fall asleep again during the afternoon :erm: really not a healthy sleep pattern probably, but oh well, at least getting sleep, even if it is during the day!
Taking anti-biotics and medication makes me have no self awareness. Lol.
im okay, just woke up :tongue: still exhausted as well so will probably fall asleep again during the afternoon :erm: really not a healthy sleep pattern probably, but oh well, at least getting sleep, even if it is during the day!

I wish I could do this. All I keep doing is sleeping constantly.

That tends to be my motto too :tongue:
Original post by AmiB
Just been getting worse over the past few days and seeing as I am away from uni I'm not seeing my GP for over a week or so, but thanks anyway, might try to nap later but with the baba here it becomes hard to find the time bless him! How are you doing today?

I'm aware my posts have been rather moany and self-centred recently, will try to post less moody and more helpful over the next few days. Hope everyone is having a good day today :hugs:

:hugs: hopefully you get some sleep anyway :smile: im alright, wishing my mood was more stable and my social anxiety wasn't so bad so I could actually feel able to do things tbh though!

that's okay, is what the thread is here for really!
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
I wish I could do this. All I keep doing is sleeping constantly.

I seem to go in phases, sometimes I don't sleep for like 3 days, when on my old meds I slept all the time, and atm just seem to be kinda nocturnal! is crazy really, but idk, never had a normal sleep pattern for more than like a week anyway. I hope you get more regular sleep soon :smile:

Original post by ViceVersa
That tends to be my motto too :tongue:

hooray for sleep when it comes! for now awake so gonna make a pizza!
By the way people: I've lost the last massive quote I was gonna do answering people last week (think I might have to create a back up system... :colondollar:) - some of it was just random crap chatting and stuff, but I'm pretty sure there were one or two serious conversations in there too, and I'd like to continue them if the other people were finding it helpful too. :smile: The list was really long and what with all the stuff that's been going on I'm never going to remember who I was talking to and about what, but if anybody wants to re-start a conversation we were having, or if I gave some indicator I was working on some advice or whatever for you, just quote me about it. :smile:
Reply 1471
Tidying my flat so people can come over for predrinks... probably shouldn't have offered to have it here, it's so much effort. Though the flat needs to be tidy after the exam chaos so I guess it's a good thing.
Original post by d123
Tidying my flat so people can come over for predrinks... probably shouldn't have offered to have it here, it's so much effort. Though the flat needs to be tidy after the exam chaos so I guess it's a good thing.

seeing friends for drinks is good though? :smile: I just got a phone call from my dad, gonna go out tomorrow night and watch the football in a bar together, so that should be cool :smile: get out the house and free booze as my dad is paying :woo: he has no idea what he has let himself in for, specially if Chelsea lose as I will taunt him horrendously :tongue:
Reply 1473
seeing friends for drinks is good though? :smile: I just got a phone call from my dad, gonna go out tomorrow night and watch the football in a bar together, so that should be cool :smile: get out the house and free booze as my dad is paying :woo: he has no idea what he has let himself in for, specially if Chelsea lose as I will taunt him horrendously :tongue:

Yeah, it should be a good night :smile: Just quite tired and not in the mood for tidying up (but when am I ever? :P)

That sounds like a lovely evening you've got planned there!
Original post by d123
Yeah, it should be a good night :smile: Just quite tired and not in the mood for tidying up (but when am I ever? :P)

That sounds like a lovely evening you've got planned there!

cool :smile: I don't think anyone likes tidying hehe!

yep :smile: I like seeing my dad and football and drinking is always a good combo :biggrin:

Sounds really good, just don't torment the poor man too much. :tongue:
Original post by AmiB

Don't worry, you are allowed to moan :hugs:

Original post by superwolf
By the way people: I've lost the last massive quote I was gonna do answering people last week (think I might have to create a back up system... :colondollar:) - some of it was just random crap chatting and stuff, but I'm pretty sure there were one or two serious conversations in there too, and I'd like to continue them if the other people were finding it helpful too. :smile: The list was really long and what with all the stuff that's been going on I'm never going to remember who I was talking to and about what, but if anybody wants to re-start a conversation we were having, or if I gave some indicator I was working on some advice or whatever for you, just quote me about it. :smile:

I am pretty sure you were going to tell me about all the cider you were making for me, and all the pizza you were buying me... :h:
Original post by rmhumphries
I am pretty sure you were going to tell me about all the cider you were making for me, and all the pizza you were buying me... :h:

Riiiiiiiiiiiight... Keep on dreaming, young fella me-lad. :rolleyes:
Original post by superwolf
These dreams are too real and I want them to stop. I do not have a ****ing bat attached to my ear, or any other of the **** that went on.

:hugs: That ****ing sucks big time. I know there's such a thing as human error but what the hell is it with the NHS and their constantly giving out inaccurate prescriptions? Happens to me all the time too - yesterday, and fortunately this wasn't one of the times when it could have been actually detrimental to me, my GP tried to prescribe me a third of a packet of complan. Not helpful. :indiff:

If you want to vent your anger more (and you're entitled), put in a complaint about the receptionist (and the doctors behind her?) - she's putting your health at risk with this, and it's not like she even gives a ****. Could be she's done the same with other patients, or might do in the future, and some good could actually come of your complaining.

Speaking of which, I might go fill in my complaint about the abysmal state of the ovens in halls... :colone:

Rant rant rant RANT RANT!!!!!

A bat? Do you mean like a baseball bat or the rabid animal? You know bats in Britain commonly have rabies? I found that an interesting fact. :fyi:

Hmmm...you know I might put a complaint in about her. :beard: Caused me so much ****ing stress today, everyone is perpetually engaged so I get put in the queue for 45minutes each time. Called the GP 6 times, each time they were engaged, called the psychiatrist a further 4 times, again they were engaged too. :mad: BUT, the right thing has finally been sent to the GP (I think) but the doctor isn't there right now so can't write the prescription. Will I get it before everywhere closes? :iiam:

Seriously, who the **** would try to cheat the NHS out of extra quetiapine :s-smilie: why not just ****ing trust me? Or at least not mess up a billion times.

I read about your oven. :console: Must be ****ing annoying. That was one good thing about my halls, the oven was rather good.
Original post by Sabertooth
A bat? Do you mean like a baseball bat or the rabid animal? You know bats in Britain commonly have rabies? I found that an interesting fact. :fyi:

Hmmm...you know I might put a complaint in about her. :beard: Caused me so much ****ing stress today, everyone is perpetually engaged so I get put in the queue for 45minutes each time. Called the GP 6 times, each time they were engaged, called the psychiatrist a further 4 times, again they were engaged too. :mad: BUT, the right thing has finally been sent to the GP (I think) but the doctor isn't there right now so can't write the prescription. Will I get it before everywhere closes? :iiam:

Seriously, who the **** would try to cheat the NHS out of extra quetiapine :s-smilie: why not just ****ing trust me? Or at least not mess up a billion times.

I read about your oven. :console: Must be ****ing annoying. That was one good thing about my halls, the oven was rather good.

The rabid animal. It's rare, but you still do get the odd case of someone dying of rabies in Britain - some guy who studied bats up in Scotland died of it a few years back.

Do it! I've now written my complaint about the ****ty oven - it's very long, uses a lot of words like 'disgraceful' and 'unacceptable' and there's even a bit where I mention how my mental health may have been adversely affected by the situation (serious point - got so much trouble with eating anyway, knowing I can't cook anything properly I think genuinely has made this harder) - and having a massive long rant has actually helped a bit, and will of course make the world a better place and allow us to work together for the benefit of mankind (that's a direct translation from one of my Russian orals :tongue:).

I need to call the psychiatrist too, should probably be doing that right now in fact. Still, got through to the secretary straight away last time (think I've got a more direct number) so I'm hoping it won't be too bad).

Good luck with the quetiapine acquisition. :cool:

Latest