The Student Room Group

AQA S1 May 18

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JulietheCat
The new mean? If so, you had to times your old mean by 175 to find the sum of x. Then just add the new amount of letters and divide by 175.

or you can do like i did just add 280 to the 54 in the calc and find mean using the calc
Reply 21
U dont do 639 638 etc as it doesnt say they were chosen without replacement i think

I dont think i read it right and just did it for the lot
So i put 3 seperate ans done :/

Also norm dist with the 5kg and 10kg Forgot to do it

Otherwise everything was fine
Should get at least the 71 i need for an A
Reply 22
Original post by uxa595
U dont do 639 638 etc as it doesnt say they were chosen without replacement i think

I dont think i read it right and just did it for the lot
So i put 3 seperate ans done :/

Also norm dist with the 5kg and 10kg Forgot to do it

Otherwise everything was fine
Should get at least the 71 i need for an A

Haha you didnt get the 4 mark probability question and you didnt do the easy normal dist question worth more than 6 marks , and you expect atleast 71? out of 75? You will get it maybe if the examiner is drunk
By thw way you have to do 640 639 and 638
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by kj14
Haha you didnt get the 4 mark probability question and you didnt do the easy normal dist question worth more than 6 marks , and you expect atleast 71? out of 75? You will get it maybe if the examiner is drunk
By thw way you have to do 640 639 and 638

71 ums moron
I only need 71 for an A in AS and A2 overall
Reply 24
Original post by uxa595
71 ums moron
I only need 71 for an A in AS and A2 overall

oh sorry :frown:
Original post by kj14
or you can do like i did just add 280 to the 54 in the calc and find mean using the calc

I actually fetched sigma x from my calculator, added 280 to it and divided by 175. No biggie.

Overall, the exam was average. The paper clips question kinda stumped me at first. I eventually figured out that you use binomial formula for the first part and the last two with tables. I added the two probabilities for part b as it was the OR rule.

In the bleach question, did we have to use x - ns for the mean claim? Cos I didn't.

Explaining was tough but the calculations and the overall exam was pretty average. Linear interpolation didn't come up though. :frown:
Reply 26
How much was the final probability q worth
Reply 27
Original post by uxa595
How much was the final probability q worth

was that the binomial one? I think that the confidence inteval one was 11 marks and teh Normal distributin was 13 marks.
I ****ed this exam up :L
Reply 29
Original post by Butdidudie
was that the binomial one? I think that the confidence inteval one was 11 marks and teh Normal distributin was 13 marks.

No, i mean the final part of the house/toilet probability one, which came after the bit u had to prove the 2 things werent independant
Reply 30
Pretty avg exam i think
Nothing too yet yet not to hard either considering stats is always easy

Cant believe i missed out 6 marks and that Bedroom prob question was worded retardedly.
Reply 31
Original post by uxa595
No, i mean the final part of the house/toilet probability one, which came after the bit u had to prove the 2 things werent independant

4 marks i think
Original post by uxa595

I think that was 3 marks.
Reply 33
For the last probability question, wouldn't the denominator be 194 (or something like that) because it said that they picked from only the 3 bedroom houses.

So wouldn't it be probability of having either 2,3, 4 or more toilets GIVEN that its a 3 bedroom house
Reply 34
Original post by andyator55
I think that was 3 marks.

it was 2 marks
Reply 35
Only realised there was a Q7 4 minutes before the end...whoops :L
Reply 36
Original post by xoFionaxo
Only realised there was a Q7 4 minutes before the end...whoops :L

was q7 the confidence inteval one !!
if not I'm ****ed
Original post by speed2001
For the last probability question, wouldn't the denominator be 194 (or something like that) because it said that they picked from only the 3 bedroom houses.

So wouldn't it be probability of having either 2,3, 4 or more toilets GIVEN that its a 3 bedroom house

Yh the denominator was 194, because the selection was out of the 3 bedroom houses only. I got 0.095 for that i think.
Original post by AmyLH
I sat there for ages trying to figure out the conversion from ml to l :rolleyes:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

haha same, but i had a f****** evian bottle in front of me, with the wrapper still on, so that saved my ass. I was like omg F YES!!!!!
Reply 39
Original post by Butdidudie
was q7 the confidence inteval one !!
if not I'm ****ed

Yeah that was the one, I thought it was just "extra paper". I managed to do it...VERY quickly :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending