The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Very happy with the fuel consumption on the Triple. Most I've got from one tank so far is 163.4 miles :biggrin: I don't think my Fazer did much more.
Just seen the front page of the Newmarket journal. A biker on a Honda 750 rounded a bend and was hit by a foreign lorry on his side of the road. He lost his leg. Initially he got a very large payout. But the lorry insurers appealed and the judge has stopped the award because although the biker was on his side of the road, he was too close to the white line. It seems we are supposed to ride only in the centre of our lane.
I hope the biker can get this overturned.
so ive only got 5 MOT falures, and an MOT that runs out today :frown:

anyone want to fix:
-leaking exhaust (ill be cracking out the exhaust putty soon)
-head bearings
-front brake binding
-new front tyre (easily done, though cost would come out of the new bike fund :frown:)
-slightly sticky throttle
I think my bike is poorly. :frown:

Every time I accelerate past 7000rpm, the engine revs its pants off, the indicator flies up to 12000rpm and the engine makes a hell of a noise while the bike accelerates very slowly.
And it does this in every gear.
It did this every now and then when the bike was cold but as soon as I'd done two or three miles and warmed her up she'd be fine.

Is my clutch knackered? :/
Reply 5924
Original post by Matureb
Just seen the front page of the Newmarket journal. A biker on a Honda 750 rounded a bend and was hit by a foreign lorry on his side of the road. He lost his leg. Initially he got a very large payout. But the lorry insurers appealed and the judge has stopped the award because although the biker was on his side of the road, he was too close to the white line. It seems we are supposed to ride only in the centre of our lane.
I hope the biker can get this overturned.

That's ridiculous. We can't stay centre of our lane and our position is determined by the tightness of the bend. I hope it gets overturned too!
Original post by Adamski91
I think my bike is poorly. :frown:

Every time I accelerate past 7000rpm, the engine revs its pants off, the indicator flies up to 12000rpm and the engine makes a hell of a noise while the bike accelerates very slowly.
And it does this in every gear.
It did this every now and then when the bike was cold but as soon as I'd done two or three miles and warmed her up she'd be fine.

Is my clutch knackered? :/

sounds like the clutch to me, though seems very sudden.
Original post by Boristhethird
sounds like the clutch to me, though seems very sudden.

Well it had been doing it for a few weeks but only for the first two or three miles, soon as it warmed up it seemed okay. :s
Been looking around anyway, any idea how much a workshop would charge for this? May have a go myself though :smile:
MOT passed with 3 advisories, all about the front brake :unsure:

Well it had been doing it for a few weeks but only for the first two or three miles, soon as it warmed up it seemed okay. :s
Been looking around anyway, any idea how much a workshop would charge for this? May have a go myself though :smile:

do it yourself, wasn't too hard when i did it on the bros.

have you got a haynes manual?
That's the Triple down.

No idea how it happened, as I wasn't doing anything more than 10mph round a bend, except that the front end dived and smashed my face into the ground. No major damage to it but the back brake lever's bent upwards and a bit of the engine casing, front brake lever, right handlebar and RHS pillion peg have been ground down a bit.

My left index finger hurts quite a bit, my right knee aches and my left shin has a taken a bit of a hit. All fine though.......just absolutely ****ing fuming.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5929
Original post by LandyJon
That's the Triple down.

No idea how it happened, as I wasn't doing anything more than 10mph round a bend, except that the front end dived and smashed my face into the ground. No major damage to it but the back brake lever's bent upwards and a bit of the engine casing, front brake lever, right handlebar and RHS pillion peg have been ground down a bit.

My left index finger hurts quite a bit, my right knee aches and my left shin has a taken a bit of a hit. All fine though.......just absolutely ****ing fuming.

Oh mate so sorry ! That really blows :frown:
Original post by Boristhethird
MOT passed with 3 advisories, all about the front brake :unsure:

do it yourself, wasn't too hard when i did it on the bros.

have you got a haynes manual?

I have obtained one from somewhere, yes.
A few people on BCF saying that it may be the clutch cable, but I've been out all afternoon fiddling with it here and there trying to get a decent result but I'm positive it must be the clutch. :s
That's the Triple down.

:console: so long as you;ve not broken yourself, the bike can be fixed, gutting as it is

If anyone is trying to contact me.... might have left my phone at home this morning and not had it since 6pm last night, hence not replying to anyone.
I have obtained one from somewhere, yes.
A few people on BCF saying that it may be the clutch cable, but I've been out all afternoon fiddling with it here and there trying to get a decent result but I'm positive it must be the clutch. :s

it could be the cable, check the adjustment of it (too tight and it could be holding the plates apart.)
That's the Triple down.

Oh yuck, it's obviously decided it wanted to sympathise with Tabitha. Your injuries sound like you were riding backwards on it!

Original post by Bathwiggle

If anyone is trying to contact me.... might have left my phone at home this morning and not had it since 6pm last night, hence not replying to anyone.

That's why the sexting isn't working!
Reply 5934
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivx2IfzYHp4

Somewhere, in here, is everything it means to be human, everything it means to push yourself, everything it means to ride bikes.
Original post by Riderz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivx2IfzYHp4

Somewhere, in here, is everything it means to be human, everything it means to push yourself, everything it means to ride bikes.

Absolutely cracking race... Rossi at his best.

You heard about Stoner's retirement as well?

My hope is that either Rossi returns to Repsol Honda because he cannot ride a Ducati competitively at all and would be nice to see him end his Motogp career with another title maybe...

That or maybe Cal getting the ride would also be good if he continues to do well this year...
Original post by Lantana

That's why the sexting isn't working!

:'( should have texted lo.. then i'd have replied. although he might not have let me given i've been antisocial and just slept since turning up here
Reply 5937
Original post by Motorbiker
Absolutely cracking race... Rossi at his best.

You heard about Stoner's retirement as well?

My hope is that either Rossi returns to Repsol Honda because he cannot ride a Ducati competitively at all and would be nice to see him end his Motogp career with another title maybe...

That or maybe Cal getting the ride would also be good if he continues to do well this year...

Cal onto a factory Yam with Pies loosing his place. Honda will be looking for a top rider, but I think Rossi will want to stay with Duc. Whether or not he gets fed up with a bike which wont perform is something to be decided by the guy behind the helmet. I wouldnt blame him for doing either. To see him back on the top of the podium would be the dream for 99% of MotoGP fans though.

What about the youngsters - Espargro, Bradl? They will be looking for a factory ride, and I bet one of them will get it.
Original post by Riderz
Cal onto a factory Yam with Pies loosing his place. Honda will be looking for a top rider, but I think Rossi will want to stay with Duc. Whether or not he gets fed up with a bike which wont perform is something to be decided by the guy behind the helmet. I wouldnt blame him for doing either. To see him back on the top of the podium would be the dream for 99% of MotoGP fans though.

What about the youngsters - Espargro, Bradl? They will be looking for a factory ride, and I bet one of them will get it.

I would like Rossi to move but if he doesn't then not sure who will get it. None of the younger riders have shined that much so far that i would see them sealing the place. Maybe Spies takes it and Cal takes his but spies has not been good this year so far but he was awesome last year...
Original post by Bathwiggle
:'( should have texted lo.. then i'd have replied. although he might not have let me given i've been antisocial and just slept since turning up here

You - sleeping?!

Latest