Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Airsoft Society

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    So after picking up a new gun today, I did a quick search on here and I was quite surprised to find that no-one else had created this (or if it had been created, the thread had been dead for a number of months).

Basically, discuss all things airsoft here I surely can't be the only person on here who plays?!

Your loadout, where you play, and all general chit chat about one of the greatest sports/hobbies ever invented

I'll go first!

Loadout: British DPM Camo

Guns: G&G GR16 R4 Carbine RIS (metal body) - picked it up today for £199, bargain :coma:, JG G36c (two-tone - my starter gun )

Local site: Close Action Airsoft

Still at university at the minute so the gun's waiting for me at home but I'm hoping to get a serious amount of games in over the summer in order to compensate for the missed action.

For those new to airsoft;
    Airsoft is a sport in which participants shoot round non-metallic pellets launched via replica firearms.
    Gameplay varies in style and composition but often range from short-term skirmishes, organized scenarios, military simulations, historical reenactments, to competition target shooting events. Combat situations on the battlefield often involve the use of common military tactics to achieve objectives set in each game. Participants typically emulate the tactical equipment and accessories used by modern military and police organizations. Two similar alternatives to this sport are paintball and Reballing, a paintless paintball with firm foam pellets.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well... I'm looking to buy a BB gun for target practice and just small, fun games with my twin brother who has a pistol BB gun. Which of these do you think hurts the most?

http://www.ukbbg.co.uk/airsoft-shop/...cx4-storm.html

http://www.ukbbg.co.uk/airsoft-shop/...-glock-17.html

I'm not buying anything fancy, just spending a little money ^^
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only times I've seen airsofting it's been with guys who were really trying too hard to be some kind of SWAT/SEAL Team 6/SAS wannabes and just looking idiotic. Please tell me you're not one of them...?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Like this guy... please don't do this
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Been a couple of times, when I go I'm British 95 Pat DPM, may CAdet stuff plus a few extras, wear my '58 webbing...because it's '58 webbing and that stuff will outlast the world.

Generally play with my friends TK M4 or a site AK, not sure of the brand.

Was looking at getting my own, but I don't think I'll have the time or money to keep it up through uni.

Also, Drewski, it's not as bad as it looks from the outside. Most people make the effort to dress the part, but you'd be surprised the amount of detail that goes in. And everyone knows it's just a bit of fun in the end. Hell, some of the WWII loadouts I've seen have been full Recreation spec worth hundreds of pounds, and if someone wants to put that much money into emulating, remembering and respecting our troops, I'm not gunna deride them.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's anything wrong to want to play as realistically as possible? If people are having fun and are playing fun, strategic games I don't see any reason to hate on it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to necropost this topic. I was starting to get into WWII airsoft a couple of years ago, but had to sell off my guns due to being broke.
    I'd like to get back into it, but i'm worried about having airsoft guns in halls and getting into trouble.
    What do you guys think?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys!!!

I've been playing airsoft for around two years now, usually go every month but mostly its every other month due to funds/time .

Loadout: British Armed Police

Guns: Franchi SAS 12 CQB (Black), JG MP5A5 (Two Tone), CZ 75D, Replica Taser

Local site: First & Only Airsoft - The Hive, First & Only Airsoft - Anzio

Pictures:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rYCbtPP.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	265673

http://imgur.com/pguzBf3
    http://imgur.com/hssCoge
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can I resurrect this thread?

I've recently started the Airsoft Society at the University of Kent, Canterbury.

My collection consists of:

Umarex G36C w. Foregrip + EOTech
    Cyma AKM Cm.048
    G&G L85A2 w/ DDrail, grip pod, laser/torch and EOTech
    Dboys Scar H CQC (Tan) with AFG, bipod, + EOTech.

Socom MOH 1911
    Wingun 4" silver revolver
    24k gold plated/nickel plated WE Beretta 92fs (my pimp gun )

I'm off to play at UCAP sandpit this weekend, with 4 other society members.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 28, 2014
New on TSR

GCSE results day

Waiting for your grades? Let off some steam in our results chat megathread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.