The Student Room Group

Is there any point of me revising?

I've got my English Lit. exam on tuesday(AQA unit 1)

For the second part of the exam I'm doing OMAM but I was wondering if I there's any point of revising for it seen as in part a we're mainly talking about the passage in front of us.
Needless to say, I'm going to revise historical context etc. for part b, but is there any point in revising for part a?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
I never do...
You could maybe go over character profiles or key events?
Reply 2
Original post by brightbulb
I never do...
You could maybe go over character profiles or key events?

For this specific exam do you mean?
I don't mean generally, I mean for this exam
Reply 3
cant hurt to at least have a shot at it? if it turns out you fail in august when you could have revised something for it youll be kicking yourself...
might help
What about the first section of the exam where you've got to write an essay on a play or drama?
Reply 6
Original post by _OliviaTheOwl
I've got my English Lit. exam on tuesday(AQA unit 1)

For the second part of the exam I'm doing OMAM but I was wondering if I there's any point of revising for it seen as in part a we're mainly talking about the passage in front of us.
Needless to say, I'm going to revise historical context etc. for part b, but is there any point in revising for part a?

I think that by revising for the context - you could also be revising what the characters represent - kill 2 birds with 1 stone (that's what im going to do anyway! ):smile:
Reply 7
My teacher just gave us some past papers and exam techniques you could try that
Reply 8
Original post by Dandaman9999
What about the first section of the exam where you've got to write an essay on a play or drama?

I'm revising that section.
Reply 9
Original post by mia_hilton
I think that by revising for the context - you could also be revising what the characters represent - kill 2 birds with 1 stone (that's what im going to do anyway! ):smile:

That sounds like a good idea! I'd give you a thumbs up but I've reached the limit lol
Thanks a lot :smile:
I'm revising that section.

Oh you only wanted advice for this section? I say revise the context and the characters and themes and see which themes link best to which characters so you can be prepared on all fronts no matter what the question is :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Dandaman9999
Oh you only wanted advice for this section? I say revise the context and the characters and themes and see which themes link best to which characters so you can be prepared on all fronts no matter what the question is :smile:

Yeah lol
Thanks for your suggestion, I'm gonna do something like that :smile:
Reply 12
Could try past papers and practice essays i guess.
Definitely don't need to revise writing random words in bold. :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Brit_Miller
Definitely don't need to revise writing random words in bold. :biggrin:

haha some of the respones I got annoyed me because the question obviously wasn't read properly so I though I'd save them time :colone:
haha some of the respones I got annoyed me because the question obviously wasn't read properly so I though I'd save them time :colone:

:biggrin:
I'm doing practice essays so maybe some of those will help?

Quick Reply

Latest