The Student Room Group

Official Dissertation Thread - 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

So apparently it's a good idea to do your referencing as you go along, and not leave it all to the end...
Reply 1321
Original post by RabbitCFH
142 pages?! How many words is it?

I picked up my dissertation today and I saw that my supervisor only gave me 58 but the external marker changed it to 60. What a dick.

It's 8800, but I had to put copies of four different translations in the appendix which bumped it up and then the department wanted two hardcopies (in addition to the e-submission). My poor printer thought it was going to die...
Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
So apparently it's a good idea to do your referencing as you go along, and not leave it all to the end...

Just use endnote, don't have to do any of it, just find the book/article on google scholar (or google books), then click import to endnote, when done chose your referencing style and do export, will give you a full list, referenced correctly and in alphabetical order, took me under half an hour to do mine start to finish (inc refinding all on google scholar).
Original post by theronkinator
Just use endnote, don't have to do any of it, just find the book/article on google scholar (or google books), then click import to endnote, when done chose your referencing style and do export, will give you a full list, referenced correctly and in alphabetical order, took me under half an hour to do mine start to finish (inc refinding all on google scholar).

You sir, are a hero.
I have to wait until 23rd June or so for results :frown:. Though my supervisor has been my personal tutor for 4years so as a class (there's 6 people) we're hopefully going out for a meal at the end of the month so hopefully he'll give me a hint or so...
Got to wait until the 8th of June for mine which I can understand as it needs to be double marked (and we only handed them in this Tues). We have Viva's on the morning of the 8th of June, they go do the number crunching in the office (which shouldn't take too long as the Viva is only worth like 3/4% of the year and most of our grades would have been decided by then based on everything else), and then we find out our final grades that same afternoon. My viva is last but one in the group so I have the shortest wait before finding out.
Reply 1326
Wonder if anyone could help me out. Im currently writing my dissertation, it's about controversial theatre and protests against three shows. Basically I feel like all I am doing is an account by account of what happened with each show. Does anyone have tips of a good format to use when writing a dissertation? I've done a mostly practical degree so have never had to do a big piece of written work.
We don't get our dissertation marks back until 2nd July, good times :\
Reply 1328
I still don't know when I'll be getting my results back :sigh:

Tell me now, you bastards! :fuhrer:

:unimpressed:
Original post by aeterno
I still don't know when I'll be getting my results back :sigh:

Tell me now, you bastards! :fuhrer:

:unimpressed:

NEVAR!
Data collection for my Masters Glee dissertation DONE :woo: :yeah: :dance: Thanks to anyone in this thread who took part: much appreciated.

There are some great quotes in various sections of my questionnaire. Gonna enjoy picking the best ones out :teehee:
Reply 1331
NEVAR!

I knew you were part of the conspiracy :unimpressed:
Original post by aeterno
I knew you were part of the conspiracy :unimpressed:

I got your dissertation with me. You're never getting it back and you'll fail. :sexface:
Reply 1333
I got your dissertation with me. You're never getting it back and you'll fail. :sexface:

:eek: :emo:
Okay 10 days til my deadline for my dissertation ( Project)!

Need to motivation of this thread!
Reply 1335
Original post by ebam_uk
Okay 10 days til my deadline for my dissertation ( Project)!

Need to motivation of this thread!

You can do it! :jive: :woo:
Original post by aeterno
You can do it! :jive: :woo:

thanks im gonna try my hardest...
Anyone else find they got ill after handing in their dissertations? I had it a few days after my undergrad deadline and handing in my MA one on Friday having been under immense pressure to get it done on time, I was really ill yesterday.

Must be some sort of reaction to stress.
Anyone else find they got ill after handing in their dissertations? I had it a few days after my undergrad deadline and handing in my MA one on Friday having been under immense pressure to get it done on time, I was really ill yesterday.

I think with important deadlines adrenaline tends to keep you powering through them and then once you pass it, the adrenaline stops and you have the massive come down affect! I had this after exams last year sooooo badly!

I did, probably due to the 55 hours of no sleep in a row though for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending