Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

iTunes

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope this is the right forum.

Quick question. I have just imported a song to itunes but it won't let me edit the song information, the whole screen isjust greyed out.
    I've done a little googling and it's telling me I need to change permissions but I don't know how. It's just this one song, the rest of my library is fine.

Help?

Oh, I'm running Windows 7, if that makes any difference?

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There are two possible reasons for this problem occurring in iTunes.

The first and by far the most common is the file being set as read-only or permissions being set up in such a way that your user account cannot edit the info.

Click Satrt - Computer and navigate the the song on your hard drive. Right-click it and then click Properties. Make sure Read-only is unchecked and then go back and try to edit the Info.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VBQ)
    There are two possible reasons for this problem occurring in iTunes.

The first and by far the most common is the file being set as read-only or permissions being set up in such a way that your user account cannot edit the info.

Click Satrt - Computer and navigate the the song on your hard drive. Right-click it and then click Properties. Make sure Read-only is unchecked and then go back and try to edit the Info.

Thanks for the help. I am not great with computers, going to need to be a little more specific Finding it impossible to find the song on my hard drive.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aha that's okay. Click start, then Computer, double click your hard drive, in the top right hand corner of the window they'll be a search box, type the file name (probably the name of the song) and then right click the file once it has appeared in the search results. Click Open File Location and that'll navigate there for you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try right clicking your itunes icon, then selecting "run as administrator".

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 20, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE results day

How to make sure you're prepared for Thursday

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.