The Student Room Group

Int 2 maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CSM1996
Basically you start at 0 and instead of going up to 2 at 90 degrees you go down to negative 2 so basically its upside down.

Also, the surd question the answer was 2 i'm pretty sure because if you do root 2 x root 2 you cancel out the root sign and you are left with 2. I didn't think the exam was that bad the only one i messed up was 8a which made me get 8b wrong but all in all i think i've done well. For the global warming question i'm pretty sure its no because it said give reason, so I made up a random number and proved that it didn't work. And for the last question on paper 2 the cosxtanx/sinx i got 1 as you turn tanx into sinx/cosx then cancel out, i think :smile:

AHhhh, you have made me panick now lol! But for the global warming, even though it says give reason doesnt mean its wrong.. because you can just prove it right! .. Ooops for the last question i just put tanx = sinx/cosx! :frown:
Reply 41
Original post by freedom123
AHhhh, you have made me panick now lol! But for the global warming, even though it says give reason doesnt mean its wrong.. because you can just prove it right! .. Ooops for the last question i just put tanx = sinx/cosx! :frown:

For that question i think you can get marks if you explain yes/no even though one might be wrong, I just presumed it was no because every example i used it worked out like 48% :/
Anyone remember there answers to the non-calculator? I can hardly recall the paper because i was in shock at how difficult it was!!
Yeah i totally done it wrong anyway lol..
Reply 44
Original post by freedom123
Anyone remember there answers to the non-calculator? I can hardly recall the paper because i was in shock at how difficult it was!!

1. 1158000000000 (i think thats what i put)
2a. 2,7,13,24,33,35 (cumulative frequency)
bi. 8
ii. 7
iii. 9 (again i think)
c. Boxplot can't really do on here
3a. (0,12)
b. (3,8)
4. 34 degrees
5a. 20160 (mean)
b. The mean because it takes into consideration all of the attendances (i just guessed)
6a. 2 and 4 (roots)
b. A = (0,8) B = (2,0) C = (4,0)
c. x=3
7. 10cm
8a. Messed up (embarrassing answer when in fact it is easy)
b. I got a different answer because my formula was wrong
9. Started at 0, went down to -2 then up to 0, then up to 2, then down to 0.
10. 2
Reply 45
For the paper 1 factorising question did anyone else get a(a+b)+b(a+b)? And for the one about whether mean or median was more representative, which one did you say? I put mean but apparently that's wrong because the randomly huge number skewed it...

And for the emissions one, I think it was just one of those 'the price of the house falls by 3.5% each year' questions in disguise. The reason you can't do 15*4 to get 60% is because each time, after the 15% has been taken off, the emissions are lower, and therefore the 15% of it is lower... if that makes any sense. So 100-15% = 85, then 85-15%=72.25, not 100-(15+15)%=70.
Reply 46
Original post by cheesejug
For the paper 1 factorising question did anyone else get a(a+b)+b(a+b)? And for the one about whether mean or median was more representative, which one did you say? I put mean but apparently that's wrong because the randomly huge number skewed it...

And for the emissions one, I think it was just one of those 'the price of the house falls by 3.5% each year' questions in disguise. The reason you can't do 15*4 to get 60% is because each time, after the 15% has been taken off, the emissions are lower, and therefore the 15% of it is lower... if that makes any sense. So 100-15% = 85, then 85-15%=72.25, not 100-(15+15)%=70.

I got (a+b)(a+b) FOIL
a^2 + ab + ba + b^2
a2 + 2ab + b2
probs wrong.
Reply 47
what did u get for the last one on paper two
cosx tanx/sinx ?
Reply 48
a said that cosx tanx/1-cosx
then i got tanx/1
to equal just tanx
Reply 49
Original post by UMARTIAN
I got (a+b)(a+b) FOIL
a^2 + ab + ba + b^2
a2 + 2ab + b2
probs wrong.

Aaah that makes sense. Dang.
Reply 50
Original post by bob35
what did u get for the last one on paper two
cosx tanx/sinx ?

I got 1, since

(cosx/sinx)*tanx
= (cosx/sinx)*(sinx/cosx) since tanx = sinx/cosx

And then that cancels out to get 1. I think.
Reply 51
ohhh **** i hate maaaaaaaaaathhhssssssssssss!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 52
cant wait till these exams are over !!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 53
hahaha i put =1 for the last question in paper 2 as a guess. Think ill still get a mark without working?
Reply 54
For the last question I got 1.

(Tanx = sinx/cosx)

So.. Cosx(sinx/cosx) / sinx

= sinx/sinx = 1

Im a bit rusty with int2 maths though so might be incorrect, I last done the Higher in 2008 lol
For the last trig identity question, I put tanx = sin/cosx think i will get 1/2 marks for it because i showed i knew the "roooot" of the question? :smile:
Reply 56
I am so worried about this. I need my Int 2 Maths or I lose my place at Uni and will have to return to my career as a designer again. I hate it. I long to be a Primary School teacher. It pi**es me off that I might not be able to study to be a primary teacher because my Trigonometry and Quadratic Functions aren't up to scratch in a timed exam...Pointless... now I may lose it all. How is a {standard grade (4)} and an HND Graphic Design and a BSc Applied Graphics not enough?...No?...I have to pass Int 2 Maths...another test of irrelevant skills..... please please please go easy on us SQA!!! :biggrin:)
Reply 57
Counted up my potential marks and end up getting 66%..-gutted. Wouldnt recommend counting up youre marks..
Reply 58
Original post by cheesejug

I'm not happy now. I thought that was one of the ones I got right?!?! L-( 4 marks gone! :frown: :eek: :confused:
Reply 59
Original post by pikey358
Counted up my potential marks and end up getting 66%..-gutted. Wouldnt recommend counting up youre marks..

66% is a pass? why you upset?

Quick Reply

Latest