The Student Room Group

CLICK HERE! A view from the bridge & a christmas carol revision A*/A guaranteed

If you are on the WJEC English exam board for GCSE (Year 11) you probably have an exam on the 24th of May on 'A view from the bridge' and 'A christmas carol'.

Last year I held an online revision session for Of Mice And Men with many attendees (highest was about 38) and it was incredibly helpful! Needless to say quite a number of participants achieved A*s in the exam (checked afterwards) and about 2 people As then for the other participants they didn't put up their module marks. I personally achieved 68/70 in the exam and I think the session helped!

We each contributed quotes and added our own interpretations/analysis to them while other participants added interesting and alternative interpretations. We then discussed all of the themes possible including new ones and discussed the main characters. Some participants wrote some practice questions from past papers and each candidate wrote down their answers and it was just very helpful to say the least.

I would love to host a similar event online again. It was hosted on an online whiteboard last year with a side chat, text (different fonts, sizes and colours), audio (optional), handwriting with mouse feature, image and document sharing etc.

So if I get at least 7 responses (7 different people) willing to sign up for it then I will host it. Spread the word to fellow TSR friends if people or promote in various threads :smile: If 7 or more respond a suitable time will be arranged!

It will honestly be a huge help and you will not regret it! What have you got to lose? It's free and research shows that people who tend to study in groups are more likely to perform better in an exam than those who revise independently! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

Sounds quite helpful.. I have to get a high A* in my final exams to achive 2 A*s(English Lit+Lang) over all, so I really like the idea of this :smile: I'm quite willing to sign up.
Just wondering, does it require webcam, mic or etc? I'm a full-time boarder, so I can only use the school's computer which dosen't provide any of these I mentioned..
Thank you :smile:
Reply 2
i only need revision for a view from the bridge because i do CIE, can i still join?
Reply 3
i would love to do this
Heyyy, am defiantly up for this, my exam is next thursday, when will this starts??? :colondollar:
Hey all thanks for replying :smile: Only 4 replies but it doesn't matter. Would next week Tuesday be suitable for anyone?
Reply 6
Original post by FutureMedicalDoctor
Hey all thanks for replying :smile: Only 4 replies but it doesn't matter. Would next week Tuesday be suitable for anyone?

lol not really cause my view from the bridge is next tuesday so earlier would be great:smile:
Original post by Kim07
Hi,

Sounds quite helpful.. I have to get a high A* in my final exams to achive 2 A*s(English Lit+Lang) over all, so I really like the idea of this :smile: I'm quite willing to sign up.
Just wondering, does it require webcam, mic or etc? I'm a full-time boarder, so I can only use the school's computer which dosen't provide any of these I mentioned..
Thank you :smile:

Hi there :smile:
No it does not require a webcam or microphone. Most of it just utilises text from typing and handwriting with the computer mouse.
Original post by desslop
i only need revision for a view from the bridge because i do CIE, can i still join?

Yes you can :smile:

Original post by chrisy:)
lol not really cause my view from the bridge is next tuesday so earlier would be great:smile:

Problem is I have an exam tomorrow and four exams on Monday which I will be revising for. Hmm...either tomorrow, this Friday or Monday evening?

The revision lesson last year was quite near to the exam aswell. Just a few days before, 2 or 3 days?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Is this still happening? If so I'm interested in joining :smile:

however, im not doing Christmas carol - only a view from the bridge, of mice and men and lord of the flies
Reply 10
friday would be good. will it be here on student room cause i thinkthat might be easy?
I'm doing both A View From The Bridge and A Christmas Carol, can we do it tonight or something?
Original post by lewis3941e
Just wondering if this is still happening because the exam is on Thursday. Maybe tonight or tomorrow night?

Yeah.. it would be great
So is it not happening then :frown:
Original post by Gorganite
So is it not happening then :frown:

It doesn't look that way:{
Original post by leechandtea
It doesn't look that way:{

can you help me with this?
Original post by lewis3941e
Which text do you want help with?

a view from the bridge and a christmas carol for wjec
How'd you guys find it?
(Are we allowed to talk about it yet considering its WJEC?)
Reply 18
I chose the Catherine question for AVFTB, and the 'which spirit do you think it's the most effective' for A christmas carol ( I chose present).
It was alright I guess, not the most greatest extract in AVFTB though.. I rushed that one a little bit and the last two paragraphs were only about six lines long in total :frown:
mehh
I chose the honour, passion and betrayel q and the spirit question- past
IMO it was a really good paper overall and with other people complaining about their chosen play and prose, heroes and an inspector calls, im really glad i did these.
Did like 9 pages in total and i think i cuda gotten an a* in that paper :biggrin:
Hoping for the best

Quick Reply

Latest