The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

The Official Sussex FIRMERS 2012 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I'm doing History and Politics and really looking forward to hopefully going to Sussex in september, but I'm really nervous about my grades now :s-smilie:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by lindsay1
woo, my insurance is royal holloway but i want sussex so badly that if i don't get in, considering taking a year out.. what about you? :smile:.

I am also doing Geography, but BSc, and have insuranced RHUL :smile:
Reply 122
Original post by lindsay1
woo, my insurance is royal holloway but i want sussex so badly that if i don't get in, considering taking a year out.. what about you? :smile:.

Royal Holloway is my insurance too! I agree with you completely, it's an ace university for geography, but i'll definately resit the year if I don't get into Sussex. I love it too much :smile:
Reply 123
Original post by greengloves
I am also doing Geography, but BSc, and have insuranced RHUL :smile:

Me too! haha let's all agree, we want Sussex too badly :smile:
Reply 124
Original post by Domidomidomiii
Just firmed Sussex for English and Film!
Top 3 accomodation are: Northfield, Swanborough, and Brighthelm. :biggrin:

Anyone else firmed English and Film? :smile: So excitedddd- just hoping I get the grades...

I'm a firmer for English and Film too! :biggrin: Can't wait to go there ^^
Original post by clarahhh
I'm a firmer for English and Film too! :biggrin: Can't wait to go there ^^

Yayyy, anybody else? And me neither- not tooo confident though! :s-smilie: Fingers crossed! What are your accomodation choices? :smile:
Reply 126
Original post by Domidomidomiii
Yayyy, anybody else? And me neither- not tooo confident though! :s-smilie: Fingers crossed! What are your accomodation choices? :smile:

Haha not as far as I know of! Don't really know anyone else personally going to Sussex to be honest. Good luck! :biggrin:

Hm my first n second choices were park village n park houses! Can't really remember what I put for the rest haha. Did you go for the open day?
tumblr_m3riweVHp31qhq6ig.png

I wonder if this is true. 'The University of Sussex attempts to make the university more like Hogwarts by allowing the 2012 students to be sorted into Hogwarts houses upon arriving. Everyone is upset about the 9 grand fees a year so we had to do something to placate the masses'.

It's a hilarious idea but it won't work I don't think, not everyone will take it seriously and I'm not fond of queuing up on my first day of admission for hours to get put into an imaginary house, even if I am a massive fan of Harry Potter. I'd rather just have my degree for 3 and a half grand thanks.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by swbp
Me too! haha let's all agree, we want Sussex too badly :smile:

Yeah...at the beginning it was my absolutely definite favourite, but Royal Holloway seemed brillliant too (100% student satisfaction for human and 99% for physical! and a good friend of mine lives there, doing a Phd), in the end it was a tough call between them and now I'm just hoping I've made a good choice because it's too late to change but have a hunch I've very possibly done the wrong thing. A lot of that might be the negativity about Sussex in some of the threads on this board making me paranoid. Ho hum. I suppose in the end it's what you make of it, wherever you are! Just being a worry-face.
Reply 129
Original post by greengloves
Yeah...at the beginning it was my absolutely definite favourite, but Royal Holloway seemed brillliant too (100% student satisfaction for human and 99% for physical! and a good friend of mine lives there, doing a Phd), in the end it was a tough call between them and now I'm just hoping I've made a good choice because it's too late to change but have a hunch I've very possibly done the wrong thing. A lot of that might be the negativity about Sussex in some of the threads on this board making me paranoid. Ho hum. I suppose in the end it's what you make of it, wherever you are! Just being a worry-face.

Don't worry about getting cold feet, everyone does at some point! I had such a tough choice between Sussex and Sheffield, but now I honestly am so glad I chose Sussex - it just seems like an amazing place to be and I can't wait to get started and meet some amazing people :smile:
Original post by Rolo1
I'm doing History and Politics and really looking forward to hopefully going to Sussex in september, but I'm really nervous about my grades now :s-smilie:

JOIN THE CLUB. My exam results don't get published until the 6th of July ):
Reply 131
I really really want to go to Sussex, if I don't get in this year I will seriously consider resitting my A2s as Sussex means tonnes to me. Has anyone else heard back from accomodation yet by the way?
Original post by Sussexfirmer
Firmed Sussex uni for BA Economics (looks like i'll be the only one doing it! haha). Anyone else doing the same?

As for accommodation I've put East Slope first so pretty sure i'll get that. Bring on freshers week!

heya, i put east slope as my first choice too! from what i had read on the student room etc. it sounded really fun (and cheap haha) but then my friend who lives there atm told me he had a rat in his room :s-smilie: he said it was quite friendly though :smile:
Reply 133
Original post by psyaddict
I really really want to go to Sussex, if I don't get in this year I will seriously consider resitting my A2s as Sussex means tonnes to me. Has anyone else heard back from accomodation yet by the way?

If you're asking about allocation of accommodation (after you've applied) then they don't start that until August. If you have an unconditional place you'll hear shortly before the A2 results come out. Otherwise, you'll hear after results, maybe even not until early to mid September.
Original post by funksoulfreddy
heya, i put east slope as my first choice too! from what i had read on the student room etc. it sounded really fun (and cheap haha) but then my friend who lives there atm told me he had a rat in his room :s-smilie: he said it was quite friendly though :smile:

Ha a rat in his room, that's brilliant! To be fair putting East Slope as first you kinda expect the roughest of the rough haha! But i'm sure if you turn a blind eye to the actual living conditions it will be amazing. I've heard great things about the people who live there, and even better things about the parties :wink: So I'm sure we'll definitely be in for the 'real uni experience'.. *beer, beer, beer!* :biggrin:
Original post by Sussexfirmer
Ha a rat in his room, that's brilliant! To be fair putting East Slope as first you kinda expect the roughest of the rough haha! But i'm sure if you turn a blind eye to the actual living conditions it will be amazing. I've heard great things about the people who live there, and even better things about the parties :wink: So I'm sure we'll definitely be in for the 'real uni experience'.. *beer, beer, beer!* :biggrin:

yeah! i think the trick is to make the living conditions so bad that the rats are too scared to come in
Reply 136
Original post by gemini89
If you're asking about allocation of accommodation (after you've applied) then they don't start that until August. If you have an unconditional place you'll hear shortly before the A2 results come out. Otherwise, you'll hear after results, maybe even not until early to mid September.

Okay thanks, started to worry a bit then as I would have no where to stay if my accomodation was lost!!
Reply 137
I'm doing Geography BA too! :smile: Well, hopefully if i get in!
Anyone stuck on what accommodation to choose? :h:
Reply 138
Original post by ellismay
I'm doing Geography BA too! :smile: Well, hopefully if i get in!
Anyone stuck on what accommodation to choose? :h:

YAY i've found 3 of us who are doing BA geography so far! Accomodation really depends on what budget you have....
Reply 139
Anyone doing MA international relations..i have firmly accepted the offer..northfield is my first acc. preference..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending