The Student Room Group

English Literature AQA POETRY; Relationships clust predicted questions 24nd May 2012

I have a feeling it may be on born yesterday

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
really why?
i think it will be praise song
Reply 2
I hope it is not Born Yesterday
Reply 3
eurgh I'm doing this
Reply 4
I can tell you what it won't be.

In Paris with You, Brothers and Sister Maude are the only listed ones on foundation.

Sonnet 43, Nettles, Harmonium and The Manhunt have come up already under the new spec (ie within the last year).

So that leaves Hour, Quickdraw, Sonnet 116, Praise song, Coy Mistress, Farmer's Bride, Born Yesterday or Ghazal.
can someone please explain to his coymistress to me?
thankyou so much!
Reply 6
Thats really interesting! I have a sneaky feeling the first one will be Farmers Bride and the
second one perhaps praise song but im not sure i wish it was the man hunt :frown:
Reply 7
I was really hoping it would be something like Manhunt, Nettles, Quickdraw - those ones are soo much easier to write about..
Please please please please please be Nettles...
Praying it's Hour or Quickdraw, know them poems inside out.

Would be a safe idea to learn atleast 2 poems thoroughly for Contemporary and Literary Heritage section. Higher probability that you'll get the poem you've studied (:
Reply 10
Original post by _soph1
I was really hoping it would be something like Manhunt, Nettles, Quickdraw - those ones are soo much easier to write about..

i wanted it to be manhunt to! but last year manhunt and nettles came up so not very likely :frown:
Reply 11
If we get either of the sonnets I think I'll cry...!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 12
I wanted it to be manhunt so badly! Can someone send me some starting points on how to analyse Sonnet 116? Because i find it really hard to do anything with :s-smilie:
I know manhunt, nettles, quickdraw and ghazal...
just to let you guys know, Hour, Harmonium and Sonnet 116 - if they appear - will only appear in the higher tier...so there's a high likelihood that one of them will come up.
how did everyone find the lit paper today? anyone do TKAM and/or the Crucible, the questions were horrible! :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by liam95
I can tell you what it won't be.

In Paris with You, Brothers and Sister Maude are the only listed ones on foundation.

Sonnet 43, Nettles, Harmonium and The Manhunt have come up already under the new spec (ie within the last year).

So that leaves Hour, Quickdraw, Sonnet 116, Praise song, Coy Mistress, Farmer's Bride, Born Yesterday or Ghazal.

does that mean its 100% not any of the foundation papers? as in do we not have to revise them?
Reply 14
Original post by Rose393
does that mean its 100% not any of the foundation papers? as in do we not have to revise them?

Look on page 3. http://store.aqa.org.uk/resourceZone/pdf/english/AQA-ENGLIT-W-TRB-U01TG.PDF
Reply 15
Also, the last two papers have featured on poem from the contemporary section and one from the literary heritage, if that helps anyone.

Reply 16
Original post by liam95
Also, the last two papers have featured on poem from the contemporary section and one from the literary heritage, if that helps anyone.

Which part of the paper were these poems in?? :s-smilie:

Reply 17
I done it in Jan and I got a question on feelings to do with harmonium and I compared it with Praise song.

The unseen was utter crap. I said it was about procrastination LOL when it was actually about taking a break and relaxing -.- I kept on referring to the poet as the wrong gender :|

I almost got full UMS thanks to this amazing resource!
Attached.
Original post by ginge:)
I wanted it to be manhunt so badly! Can someone send me some starting points on how to analyse Sonnet 116? Because i find it really hard to do anything with :s-smilie:
I know manhunt, nettles, quickdraw and ghazal...
just to let you guys know, Hour, Harmonium and Sonnet 116 - if they appear - will only appear in the higher tier...so there's a high likelihood that one of them will come up.
how did everyone find the lit paper today? anyone do TKAM and/or the Crucible, the questions were horrible! :frown:

Harmonium came up in Jan and one of the sonnets, I think it was 43 though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending