The Student Room Group

WJEC 22nd may 2012 english literature gcse

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
can u guys help me with the wjec unit 2 exam for a view from the bridge and a christmas carol
Original post by No brainer1
can u guys help me with the wjec unit 2 exam for a view from the bridge and a christmas carol

Use sparknotes :-)
Reply 22
Original post by lucy1996
i did the justice question for to kill a mockingbird, however couldnt think of that many examples - just Tom Robinson and a bit of Boo Radley? :s-smilie: what else could there have been? and i didnt like the poetry question at all - a lot of people in my school were saying that the baby in poem one was dead? i didnt think so tho..

That's what I did in the TKAM bit, I only had 2 major points about justice but hopefully they were good enough :-) The poems were quite bad though, I've definitely seen better ones in past papers. Oh well!
Reply 23
Original post by SparkleDust231
Use sparknotes :-)

Original post by No brainer1

No problem,that website is amazing! =)
Good Luck
Reply 25
I did the OM&M question i didn't think it was too bad and did part c because you could write about all of the characters rather than just Lennie. However the poetry question i thought was harder some of my friends thought the first one was about a baby's life just starting but i thought it was about death and wrote about the baby dying and how not all babies survive, i did like the second poem though!
What was question b in of mice and men?
Reply 27
iF i DID A question c, but accidentally wrote 'question b' on the front, will it stilll be marked!, because you could make a choice
So, for question a in TKAM, i wrote a page on this, explaining the metaphor of putting knife down ... plate to the side e.t.c.

Question b looked horrid, and my teacher said avoid it at all costs.

Question c was OK, but it was more injustice than justice! Here I mentioned:
Injustice of Tom Robison (all white jury + innocence)
Injustice of Dolphus Raymond (judged by society, like TR)
Injustice of Boo Radley (Similar point, mentioned 'never understand')
Justice that Calpurnia gets (Treated as an equal)

I have to say, I actually liked the poetry. I though they had a common theme of death maybe? I also described the children as innocent, and showed the children o be naturalistic. For a personal response, I thought it highlighted the post natal depression for mothers.

Judging from this, does anyone think I would possibly get an A with those points?
**** i think i misread question b)
I thought it said 'How does John Steinbeck uses sympathy in Of Mice & Men'
Reply 30
yeh, I wasn't overly pleased with the essay question (extract was fine) but I think by choosing the protagonist, it's very difficult to be concise, would have preferred a more minor character because there's less to cover, ho hum. I went for Lennie too. :L

Poems went ok, ran out of time a bit too, would have liked to have been able to read through it all. Haha, yeh, damn babies :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by Charlesgreenough
**** i think i misread question b)
I thought it said 'How does John Steinbeck uses sympathy in Of Mice & Men'

iF i DID A question c, but accidentally wrote 'question b' on the front, will it stilll be marked!, because you could make a choice. I M NOT SURE IF i DID IT, BU T I WASN'T SURE.
I'm guessing not as you can the marker can tell what he is marking.

WHAT WAS QUESTION B) ON OF MICE AND MEN?
Reply 33
I thought the of mice and men questions were ok. I only spent about 45 minutes on the poetry. I'm rubbish at poetry so I probably failed that question.
Reply 34
I'm guessing not as you can the marker can tell what he is marking.

WHAT WAS QUESTION B) ON OF MICE AND MEN?

something like how does steinbeck present strength and weakness in of mice and men?
No the other one? Hahaha! I wrote about the sympathy in the whole book and not Lennie-____________-!!
Reply 36
No the other one? Hahaha! I wrote about the sympathy in the whole book and not Lennie-____________-!!

there wasnt one about sympathy in the whole book? it was sympathy for Lennie or strength and weakness for the whole book
Any advice for the exam on thursday guys?

Heroes and inspector calls.
When I did this exam, we got Candy! It was so hard to write stuff on him! you're all lucky to have got Lennie tbh haha><
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ..scream.fan...
When I did this exam, we got Candy! It was so hard to write stuff on him! you're all lucky to have got Lennie tbh haha><

If you're talking about the january 2102 exam, I did that too
And let's be honest, we got a friendship themed question....
You cant really complain about that can you,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending