Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't sleep properly...

Announcements Posted on
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I find it pretty easy to fall asleep, but most nights I wake up at least twice and it's really really annoying. Usually I can fall asleep again but also quite often I end up laid in bed for hours not being able to fall back asleep... leading to feeling really tired and horrible the next day.
    Example is last night, I went to sleep at 10:30pm, woke up again at midnight, and then woke up again at 4am ish.

I don't understand why I can't just sleep without waking up so often it's not even like I'm having too much sleep - I go to bed usually between 10-midnight and my alarm goes off at 6am, and I'm usually really tired by the time I actually do go to bed.

At first it didn't bother me but it's been like this for ages now and I'm just sick of it! I sometimes wake up feeling really ill too, like last night I woke up with feeling sick/hot but shivery, and then by this morning was completely fine and didn't feel ill in the slightest it's worse as now I've become more aware of it annoying me, once I wake up I'm like "akgbhkshgkd not again" and then end up staying awake for absolutely ages not being able to sleep, whereas when it first happened I'd just open my eyes/check the time/fall back asleep fairly soon after.

any idea of what it may be? I guess it's not really worthy of a trip to the doctors, as it's not so much making me ill as just really annoyed/tired..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try exercising during the day. It really helps!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not really a long term solution but it may provide you with some short term relief. I had a similar problem when I changed one of my medications and would wake every half an hour or so, it's very irritating and you often wake up feeling horrible.

I used a hypnotic sedative (Zopiclone) for 2 weeks and it worked well. Once I was asleep it would keep me sedated for well over 10 hours until my alarm went off the next morning. As said, not a long term solution, but it's a solution nonetheless.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    not being able to stay asleep is a harder problem to solve than not being able to initiate sleep

I would go to the doctors...though the help you will get will depend on your gp
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I will probably try exercising but it's not that I'm not tired! I'm always really really tired when I finally go to sleep which is why it's a bit confusing and I'm pretty sure it will only get worse now I've finished college cos I won't be nearly as tired when I go to sleep. hmm...

(Original post by moya)
    not being able to stay asleep is a harder problem to solve than not being able to initiate sleep

I would go to the doctors...though the help you will get will depend on your gp
    It's just really irritating :sadnod: hmm, I thought about it but I'm not really sure what help you can realistically get. Plus yeah like you said some GPs will just totally dismiss it as a non-problem/think I'm overreacting (which I guess I kind of am) and I seem to remember mine being quite like that..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Codders1111)
    Try exercising during the day. It really helps!
    no, i workout after school and still have similar problems recently as the OP.

it will come and go
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tdkr)
    no, i workout after school and still have similar problems recently as the OP.

it will come and go :)
    Bummer, exercise works for me. Good luck sorting it out!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 23, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.